Thread: Aion, the Hellenistic God of Time

Senior Member Chosen Pokechu212's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile!

Aion, the Hellenistic God of Time

Yes, there is already a greek time deity, but I thought of this concept and I couldn't find anything to attach it to. Just note that this deity comes from a different branch of the Greco-Roman polytheistic religion, as I tried to make clear in the title.

By the way, don't kill me for not using his alias, "Aeon."

Aion
    Hellenistic God of Time

Greek
    Mage
    Magical
    Ranged

For God Concept Challenge March-April - Ultimate with cooldown under 30s

Appearance
    Just picture this, except with more clothes and glowy stuff. I was limited on sources and drawing skills, so use your imagination.

Lore
    TBA, it's late at night and I need a break from writing.

Abilities
    Passive: Paradox:Each of Aion's basic attacks and abilities increase in damage by 10% of his magical power each time they damage the same enemy. The more the enemy is hit, the more the scaling stacks on itself, allowing for up to 4 stacks.

To clarify, the same instance of the basic attack or ability must hit twice. This passive will not proc if Aion just whacks a target with multiple basics. Also, this ability allows for 40% additional scaling.

This is a fairly simple passive, but it pairs extremely well with his second ability. The idea behind this passive, as well as the entire kit in general, is that Aion can use his second ability skillfully to gain two or three hits on an enemy
    First Ability: Warp: Aion warps time within an area in front of him, slowing and damaging enemies inside every .5 seconds, affecting enemies for as long as they remain within the area.

Ability: Line

Duration: 2.5s
    Damage per Tick: 10/20/30/40/50 (+10%)
    Slow: 30%

Cooldown: 6s
    Cost: 55/60/65/70/75

This ability serves both as method of waveclear and as a good poke for Aion. The ability could easily clear minions, and Aion could also deal some serious poke by using his second ability to hold enemies within the area for a little longer.

It's worth nothing that the DoT does proc Aion's passive.
    Second Ability: Recall: After a 0.75s charging period, Aion rewinds time within an area around him, affecting himself, enemies, and any of Aion's abilities or basic attacks for up to 1.5s. No healing, mana regeneration, or cooldown reduction occurs.

This ability can be cancelled early.

Ability: AoE
    Radius: 30

Cooldown: 6/7/8/9/10
    Cost: 85/90/95/100/105

This is essentially Aion's core ability, as well as the primary compliment to his passive. As the description says, while this ability is active, Aion's abilities and basic attacks are also rewinded, and if they still remain when the ability wears off, they begin to move on their previous course. Combined with the fact that the movements of enemy gods are also rewound, this allows you to hit enemies with your attacks up to 3 times. This grants a 30% scaling addition, which isn't bad.

It would be fun to see players try to get to the fourth passive stack lol.

Even if this is a little broken, keep in mind that Aion is extremely vulnerable during this ability's execution, as he is under the same effect as his targets'.
    Third Ability: Forward in Time: Aion begins to travel forward through time much faster than anything else around him, granting him a movement speed and additional HP5 and MP5

Ability: Buff
    Duration: 7s
    Movement Speed Buff: 10%/15%/20%/25%/30% of movement speed
    HP5/MP5 Buff: 5/9/13/17/21% of HP5 and MP5

Cooldown: 13s
    Cost: 80/85/90/95/100

I didn't really feel like this character needed any more damaging abilities, as his ultimate can be paired with his second ability to deal some devastating damage, so I decided to give him a little mobility. Besides, he needs to be close to most of his targets, so I feel that this fits well.

I thought that I would also throw in some HP5 and MP5, just for a little spice to this ability.
    Ultimate: Spontaneous Decay: Aion produces a massive ball of energy that drastically warps time around it, causing anything that passes through to instantaneously decay and take damage. A non-stacking magical protection debuff is also applied to all enemies hit, lasting 3s and refreshing on each hit taken.

Ability: Line similar to Isis's Spirit Balls
    Radius: 20

Damage: 70/80/90/100/120 (+50%)
    Magical Protection Debuff: 15/20/25/30/35%

Cooldown: 18s
    Cost: 120

If used right with his second ability, this can essentially become a nuke.

That's really all there is to say about this. It's his second damaging ability, and instead of dealing some weak DoT, it drops a motherload on something.

~~~~~~

Anyway, Aion is meant to be a heavy burst mage that thrives in teamfights, controlling the enemy team with his second ability and slapping them with the hopes and dreams of children using his ultimate, which acts sort of like Agni's. Despite this, as I previously stated, his second ability does keep him somewhat vulnerable to heavy attack, which can definitely punish the player if they miss their target. In this way, Aion has a little bit of risk to him, especially because his mobility is somewhat limited.

Please give some feedback on the numbers, as I am a little unsure how the damage values for his first ability and ultimate pair up with his second ability.

Thanks
    -= Update Log =-

• 30-3: Added a magical protection debuff to Spontaneous Decay
    Last edited by Pokechu212; 03-30-2016 at 07:43 PM.

Member Worshipper ChromosomaExtra's Avatar
    Italy, north west. A rainy place, exellent to lose time reviewing and maybe even posting.
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    So.
    The passive is interesting, the 2 is good, the 1 is fitting, the 3 is acceptable, the ult banal, but why not.
    You should find another deity of time in another pantheon.
    What to say? I do various things. Review all sort of threads, message, post sometimes.

I'm always there watching you

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromosomaExtra View Post
    So.
    The passive is interesting, the 2 is good, the 1 is fitting, the 3 is acceptable, the ult banal, but why not.
    You should find another deity of time in another pantheon.
    Any other deity I found was not really a time deity. I could really only find gods of fate and other ones that could technically have some insignificant relationship with time. All in all, this is the only deity in which this kit would fit.

Also, I was worried about the ult. I was thinking of adding a stun to it, which I may or may not. I'll think about it.

The 3 was also originally going to be a teleport. Is that a little too much?

Achievements:
    Thread used Hyper Bump!

...feedback would be appreciated.

Achievements:
    Pls love me and give feedback ;-;