Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Raijin needs nerf he can insta kill with his teleport....

Member Follower hydrogeneration's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 887
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Veteran 5000 Experience Points

Raijin needs nerf he can insta kill with his teleport....

happened to me in joust wtf?
    after that he insta killed loki with 1 shot from his ult...
    yeah REALLY BALANCED HIREZZ really balanced

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Git gud.

Raijin deals buttloads of damage, but he's not overpowered.

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorFace View Post
    Git gud.

Raijin deals buttloads of damage, but he's not overpowered.
    This.

Yes, Raijin CAN deal a lot of damage on paper, but he also needs to use his escape in order to do so. He's more of a pusher mage, and if he pushes too hard, he can and WILL be punished for it, as he has no hard CC outside of his ultimate to help in his escapes
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    http://www.smitegame.com/raijin-dev-insights/

What do you expect Raijin to bring to a team?

Raijin is a mage, and can be reasonably assigned to either the middle or solo lane. His escape makes him somewhat more forgiving than a lot of other mages. And what he lacks in traditional mage burst damage, he makes up for control and team-fight contribution.
    Hmmmmmmmm

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post
    Yeah, when I first read that dev insights, I was like, "Nope. That's a complete lie."

Senior Member Chosen Drago55577's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicWinnar View Post
    This.

Yes, Raijin CAN deal a lot of damage on paper, but he also needs to use his escape in order to do so. He's more of a pusher mage, and if he pushes too hard, he can and WILL be punished for it, as he has no hard CC outside of his ultimate to help in his escapes
    I am sorry, but what? He does not need to use his dash in order to do so, he just uses his 1. Do you know how much damage his 2 deals? The 2-1 combo can instakill any non-tank. As for the ult, it has 200% scaling. Just for reference, Scylla has a much harder to hit ult that only has 120% scaling, Every other mage has decently hard to hit ults (Or at least, not easy), that don't do as much damage. Raijin can just drop an utter fuckton of damage in your face and there is nothing you can do about it. It's not even hard to hit.

He may be a pusher mage, but he is also a burst mage. His only counter being Nox, because Nox is the anti-everything. He also doesn't get punished, he just jumps away with that stupid ass escape of his.

He doesn't just deal a lot of damage on paper, he deals a lot of damage in practice. Prepare to be utterly raped by anyone who can play Raijin well.
    Aim high. One day I will be HirezPonPon, I will wear his skin. Or you know, just be a moderator.
    A pretty amazing skin idea, SAW Scylla. Quite literally the best MOTD, Mayhem
    My Nox Rework, Anubis Rework, Nu Wa Orbital Terror, Hell Ymir Satori Komeiji is my waifu.
    When can we put gifs in our signature? http://puu.sh/jNNd9.gif
    Mode idea thread!

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago55577 View Post
    I am sorry, but what? He does not need to use his dash in order to do so, he just uses his 1. Do you know how much damage his 2 deals? The 2-1 combo can instakill any non-tank. As for the ult, it has 200% scaling. Just for reference, Scylla has a much harder to hit ult that only has 120% scaling, Every other mage has decently hard to hit ults (Or at least, not easy), that don't do as much damage. Raijin can just drop an utter fuckton of damage in your face and there is nothing you can do about it. It's not even hard to hit.

He may be a pusher mage, but he is also a burst mage. His only counter being Nox, because Nox is the anti-everything. He also doesn't get punished, he just jumps away with that stupid ass escape of his.

He doesn't just deal a lot of damage on paper, he deals a lot of damage in practice. Prepare to be utterly raped by anyone who can play Raijin well.
    Condescension does not become you.

Also, Nox HARDLY counters EVERYTHING. She's just an annoying Scylla with a better early game.

Back on topic, his damage is also quite difficult to confirm, because in order to get maximum burst, he needs to:

1: Land Raiju, which is a deceptively small ground target.

2: Land all 3 shots of his 1, which are fairly easy to juke.
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

Achievements:

His 2 + 1 cannot insta-kill anything, unless you hit with all hits of the 1 and you have a Soul Reaver proc (and hitting with all hits of the 1 is hardly "instant"). His 2 + 3 can burst down squishy targets pretty hard, but again, without Soul Reaver, it just doesn't do the damage to insta-kill, and even then, only on opponents who are lower level.

