Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bring back the old Joust as another game mode

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Bring back the old Joust as another game mode

Greetings!

As the title states, i miss the old 3v3. I really do.
    Is there a possibility to get it back? But as another game mode? For real! That map was really cosy and fun!
    Trust is like a mirror. You can fix it, but you will forever see the scars.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,493
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    The old joust map was both graphically outdated and very, very flawed. The jungle was minute, there was no strategy in positioning due to the small lanes and lack of any truly invadable jungle. Like it or not, that map is gone for the better.
    Despite all appearances, I am not, in fact,
    an onion.

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,345
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    It's got the same chances as Domination has of coming back.
    I'm maining Hel in Conquest exclusively because I want to live a hard life.

Don't listen to me unless on days when I drink coffee. I'm a retard when my brain isn't chugging.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    It's got the same chances as Domination has of coming back.
    Probably less, even.

(Hopefully)
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
    -Harlan Ellison
    Ne Zha Skins:
    SMITE Burger
    Cabin Boy (Image)
    Hockey (Image)

Delete Acid Spray

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    Why not have this map, its still sitting there coded.

If you don't want to play the map, don't play the map, those that liked it still can.

I don't see the problem unless you are a raging control freak that thinks everything in smite should be 100% the way you feel and think it should be.

Oh wait, that actually is a good chunk of the smite population.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 896
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    I wouldn't mind if they brought it back for a little.

I.e: Throwback Tuesday/Thursday.

I gather for Dominion it was retired simply because not near enough people played it, and nobody likes hour long queues. Having it on only one day a week, may boost interest in it.

Or it might not.

Could always cycle them in as MOTD's.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyxia View Post
    I gather for Dominion it was retired simply because not near enough people played it, and nobody likes hour long queues. Having it on only one day a week, may boost interest in it.
    I don't know if you mean LoL's Dominion or Smite's Domination, LoL's gamemode obviously being trashed for no players, but Domination in Smite had even more problems. No players, players that did play didn't play it correctly, and what the real reason a lot of HiRez employees say was the real problem was a huge bug that would crash your game, no matter what gamemode you were in, which was apparently caused by Domination.

They also tried putting Domination in the MoTD (which has recently turned to just Omnipotence for every map, I mean come on HiRez, where's the 10 Poseidon or 10 Arachne games?), but the same problems arose, so they took it out.

If anything, I'd say that old Joust will stay trashed for the sole reason that HiRez doesn't like going back on decisions they make. If not only that, the map is outdated and just boring. 90% of the time it was sit under tower and farm simulator. I shouldn't win the first 10 minutes by a landslide then get beat out by a team that farmed for 20 minutes with no contestation.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
    -Harlan Ellison
    Ne Zha Skins:
    SMITE Burger
    Cabin Boy (Image)
    Hockey (Image)

Delete Acid Spray

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyxia View Post
    I wouldn't mind if they brought it back for a little.

I.e: Throwback Tuesday/Thursday.

Or it might not.

Could always cycle them in as MOTD's.
    Normal isn't the only game mode on smite. Plenty of people play co - op. They are the quiet majority but since que times in normal are usally triple or more the que times in co-op, I would say if not the majority they at least make up half of the people playing most times.

Que times for this map never exceeded one minute and never added a bot to your team like clash or conquest does if you get up near the one minute mark.

I don't see the logic in removing the map entirely if people enjoyed playing it and que times were low. Is it really the end of the world to have two 3 v 3 maps in circulation?

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    From HiRez's perspective, offering the old Joust map as an alternative introduces additional burdens that may be difficult to fully comprehend from the users' end.

Consider that an additional game mode is essentially an additional service which must be covered by the company; this requires resources (allocating computing power - even if it's a 'measly, outdated, small-scale' 3v3 -, monitoring uptime, consumption, any any additional issues which may occur unexpectedly, customer support which must abide to service level agreements, capacity management - don't forget all your games are being recorded...that's all data which has to be stored somewhere -, release and deployment once more - which in itself may prove not to be feasible -, and other operational costs that have to be considered).

Providing the old 3v3 map is most probably not worth the overhead it would incur, considering that they have spent so much effort in a new version. It's more complex than simply just leaving a mode in rotation just for kicks.

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    The reason we can't have old Joust back is because it was genuinely flawed and looked terrible. Also, PonPon has stated that adding new game modes is going to divide the playerbase further, which will really only add to queue times. That's something nobody wants.