Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Why 5v5 Siege is bad, and why 4v4 is the future.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyokins View Post

4v4 doesn't promote strong 2v2 play, it promotes stale laning and a boring game compared to the exciting and action-packed 5v5 map. The 5th person enforces ganks, enforces surprises, enforces excitement and keeps the game active from start to finish which is the amazing thing about this map. You can complete your build and barely have a laning phase at all compared to Conquest. You go straight into the teamfights, the action, the fun and the surprises with fights that can quickly become crucial. The whole idea is that you don't need to sacrifice anything to gank or to move or to surprise other players, but that you CAN do those things freely and without concern which is what makes the game mode so much fun and so enjoyable to play.

So to sum up: 5v5 is vastly superior to 4v4. You shouldn't be rewarded for sitting in lane and farming while having stale laning phases.
    You are literally playing a different game than me. 4v4 lanes are constant action from when you first enter the lane, and if not, action starts the second someone hits 5. The only time the laning phase is stale and boring is if you're against an AO, because 99.99% of AO players afk at their tower and press 3 to clear the wave and never engage in fights.

There is no stale farming laning phase, the laning phase is a constant 2v2, minion waves are cleared out nearly instantly by any decent level 4+ duo god combo, which means constant poking and engagements. You are never rewarded for sitting in lane and farming, you are rewarded for rotating when a siege spawns and trying to secure kills in your lane, which happens at level 5 at the latest, which is like 1 minute 30 seconds into the game. 4v4 ends quicker, has more team fights, and less farming than 5v5. 4v4 is CONSTANT action, exactly what you want, but is better balanced than 5v5.

I don't understand, how are people agreeing with you? Do you guys play on some private server with a different patch enabled? Your opinions are literally the complete opposite of what happens in game. You are literally playing a different game than exists.

STOP IT.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiaru View Post
    You are literally playing a different game than me. 4v4 lanes are constant action from when you first enter the lane, and if not, action starts the second someone hits 5. The only time the laning phase is stale and boring is if you're against an AO, because 99.99% of AO players afk at their tower and press 3 to clear the wave and never engage in fights.

There is no stale farming laning phase, the laning phase is a constant 2v2, minion waves are cleared out nearly instantly by any decent level 4+ duo god combo, which means constant poking and engagements. You are never rewarded for sitting in lane and farming, you are rewarded for rotating when a siege spawns and trying to secure kills in your lane, which happens at level 5 at the latest, which is like 1 minute 30 seconds into the game. 4v4 ends quicker, has more team fights, and less farming than 5v5. 4v4 is CONSTANT action, exactly what you want, but is better balanced than 5v5.

I don't understand, how are people agreeing with you? Do you guys play on some private server with a different patch enabled? Your opinions are literally the complete opposite of what happens in game. You are literally playing a different game than exists.

STOP IT.
    Somebody is playing a different game, that's for sure. You prefer 4v4 over 5v5, fair enough.
    Fun and Heart

IGN:arka222
    My Vulcan Guide:http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide...e-of-grit-4029
    Our clan site: www.smitefire.com (SMFG)

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The things i found great about the 5 v 5 compare to 4 v 4
    1: faster games, 13 mins or less and some games was done under 10 mins
    2: the 5th man , he help clear the jungle and gank
    3: teamfights, had more team fights which can turn a match around for the team that wins
    4: No meta, you can play every god here
    An just because of those few things i like the 5v5 better over the 4v4 . If they came out with a new map thats smaller for 4v4 then thats cool but this map is not a 4v4

Member Follower
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    4v4 ... is better balanced than 5v5.
    the number of players on each team has nothing to do with balance unless one team has more players than the other.

Junior Member Cupidhead Sorithal's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:

STOP IT.
    Or people have different experiences and opinions that aren't your own. I don't really understand how you haven't had matches that end up being stagnant and susceptible to uncontrollable snowballing.

4v4 is predictable and becomes a tug-of-war like Joust. When one team wins lane it's hard to stop them from snowballing out of control.

5v5 is less predictable because you have someone who can constantly roam while keeping the lanes 2v2. The roamer can be anyone on the team at any given point. Also 5v5 allows crazier stunts, like sneaking the Silver Fury (compared to only grabbing it when you win a teamfight or when the enemy team has 0 sense of basic map awareness) and split-pushing during a teamfight.

In general, 5v5 is what Siege was originally supposed to be like - a mix between Conquest and Arena. It has all the basic elements of Conquest, but is shorter, less structured, and more chaotic like Arena. 4v4 feels more like a mix between Joust and Conquest.

4v4 is really only being pushed for because of its competitive value, which IMO kind of kills the point of Siege being aimed at more of a casual experience.

Junior Member Cupidhead TheAllbrother's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    4v4 is not the future, it's conquest lite. Which is BAD
    Please, meta drones, you have conquest. Let us have fun

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by AKBAAR View Post
    WHAT EVER dmbrandon stop ruining the game
    bring back 5v5 siege mode now! my weekend ruined
    How do I upvote this? Stick to casting, DM
    Last edited by TheAllbrother; 06-25-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Sythan's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by AKBAAR View Post
    WHAT EVER dmbrandon stop ruining the game
    bring back 5v5 siege mode now! my weekend ruined
    He cant help it,feeling left out that all the pros he once played with are in competitive teams right now. The only satisfaction he gets is by tryharding 3v3 and joining conquest as a 3man party to make things "competitive".
    Seriously wish ppl would stop listening to his damn Tier list and all the competitive arguments he has. If I wanted to play a competitive mode I'd play ranked not siege.

Junior Member Cupidhead fallen40000's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    wait there was a 5v5 siege? lol I like it being 4v4 but it can be 5v5 with a jungler on each team tbh... And get siege on league!
    ~Imagine awesome signature here!~
    ~ Smite Improvement Suggestions ~