Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Nox Rework

Senior Member Chosen Drago55577's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points

Full Nox Rework

EDIT: Similarities are completely accidental, might change things up.
    Is this the right subforum for rework suggestions? I don't imagine this is going to catch on, but I wanted to post it. I enjoyed the idea I had before going to bed, and I don't want to let it die before anyone gets to see it. Would love to hear your thoughts, though.

So anyway, Nox right now seems kinda lackluster in her whole theme. She's supposed to be darkness, she's supposed to be terrifying. (At least, I assume so.). But she just fails in this regard. So I'm suggesting this rework, to not only give her a kit that would make other players scared of her for reasons other than being a giant aoe silence, but also to have her fit into her theme more.

I also just wanted to suggest something that could possibly use hybrid damage types, and open the way for Smite to have much more varied gods. It wouldn't be like the beta, not all gods will be able to use both damage types. And with more varied gods, it makes hybrid items a necessity, giving us much more variation in items, which would compliment these new gods.

God Type: Assassin
    Damage Type: Magical, if possible, Hybrid.

Appearance: Rather than what Nox is now, Nox could probably have a much more terrifying appearance, even if not really tied into her lore, not that Hi-rez cares about actual lore when modeling gods. So think, some sort of monster, possibly some sort of fusion between a human and something terrible, with arms that lead to long, glowing claws. Something that would be terrifying, compared to gods such as Arachne.

Health: 370 (+74)
    Mana: 210 + 39
    Speed: 365
    Range: 14
    Attack Speed: 1 (+1.6)
    Damage: 38 (+1.7) (+25% of magical power, or +60% of physical power and +20% of magical power as physical damage)
    Physical Protections: 14 (+1.8)
    Magical Protections: 30 (+0)

Anything that isn't colored will be stats if just magical, and anything that's red will be stats if hybrid.

Passive: Lights Out (Multiple passives will be added, seperated by paragraph. They are meant to be choices for the sake of discussion, and are not meant to be all used at once)

A random enemy god is selected to be Nox's mark, this only affects her ultimate. While Nox is present in the game, a day night cycle begins. In the night cycle, the range Nox can be seen at is severely reduced, and she cannot be seen by wards. She starts making very loud sounds that can be heard quite the distance away.

A random enemy god is selected to be her mark. Abilities that hit this target cause Nox to gain +10% penetration, up to a maximum of 10%. At level 13 and 20, the maximum stacks increase by 1, up to a maximum of 30%. Additionally, when Nox's ultimate is at rank 5, abilities recieve additional bonuses. (The idea is to be a lategame hypercarry, while being mediocre early on, a risky god, but one that pays off.)

Passive: Slaughter in the Night (Ability 1, 2 and 3 do NOT gain bonuses with this passive.)
    As Nox gets closer to level 20, the map starts becoming darker. From level 1 to 19, the range she can be detected at reduces in small increments. At level 20, the entire map is covered in darkness, with only the full moon to guide allies and enemies. All enemies within 200 units are shown to her, and the range of her ultimate is increased from 70 units to 200 units. When she gets a kill at level 20, she screams in a frenzy, and is shown to enemies on the map for 10 seconds, while getting a movespeed bonus.

Passive: Soul Feed
    If Nox attacks a god with magical damage, she applies her Soul Feed debuff, with no stack limit. As stacks are applied, the travel time of the targets projectiles are slowed, as is the cast delay. These stacks last for 1.5 seconds each. If Nox is in proximity, the stacks last for 3 seconds each. Nox also feeds off the soul of enemies, stealing magical power permanently (Magical power is reset upon returning to the well, but Nox still keeps it). After ulting, Nox can cast her ult again, turning the magical power into a buff. This buff increases her damage and movement speed, but also increases her damage taken, and applies a self-bleed, scaling with the amount of magical power stored.

Nox may reset her passive counter by double tapping her ultimate without casting, wasting all magical power stored.

Ability 1: Nightmare

Nox throws a disk of darkness along the ground, hitting all minions. It leaves a trail of darkness that increases Nox's movespeed, and when it hits an enemy god, it marks them. This enemy god then leaves a trail half the strength of the original.
    Movespeed Bonus: 10%/15%/15%/20%/25% (+1% per 40 magical power up to a maximum of 45%)
    Damage: 60/90/120/150/180 (+60% of magical power) (+50% of physical power) as magical damage
    Duration: 2/2/2/3/3 5 at level 20

Ability 2: Rending Strike

Nox slashes in a short ranged cone infront of her (Can't hit both sides of the wave), doing damage. If cast again within 1 second, after a short delay, Nox strikes again in a longer but thinner cone. It can be cast once more, where after a slightly longer delay, Nox lashes out with her claws, applying a bleed to all enemies within a cone 1.5x the length of the first. At Ultimate rank 5, the delay for the second and third strike is halved.
    Strike Damage: 20/40/60/80/100 (+20% of magical power) (+30% of physical power) as magical
    Second Strike Damage: 30/55/80/105/130 (+30% of magical power) (+40% of physical power) as physical
    Bleed Damage: 10/15/20/25/35 (+10% of magical power, total of 30%) (+15% of magical power, for a total of 45%) as physical.
    Bleed Duration: 1.5 seconds
    The first attack would be about the cone width of Tyr 2, but it would be shorter.

