Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chang'e, what next?

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Chang'e, what next?

Hi, Chang'e player since release here. I've seen some discussion about the overall dissatisfaction with Chang'e from both a kit design and balance perspective. I've seen discussions on winrate, lack of competitive viability, Lack of identity, you name it.

However; I think it's important to understand that as she is now, Chang'e does not encourage players to try her. Why? A couple reasons;
    Lack of a proper identity:
    I think this isn't the most important issue persay, but I think it should be addressed from a very frank perspective. towards the end of season 2/beginning of season 3, mages in the solo lane were often put far behind in lane from the beginning, and did not provide any pressure or power for a team until the much later stages of the game. (Hel falls into this boat, too, as does Aphrodite depending on the meta.) Chang'e's strengths come from group fighting, maneuvering away from skillshots and providing a big ult in a fight. While none of this is necessarily unhealthy design, it begs the question of how a chang'e will reach that point, and just how useful she'll be. After the infamously lengthy list of nerfs to her utility and support aspects, Chang'e eventually found a spot as a niche solo pick against high sustain or group heavy teams after being given damage on MFL and a buff to her antiheal. consequently, she was rebalanced to play around the solo role.

Winrate: This is probably one of the touchier subjects, as it would recommend that Chang'e performs well on average, and even as far as being A-A+ in almost every tierlist based on winrate. But why? Because Chang'e mains and longtime players haven't stopped playing her. I said earlier that Chang'e's kit doesn't encourage new players. This is because of A. Her niche role as a sustained damage mage/healer/teamfigher. and B. Her (quite frankly, and this is just my opinion, MASSIVE skill ceiling.)

Some of the only things I'd like to see for chang'e are things that have been taken away. namely two things;

The old arc function of CMD
    and MLW lasting 2 seconds as on release or a cleaner, clearer animation.

Personally, I don't think chang'e needs a rekit, but I feel as if she needs some of her original ideas put back into play.

What do you think should "Chang'e?" I'm curious as to what you guys think.
    Go back home, bub, And tell them to send me a worthy opponent!

Senior Member Prestigious AcidTheWarlock's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 890
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter
    I don't even know her actual purpose. Slippery sustain mage? Support/damage? Mobile midlaner? WTF is a Chang'e?!
    BANANANANANANANANANANANAAAAAAA

ACIDTHEWARLOOOOOOCK

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidTheWarlock View Post
    I don't even know her actual purpose. Slippery sustain mage? Support/damage? Mobile midlaner? WTF is a Chang'e?!
    This is actually the first thing that popped into my mind when I realized how different she was after her string of changes over the course of a few weeks.

Initially, chang'e was supposed to be a support mage that operated by staying mobile, roaming, and buying items so as to not have to go back. after metashifts proved to be devastating to her playstyle and method of success, she fell out of favor in the duo lane and was given damage on her three so as to "shove" her into a new role; Solo.
    Go back home, bub, And tell them to send me a worthy opponent!

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 771
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    She's a silent but deadly killer. A force to be reckoned with. A SOLO LANE PLEB STOMPER. A FORCE THAT CAN'T BE STOPPED AN UNKILLABLE BURST MAGE AN OVERSEXUALIZED DANCER WITH A RABBIT THAT SPEAKS FOR HER

But no. Seriously. I don't know what she is. It all depends on who's playing her. I play her as a zoner, you get too close, I'm going to dance on your grave.
    Need some heals?

Chang'e Hel
    Ra Aphrodite

Need a jungle?
    Fenrir Ao Kuang
    Serquet Thor

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    I don't think she needs a full rekit, but she is a tanky solo laner. Oriented for poking and not for just killing.

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    She's an unviable conq mage for anything remotely competitive, fun trollgod in casuals.

Great arena god though, people still think ares is good so ez escape from his ult.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    She is not unviable by any means. She is just uncommon.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 771
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalessa View Post
    She's an unviable conq mage for anything remotely competitive, fun trollgod in casuals.

Great arena god though, people still think ares is good so ez escape from his ult.
    Unviable you say? Her ult is good in teamfights giving up to a 5 seconds stun, her passive allows for good chase, her 2 prevents all damage and cc for a good second or so, her 1 has decent range and can pass through walls meaning killing enemies is a breeze, and her 3 is an alright team heal and healing debuff.

She rarely gets stuck in the middle of a fight because she'll be juking everything that's thrown at her. She seems pretty viable to me.

P.S. Diamond Chang'e with a pretty good track record. I know how to dance with her.
    Need some heals?

Chang'e Hel
    Ra Aphrodite

Need a jungle?
    Fenrir Ao Kuang
    Serquet Thor

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Can't midlane, can't sololane, can't duolane in anything remotely competitive cause she gets shit on.

In casuals she's fien because you fight random blind pick shitters that barely know what to do.

Even rat is viable in casuals, but noone cares because it's casuals.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Senior Member Infamous TheLethalCorgi's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,262
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    All she needs is a base health increase and small heal buff
    Last edited by TheLethalCorgi; 03-24-2016 at 08:57 PM.