His ult is capable of dealing tons of damage, but hitting with all 4 hits (a trend with this character) requires your opponent to be stun-locked for 4+ seconds or to be brain-dead. If you use the taunt part of his ult, you can make it easier to confirm the damage, but you sacrifice a significant portion of the damage (assuming you hit a "perfect" 2, 2, 1, you can deal 780+150% damage, which is a ton, but hitting the last hit perfectly in the middle to get both blasts to hit a single target at a range is pretty clinch).

Like you said, it's not hard to hit with each ability... once. Hitting with the full drum sets takes careful aim, timing, and an opponent who isn't paying attention to you. During the time you're sitting there trying to snipe them, you should be getting bullied by a tank or assassin if your team is decent.
    Last edited by SuperiorFace; 03-16-2016 at 02:16 AM.

Senior Member Chosen Drago55577's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicWinnar View Post
    Condescension does not become you.

Also, Nox HARDLY counters EVERYTHING. She's just an annoying Scylla with a better early game.

Back on topic, his damage is also quite difficult to confirm, because in order to get maximum burst, he needs to:

1: Land Raiju, which is a deceptively small ground target.

2: Land all 3 shots of his 1, which are fairly easy to juke.
    Landing Raiju is a tiny bit harder than landing Hou Yi's mark, i.e, you're going to do it unless you're shit, or it's at max range (Does not apply to Hou Yi). As for landing all shots of your 1, it's not needed. Only one hit is required, and 9 times out of 10 you will land at least one of those.

Also please, Nox has an instant silence and a root that's easy to land. Sure, you can miss it, but it's not that​ hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorFace View Post
    His 2 + 1 cannot insta-kill anything, unless you hit with all hits of the 1 and you have a Soul Reaver proc (and hitting with all hits of the 1 is hardly "instant"). His 2 + 3 can burst down squishy targets pretty hard, but again, without Soul Reaver, it just doesn't do the damage to insta-kill, and even then, only on opponents who are lower level.

His ult is capable of dealing tons of damage, but hitting with all 4 hits (a trend with this character) requires your opponent to be stun-locked for 4+ seconds or to be brain-dead. If you use the taunt part of his ult, you can make it easier to confirm the damage, but you sacrifice a significant portion of the damage (assuming you hit a "perfect" 2, 2, 1, you can deal 780+150% damage, which is a ton, but hitting the last hit perfectly in the middle to get both blasts to hit a single target at a range is pretty clinch).
    Maybe I've been playing the wrong Raijin. I have no idea what this not-instakilling and hard to hit ult is, maybe I just don't notice because I also build polynomicon on him, so they're going to be dead anyway.

EDIT: As for OP, teleport is fine just remove the stupid mez.
    Last edited by Drago55577; 03-16-2016 at 02:26 AM.
    Aim high. One day I will be HirezPonPon, I will wear his skin. Or you know, just be a moderator.
    A pretty amazing skin idea, SAW Scylla. Quite literally the best MOTD, Mayhem
    My Nox Rework, Anubis Rework, Nu Wa Orbital Terror, Hell Ymir Satori Komeiji is my waifu.
    When can we put gifs in our signature? http://puu.sh/jNNd9.gif
    Mode idea thread!

Achievements:
    Landing Raiju is a tiny bit harder than landing Hou Yi's mark, i.e, you're going to do it unless you're shit, or it's at max range (Does not apply to Hou Yi). As for landing all shots of your 1, it's not needed. Only one hit is required, and 9 times out of 10 you will land at least one of those.

Also please, Nox has an instant silence and a root that's easy to land. Sure, you can miss it, but it's not that​ hard to hit.

Maybe I've been playing the wrong Raijin. I have no idea what this not-instakilling and hard to hit ult is, maybe I just don't notice because I also build polynomicon on him, so they're going to be dead anyway.

EDIT: As for OP, teleport is fine just remove the stupid mez.
    I'd be interested in seeing your videos of "insta-killing". :P Hitting a full kit and killing an opponent is one thing--almost all mages can do that--but Raijin's kills are relatively slow in comparison to, for example, Whirlpool + Kraken + Tidal Surge. It's one thing to pub-stomp plebs. Players who can dodge and react significantly reduce Raijin's impact.