Thread: Anubis Guardian Rework

Senior Member Chosen Drago55577's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points

Lightbulb Anubis Guardian Rework

EDIT: Don't forget the sweet reps if you like the ideas. Thanks fams.
    I don't even know. It was just... a thought.
    Thoughts, suggestions, is this completely off the wall?

I'm not really sure what to do with his third ability, but I want it to somehow tie in with how Anubis was a protector of tombs and graves. I have a pretty out there idea for it right now, but you know. Any replacements are definitely appreciated.

Aside from that, the goal for this was to keep the things that Anubis has iconic, i.e being incredibly immobile, while having a lot of something that makes him unique. So, I changed him up so that he has a lot of utility, while having very little in the way of damage. As for the ultimate, I wanted to base it off the whole Egyptian locust plagues, as with his Plague of Locusts, it's something iconic to him. Also, as it's a global ult, it definitely couldn't be too strong, but if it was too weak, it would be useless. So, that's why the weird mechanic is there.

Base stats: at some point

Passive: Guardian of the Scales
    Anubis judges those around him. For every enemy near Anubis, the scales tip in his favour by 1, to a maximum of 5. (In non-conquest game modes such as joust, each enemy would increase it by 1/3), decreasing his friendly utility, but increasing his offensive utility. (For example, with the ultimate, at 0 passive stacks the first debuff would be in full effect, at 5, the second would. at 3/5, the second debuff would be at a 3 fifths of total strength, while the first would be at 2 fifths.)

Ability 1: Soul Guide (AOE)

Anubis guides the souls of his enemies into the Underworld, and weighs their hearts against Ma'at. They are dealt damage and debuffed, based on Anubis' health missing. At full passive stacks, only the debuff scales. At no stacks, only the damage scales.
    Damage: 50/80/110/140/170 (+40% of magical power, and +5% damage per 10% of missing health)
    Slow: 20% (+1% flat per 5% of missing health, up to a maximum of 35%)
    Slow Duration: 2/2.2/2.4/2.6/2.8 seconds
    Mana cost: 60
    Cooldown: 12 seconds

Ability 2: Embalmer (Cone)

For 1s, Anubis ignores 10% of damage after mitigation and stores it. After that time expires, all enemies within a short ranged cone are mummified, and a debuff that scales off stored damage is applied.
    Stun Duration 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5
    Debuff at 0 Passive: Enemies take 10/10/10/15/20% increased damage after mitigation
    Debuff at 5 Passive: For a minimum of .5, and a maximum of 2 seconds after the stun wears off, any soft CC casted by affected enemies has it's duration reduced by a minimum of 10%, and a maximum of 40%.

Ability 3: Protector of Tombs

After a 3 second delay, Anubis roots himself in place, and places his protection over allies. If allies were to take lethal damage, the unmitigated damage is transferred to Anubis, who takes it as true damage.
    Mana cost: 100/200/300/400/400 mana per second.
    Cooldown: 60 seconds

Ultimate: Divine Judgement (Global)

The wrath of Anubis falls upon the map, and all enemy gods are attacked by a swarm of locusts for 2 seconds each. Each swarm within contact with another increases the duration of those swarms by 1s, up to a maximum of 7s if all swarms are nearby. Debuffs are applied to all enemy gods affected. The map is also covered in the sands of Egypt, slowing enemies by 20%, and allies by 10%.
    Cooldown: 130/125/120/115/110
    Damage per .2 seconds: 7/11/14/17/20

Debuff at 0 Passive: 0%/5%/5%/10%/10% of tick damage spread to nearby allies, healing them. (i.e at max rank, 2 allies would get 5% of the ult damage in healing. The healing comes off of enemies, and not off Anubis.)
    Debuff at 5 Passive: Flat protection reduction for 1/1/1/2/2/2.5 per tick.
    Last edited by Drago55577; 03-13-2016 at 04:32 AM.
    Aim high. One day I will be HirezPonPon, I will wear his skin. Or you know, just be a moderator.
    A pretty amazing skin idea, SAW Scylla. Quite literally the best MOTD, Mayhem
    My Nox Rework, Anubis Rework, Nu Wa Orbital Terror, Hell Ymir Satori Komeiji is my waifu.
    When can we put gifs in our signature? http://puu.sh/jNNd9.gif
    Mode idea thread!

Senior Member Honoured ThePsychoBear01's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    It's cool, and the SWK treatment I've been wanting for a while.
    Also... I AM THE ONLY ONE TO HAVE A DOG HEADED PSYCHOPOMP THAT IS THE GUARDIAN CLASS!