Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why 5v5 Siege is bad, and why 4v4 is the future.

Senior Member Honoured Sasquatchias's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Personally I think the best option would be to just add a separate 4v4 Siege mode rather than replace the current 5v5.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatchias View Post
    Personally I think the best option would be to just add a separate 4v4 Siege mode rather than replace the current 5v5.
    Keep in mind that NO ONE played arena league, and that your idea would further segregate the player base. what in the

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by BlameTheTank View Post
    Exactly this, leave it 5v5, those who want to make it "competitive" can do customs for tournaments sake.
    I have to agree. Currently the 5v5 is my favorite mode because even if you get teamed with a lemon player there is still a chance for you to win with your other 3 team mates. It's supposed to be a casual mode to ease players into conquest if I recall correctly.

How are people supposed to do that when they are facing nothing but pre made tryhards when they are just solo queing for a few fun matches. There is no competition in that. I'll say again there is no competition in pre mades getting in matches vs randoms. The pre mades don't grow in skill because they already have the advantage and the randoms just get face stomped 99% of the time. But that's another subject all together on pre mades needing to be forced to play other pre mades and go vs randoms only if matchmaking can't find other pre mades to go against.

Junior Member Cupidhead Electriq's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 298
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I think the best idea here is to just test 4v4 for 1-2 weeks in Casual queue, and then move it to League if it works, basically instead of Arena League, and bring back 5v5 to Casual queue

I'm not against testing, but I am against keeping it, like I said in my last post, it only brings meta, which I do not want, I want to fool around and play for fun in siege, so far it worked good, and that's all that matters for me
    Last edited by Electriq; 05-27-2014 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Adding stuff

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    You guys DO know that 5v5 or 4v4, siege will develop a metagame eventually, right?
    ▲▲▼▼◄►◄► B A SELECT START

Junior Member Cupidhead GrandBreaker's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Electriq View Post
    Fully agreed, Erez pls! I don't want mini conquest, I want fun / casual game mode without any pressure on god selection / match >_>

This will just be farming 2v2 fest in 2 lanes and that is not what I want to play

Also, I do not want meta here, meta is for conquest
    There will be always be a meta for every different game mode, regardless of whether or not you want it to exist. The meta is simply "the strongest gods for that game mode" and some gods kit's enable them to be just beastly in specific game modes. See Bakasura in 1v1's for example. That being said, if you want to separate casual game modes between competitive, then you need to request casual queues and ranked queues. According to the rules themselves, there really isn't a "Casual" queue.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandBreaker View Post
    There will be always be a meta for every different game mode, regardless of whether or not you want it to exist. The meta is simply "the strongest gods for that game mode" and some gods kit's enable them to be just beastly in specific game modes. See Bakasura in 1v1's for example. That being said, if you want to separate casual game modes between competitive, then you need to request casual queues and ranked queues. According to the rules themselves, there really isn't a "Casual" queue.
    Yeah, this is pretty much my main problem with the complaints

People say it's gonna establish "a meta", but the fact of the matter is that there's gonna be a meta regardless.
    ▲▲▼▼◄►◄► B A SELECT START

Junior Member Cupidhead MuffinWagon's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahaele View Post
    Yeah, this is pretty much my main problem with the complaints

People say it's gonna establish "a meta", but the fact of the matter is that there's gonna be a meta regardless.
    I've noticed people throw around the word meta without knowing what it means, which invalidates a lot of their arguments
    Last edited by MuffinWagon; 05-28-2014 at 03:08 AM.

Senior Member Honoured Sasquatchias's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I don't care about the "meta" or whatever of a mode, I just prefer playing 5v5 in Siege. I understand some people would prefer 4v4, but just as many, if not more people prefer 5v5.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    5v5 Siege is the most fun I've ever had in this game. It combined the fun and duration of arena with the laning of conquest. To change it from 5v5 to 4v4 will make it much less fun as the role of the roamer creates a dynamic gameplay environment. 4v4 would also encourage turtling and stale gameplay as rotations would not be as essential. So far 5v5 Siege has been well-received and I see no reason to fix what isn't broken just because of 1 player's thoughts. If you want to do 4v4 Tourneys, fine. Do them. But don't ruin it for everyone else.