Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can Nox get her old Ult back?

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    God no. That old ultimate of hers was so ridiculous.
    in what way?

http://imgur.com/QqylU8a
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Senior Member Honoured DarthWarrax's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Please no, that ult was total garbage, as well as her entire old kit. Please stop talking about Nox' old kit, it's the worst kit ever released on Smite, even more so when you know she is a squishy mage. All that kit did was weak damage with no survivability, no mobility, weak control and anti-synergy. Her ult was doing less damage than other mage ults, even if the target was spamming abilities. That kit would be still worse now, knowing the S3 meta leaves no place for mages with no mobility. Not to mention that kit was totally unimaginative and boring. You can say all you want about her current kit lacking originality, her old one was still worse.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    You clearly had no idea how to play Nox.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,505
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I fucking loved Nox's old kit. She could virtually ignore heavy burst with her shield and possibly stand her own against Awilix if she had remained up until now, and she could shut down a mage with such relative ease. Loved it when her old ult didn't have a startup so I could easily destroy anyone right after using the combo.

Current Nox is just a watered-down version of Scylla with damage that needs to be confirmed with 1 and a horrible passive.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Alright, I just took a look at her original kit, and while my initial impression was "Wow, this sucks, you can just survive the ult by not using abilities," it actually sounds fine. I don't really get how nobody could work their head around this kit. I'd like to see it return on a new god. Actually, no, she's too much like Scylla now. Junk what we have and bring back old Nox.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured Boomerangbro's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I didn't mention it in the original post, but I am a level X Nox main. I mained her ever since she got her first buffs. I absolutely loved her old kit, but I can do decent work with her new kit as well.

My complaint with this new kit though, is that her old is just a "chuck it in and run" playstyle. It's too much like 'Release the Kraken' for my liking. Huge AOE impact ult that requires no skill to hit. Like I said, you chuck it into the middle and let the AOE do the rest.

Plus, it has this weird defense mechanism tacked onto it that makes NO sense at ALL. Like, who is going to use this ult in defense? Like, you are getting ganked and your first instinct is to throw your ult? NTY! Her old ult offered nice control and tempo that could be used at the start of fights, or at the end of ones. It could be used to pick people off while micro managing others.

Her playstyle is that of a control mage, not an aoe burst mage.

BUT BOOM! Her old ult won't work with her new kit! This is where my idea comes in.

Shadow Lock: Now does damage to minions. Channeled ability. Silences the first enemy god hit.

Siphon Darkness: Delayed Explosion. AOE. Enemies caught in the explosion are now rooted for 1 second.

Night Terror: Old ult.

Boom, shes fixed! You can now lay down a sweet combo. Lay down Siphon Darkness and immediately Shadow Lock them to silence them. If the enemy stays too long, they are caught by the delayed damage and are rooted for 1 second. This gives you the opportunity to properly use Night terror on the rooted god. If they try to escape using their remaining Hp, Night Terror will ensure that they will not use their escape or they will die.

This offers Nox even more counterplay. Now that her Shadow Lock is now a silence, AA based gods and now Auto her while she channels, leaving her open. Her Siphon Darkness is now a delayed root that offers counterplay by having enemies not stand in it for too land lest they be cc'd. Her old ult offers counterplay as well, as you can avoid using your abilities.

Boom, shes fun again!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    Eh, she has enough teamfight presence already.

That's because she has too much Aoe and not enough control. Get rid of her new ult and add the old one and now shes a top tier utility mage instead of a burst aoe teamfight mage.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    God no. That old ultimate of hers was so ridiculous.
    In what way, was a choice-silence ridiculous?

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Alright, I just took a look at her original kit, and while my initial impression was "Wow, this sucks, you can just survive the ult by not using abilities," it actually sounds fine. I don't really get how nobody could work their head around this kit. I'd like to see it return on a new god. Actually, no, she's too much like Scylla now. Junk what we have and bring back old Nox.
    She'd be unviable in her old state.

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    They tried that. She was either broke or she sucked, because she was either a ranged version of He Bo or she wasn't.
    So.....where's the He Bo rework then?
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu