Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Where's Awilix?

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Remiinisce View Post
    As for Awilix, she isn't as face-roll-ez-mode like the other assassins you mentioned
    Everyone in every game thinks the same about their own fauv character to play.
    Bastet's best combo involves her pouncing in then spamming her abilities then leaping out.
    JustRotationThings.

Nah, better for me.
    ╰( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )つ──☆・゚
    You've been spooked by Fairy Lenny. Quick! Make a wish.

Mine was "balance" in this game. : ^)

New Member Cupidhead Remiinisce's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Quote Originally Posted by StickBastet View Post
    Everyone in every game thinks the same about their own fauv character to play.

JustRotationThings.

Nah, better for me.
    I don't even think I have to argue with you that Awilix is indeed one of the more complex assassins to play.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead tonberri's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    First, I always go red pot start with Awilix.
    I never build transcendence on her because my MID is usually stacking their Orb or Sash or Book so I don't want to get them behind.

--

My core items on her are; Warrior Tabi > Jotuuns > BoV
    Reason: This gives me MS to keep up while off of Suku / Penetration / Max CDR% / Mana to sustain / Phy Protections against minions and most likely their jungler/adc/solo.

----

Other items that are really strong and usually built on her would be;
    --
    Offensive: Ichival (Cheap and used to outbox Hunters) / Titans Bane (Penetration duh) / Qins Sais (If their frontline is causing too much trouble) / Stone Cutting Sword (vs Physical Defense heavy builds) / Executioner (It was nerfed but the AS and debuff is still strong- imo).
    ----
    Defensively: Bulwork / Magis Blessing (If there is a lot of CC) / Spirit Robe (vs Loki) / Winged Blade (mainly for Ah Puch & Poseidon but a lot of other gods have slows as well).
    --

Misc Items: I never build Shifter on her. I play Xbox so right now Masamune is not buffed so I don't build this either unless vs. builds with a lot of health in the front line. ASI just never really felt good on her. The AS is great, the life steal is lackluster but could potential save your ass. Transcendence, never. I personally choose AS/Penetration over Crits so Malice/DeathBringer/Rage I rarely build on her but this is just my play style. I belive she is better built bruiser rather than glass cannon because with her iframes on her feather step she can last a long time in a fight and the extra def/hp can help as well. You could take advantage of her passive and go full power but the moment you are focused, you are dead.
    --
    Relics- completely dependent on enemy team comp. What I usually do is the red pot+weakening curse start (I know, I am that guy ) and invade the enemy blue. Hardly ever do I not get the kill and if I don't get the kill I at least steal their blue for my Solo. I think blink is a luxury relic on her but not always needed. Beads is almost a guaranteed or Sanctuary if I feel like they have more burst than CC. It's really hard to tell you what relics to get because it all depends on the enemy team comp and your play style.

--

The one thing I want to emphasize on is that Awilix takes a lot of understanding of her kill potential. There are not a lot of mid/jungle comps that could contest a red pot Awilix in mid if she leaps on them. Basically, if you get to lane first and 1/2 the wave is cleared I always leap on them, auto, feather step for AOE which hits both of them or finishes the wave and then with my autos & my mids poke we always win lane. This forces them to into tower to heal and we can take mid harpies or their jungle for free. Her feather step damage early game will half health most mid/junglers but don't just be jumping all willy nilly because she can die just as fast as she can kill. The more situations you experience the more you are aware of kill potentials. As bad as Arena is for assassins I do suggest spending some time in there and getting familiar with her damage spikes and get better at fighting with her.

Thanks for the detailed reply man, I'll definitely be trying some of the things there in my next games.

I'm actually only 3 months old to this game and have taken a great liking to some of the gods which require some degree of skill because they have beautiful skill synchronization.

I've been a DotA player for the past 5-6 years which is a much more challenging game so personally I don't think any god is particularly hard to play but yes - Awilix is definitely up there if you want to compare, along with maybe Ullr?

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,066
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by tonberri View Post
    Thanks for the detailed reply man, I'll definitely be trying some of the things there in my next games.

I'm actually only 3 months old to this game and have taken a great liking to some of the gods which require some degree of skill because they have beautiful skill synchronization.

I've been a DotA player for the past 5-6 years which is a much more challenging game so personally I don't think any god is particularly hard to play but yes - Awilix is definitely up there if you want to compare, along with maybe Ullr?
    I dont think ullr is that hard.

Awilix requires a good ping to play. Just so you know.

Once you go wasd there is no way to go back to left click. Or maybe there is.. But not for me.