Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dropping the ball on Sol

New Member Cupidhead SuperiorSol's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Quote Originally Posted by LaFemminaVolpe View Post
    She can't even clear minions anymore, so I don't think thats very balanced.
    Heck the only thing I can do with Sol now is survive until my enemy gets clumsy or wait for my team to go for a gank, and I'm mastery 10 at her. She was still beatable if you knew how she worked.

I think its even more dumb for Hi-Rez to nerf her, yet buff gods like Ah Puch lol
    Agreed! I have seen this too! I'd like to hear from a dev that actually plays her on a regular basis address these concerns that have been voiced here.
    Last edited by SuperiorSol; 05-18-2016 at 06:29 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Real Garden of Eden's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LaFemminaVolpe View Post
    She can't even clear minions anymore, so I don't think thats very balanced.
    Heck the only thing I can do with Sol now is survive until my enemy gets clumsy or wait for my team to go for a gank, and I'm mastery 10 at her. She was still beatable if you knew how she worked.

I think its even more dumb for Hi-Rez to nerf her, yet buff gods like Ah Puch lol
    Your build is bad then I can clear minions with her.
    Guns don't kill people, I kill people with guns

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Bunch of sour Sol players is all. Adapt and deal with it.

New Member Cupidhead KHM Darkness's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    To be honest, I have to agree. I began to play as Sol after they nerfed her (she's actually my main Mage. I love being able to heal without items like she can), and I noticed that she feels kind of... bare.

Damage wise, she can do a decent amount of damage if you manage to hit the enemy with her main damage ability, but after a little while, that becomes more and more useless unless you are fighting with a group. But alright, she's kind of like a poker, like Vulcan is. I can respect that. Self healing and about 600 damage near the end of the match with a single ability is pretty useful, especially since it forces the enemy to spread out away from it or get some moderate damage and a slow debuff. It's pretty good at taking out minions as well.

But her escape ability, I find myself dying more than escaping when I really need it. There have been plenty of times where I saw two enemies coming at me, forcing me to retreat, only for the rest of the team to gank me while Sol is immune. Then a second later, she dies because her immune form is so slow. It's like her sudden burst of speed is negated when she disperses into to the glowing orb form, which easily allows enemies to catch up to her.

I don't know. Compared to other Gods' escape abilities, her's just seem underwhelming, especially the flaming trail it leads behind her. It can barely kill minions even at the end of a match! But I don't mind it being meant for more of an escape than damage. Perhaps they can change it to were she is immune to everything for five seconds while keeping the speed buff, and to help keep it balanced, perhaps increase the cooldown on it.

At least that's my opinion.
    Last edited by KHM Darkness; 07-23-2016 at 12:34 PM.