Thread: Minor Forum COC update : L2P comments/Calling ideas stupid

Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger

Minor Forum COC update : L2P comments/Calling ideas stupid

So for the last few months, this has been called out a few times to the mods, but today it hit a point that we addressed it properly.

For most of you, you've seen threads by new posters (And sometimes even long time posters) where members of our community will say "That idea is stupid" or "This is a L2P [Learn To Play] Issue". Mostly, we've been letting these comments go, because they're not attacking the player in question, only showing that members opinion. There's a big difference between saying "That's stupid" and "You're stupid". The first is simply an opinion, the latter is an insult.

As a whole, we've seen many of these ranting style posts. The majority of them actually get merged into the rant thread by the mods to keep the forums less congested. But sometimes we get some great discussions out of these. As a community, and as a player myself, I think we've all fallen into the idea of seeing these kinds of posts too often, and simply writing them off with a flippant reply. This leads to an overall rise in negativity, and simply makes everyone part of this community look worse for it.

As of today, we're going to change this.

You are not allowed to simply say "That's stupid" or "L2P". We will treat this as spam from now on, and the response will be dealt with as necessary by the mod team as it's unproductive to discussion.

You are allowed to call someones ideas stupid if you back it up with a more detailed thought. "That's a stupid idea because "insert reasons".

You are allowed to say its a "L2P issue" so long as you explain why it's an inexperience issue.

Simply put, if you don't want to give a detailed reason why something is stupid or L2P, it will be treated as spam.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    So that doesn't mean we can't say it?
    Because if so..
    That's a stupid idea.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,501
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    In b4 "Thats a stupid idea because it's stupid."

It's an okay idea though.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Senior Member Prestigious xVIPx Superb's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 970
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    I read "Minor Forum Clash of Clan Update"

New rule is fair in my eyes.
    Hello! I'm the Tom Hiddleston of the forums!

BestLokiWW

Quote Originally Posted by TheLethalCorgi View Post
    Salt leads to anger
    Anger leads to hate
    Hate leads to suffering

Superb™ Gaming

Yes I have trademarked the word "superb", fight me mods.

Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallamueu View Post
    So that doesn't mean we can't say it?
    Because if so..
    That's a stupid idea.
    You can call something stupid as long as you want so long as you provide a reason. It's that simple.

Your post falls under the spam area because there's no reasons other than simply saying it
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KingScuba View Post
    You can call something stupid as long as you want so long as you provide a reason. It's that simple.

Your post falls under the spam area because there's no reasons other than simply saying it
    Thank you for informing me and giving me better knowledge :3

On another note, you said you're marking my post as Spam. Please, tell me what that does again.
    I honestly don't care, mark away. Be sure to draw a smiley face for that extra positivity!
    Just know, that what I was getting at was that anything that takes away the freedom of speech or the right to an opinion, is stupid. Simple as that. That's my reasoning.
    If this does take effect and people aren't allowed to say anything that the mods don't like or opinions that the mods don't like. You better believe I'd say those things.
    I'd rather be banned than be unable to have my rights.
    People's. Opinions. Matter.