Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Medusa not the most OP Hunter?

On the Plains of the Carpathian Basin (Hungary)
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    She's strong, but wouldn't say she's OP. Her steroid is decent, the waveclear is good and you can poke the enemy with it (I even got kills with it, by using on a enemy, only to get it spread to his teammate), her 3 is a good offensive ability, but for escape iit's not that good. People can blocck it so easily. Her ult is a great teamfight ult, but you have to make it unpredictrable to be effective.

She''s strong in early and mid game, but she falls off a bit and can't box with hunters like Apollo, Rama or Hou Yi. She also needs an agressive support to bully the oher duo (expect Ymir and Cabrakan, because their walls block the ult. So much fail I had because Ymir fall blocked he ult.).

She was OP at release, no deny, but that was a long time. She's balanced now and has a solid place among the hunters.
    Genie of the Forum!

Half human though and free, so I only have semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmic power, but still magical nonetheless

Nu Wa and Medusa (or as I call them, snake ladies) are love and life <3

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    As a recent Medusa X I can say Medusa is powerful, but not really overpowered.

Her 1 is really nice, The extra steroid helps.

Her 2 is a decent clear but Far from the best clear, Her acid spray does 90/135/180/225/270 (+70% scaling) is kinda mid tier clear compared to Anhur's impale 90/155/220/285/350 (+80% scaling) or Neith's Spirit arrow that does 90/155/220/285/350 (+90% scaling).
    Acid spray is good but the only thing that it has going for it is the cone that makes it a pretty good poking ability, Other then that the ability nothing special.

Lacerate's Root is great and all, but if a Medusa uses it to root someone, Shes a sitting duck and if Petrify is down, She will most likely be dead.
    The healing reduction won't help much against healers because it won't really make a difference till end game, its base 10% reduction and if you level the dash over Acid spray or Viper shot, You are playing Medusa wrong.

Petrify hits like a truck if You get a really get setup or if You ult out of a corner, Otherwise if an enemy gets stunned by it server issues aside, Its 100% their fault.

Shes a good ability based hunter, but definitely not the best one.

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    If they revert unneccesary anhur and rama buffs and actually nerf the dumb ones like hou yi and neith she'd be seen more as she's pretty much balanced, but you don't win by picking balanced gods, you pick broken ones if you want to win.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Junior Member Cupidhead someguy216's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Medusa is clearly a good god, you have to her not tried her properly or be naive not to see that. But she's not OP either. As others have stated she has quite a few limitations just like most hunters.

Junior Member Cupidhead PrimalFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    Yeah i agree with most of the previous comments she's right in the middle somewhere, her ults pretty bad unless u can catch someone off guard or if u combo with someone like athena or hun batz. her 2s good poke and her steroid is ok. One of the things i like to do is lacerate then use sunder, u'd be surprised how easy it is to melt someone assuming u can afford the relic slot and u can get away after without your escape.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I'm just not seeing the negativity. I run fatalis with no pen and USUALLY own everyone. For people with a lot of physical D, throw in bane and you got them too.

Against good players, the ult requires setup but can be used when going around corners.

Interesting replies though.
    Not to doubt your skills, but something is wrong with your opposition if you are getting away with no pen builds; it's nothing to do with Medusa in particular unless these same people are constantly frozen by your ult as well.

Hook me up with these people who fail to build any defenses and cannot dodge the next time I need a quick win.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynfael View Post
    Not to doubt your skills, but something is wrong with your opposition if you are getting away with no pen builds; it's nothing to do with Medusa in particular unless these same people are constantly frozen by your ult as well.

Hook me up with these people who fail to build any defenses and cannot dodge the next time I need a quick win.
    I have gone against people that build D. Usually it's only BOV which only takes a few more hits. Only time I have trouble is when someone builds two or three physical D. In that case, he has no damage and I eat the squishies alive.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    I've maintained a 2.5 KD with her and run by myself. Admittedly, I have more difficulty when going against a pre-made when I'm with non-mic'd randoms.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 3,201
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    She's very easy to counter. Positioning correctly can make it impossible for her to dash away and looking away from her during Petrified cuts the damage it does in half and prevents a stun.

But she is balanced and well designed.
    Last edited by Goobis; 03-28-2016 at 07:43 PM.

Senior Member Infamous TheLethalCorgi's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,262
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Leave Baedusa alone. She's my best God.