Ability 3: Night Terror

Nox dashes forward, going through minions and gods, applying half damage. If Nox instead dashes towards a target marked by Nightmare, she ignores cripples that were applied after casting nightmare, hitting the target god for full damage and applying a 2s silence. At Ultimate rank 5, the target is also rooted for .5s.
    Damage: 30/60/90/120/150 (+50% of magical power) (+40% of physical power) as physical
    Silence Duration: 0.8s (+0.1s per 30 magical power)

Ultimate: Horrifying Darkness

If Nox has direct line of site to her passive mark within range, she will dash towards them while letting out a terrible scream, that can be heard across the entire map. The target will be blinded by darkness, losing all vision, lasting for 4 seconds. Nox also recieves an attack speed buff for 2 seconds, which refreshes on god kill, if it is still active. While the buff is active, Nox's basic attacks silence the target for .5s. The map is darkened for all players, as if there was a full moon. (So they can still see, it's just a cool effect)

Dash Damage: 100/150/200/250/400 (+100% of magical power)(+40% of magical power, +80% of physical power) as mixed
    Attack Speed Buff: 10%/10%/20%/20%/30% (+1% per 60 magical power)
    Range on Passive Mark: 80/100/120/140/180 units (Could be shorter, I was just guessing the size, it was supposed to be long range, but a bit longer than current nox ult?)
    Range on Other Gods: 70 units

Range with Soul Feed passive: 100 units

I personally, really like the whole idea, even if not specifically on Nox. The whole idea of a hybrid god may be out there, but I could definitely see it being a thing in the future of Smite, gods that can go either or, or be a bit or both, while not being crit ymir. Back then, it was not well thought out, and it simply didn't work.
    Last edited by Drago55577; 03-19-2016 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Adding more stuff
    Aim high. One day I will be HirezPonPon, I will wear his skin. Or you know, just be a moderator.
    A pretty amazing skin idea, SAW Scylla. Quite literally the best MOTD, Mayhem
    My Nox Rework, Anubis Rework, Nu Wa Orbital Terror, Hell Ymir Satori Komeiji is my waifu.
    When can we put gifs in our signature? http://puu.sh/jNNd9.gif
    Mode idea thread!

Senior Member Honoured LividLegends's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 682
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    I like the concept but the only issue is Hi Rez won't do hybrid gods because they have the seperate physical and magical items, some of which do the same relative thing and getting items that do such (Like Frostbound + Gem of Iso) would be little opop.

As for the skills and such, I think it's a great concept.
    Recent Concept:
    Frigg - Guardian/Mage (Read thread for more info)

Rekit/Rebalance Thread Series: Table of Contents

Achievements:
    Well as for hybrid, the idea was more that it could open the way for even more hybrid gods in the future. It wouldn't require changing of any previous gods or items, although possibly not letting Frostbound + Gem stack, but I thought only the largest slow applied anyway, guess I was wrong.
    Aim high. One day I will be HirezPonPon, I will wear his skin. Or you know, just be a moderator.
    My Nox Rework, Anubis Rework, Nu Wa Orbital Terror, Hell Ymir Satori Komeiji is my waifu.
    Mode idea thread!

Senior Member Honoured LividLegends's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 682
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago55577 View Post
    Well as for hybrid, the idea was more that it could open the way for even more hybrid gods in the future. It wouldn't require changing of any previous gods or items, although possibly not letting Frostbound + Gem stack, but I thought only the largest slow applied anyway, guess I was wrong.
    Oh you know what I had forgotten that one, I do believe the largest slow applies. But other items like beatstick and ruin would stack and cause havoc.
    Recent Concept:
    Frigg - Guardian/Mage (Read thread for more info)

Rekit/Rebalance Thread Series: Table of Contents

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LividLegends View Post
    Oh you know what I had forgotten that one, I do believe the largest slow applies. But other items like beatstick and ruin would stack and cause havoc.
    Getting off topic here, but can we just fix healers so we don't need so many god damned antiheal items?

EDIT: I'm still editing the OP, to try and tone down the strength a bit. Mostly the 2 and ult.
    Last edited by Drago55577; 03-11-2016 at 07:58 PM.
    Mode idea thread!

Achievements:
    Okay so I've changed stuff up to make it a bit more fair, particularly with nerfing the 2 and ult. I also made the damage type a bit more specific. It'd be great to hear ideas and suggestions, or at the very least anything about the mechanics of the god.
    Mode idea thread!

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 476
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    If Nox has direct line of site to her passive mark within range, she will dash towards them while letting out a terrible scream, that can be heard across the entire map. The target will be blinded by darkness, losing all vision, lasting for 4 seconds. Nox also recieves an attack speed buff for 2 seconds, which refreshes on god kill, if it is still active. While the buff is active, Nox's basic attacks silence the target for .5s. The map is darkened for all players, as if there was a full moon. (So they can still see, it's just a cool effect)
    This is badass I love it.

Also we need another mage assassin!
    Rocking the boat

King of the Piplups Chosen inferno18's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Nox is fine now. Plus I don't think Hi-Rez wants to rework the same god twice.

This is a good idea, but I would like it on another god thx

( Pls hirez dont rework my nox again ;-; )
    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.
    I identify as Piplup's sassiness; Don't ask questions
    I is also a three time God Concept contest winner ~~
    My Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno18 View Post
    Nox is fine now. Plus I don't think Hi-Rez wants to rework the same god twice.

This is a good idea, but I would like it on another god thx

( Pls hirez dont rework my nox again ;-; )
    I say rework.

She's ObNOXious enough to play against as is.

All kidding aside, it looks good on paper, hopefully HiRez will use it for another god/dess down the road.
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

Senior Member Prestigious AcidTheWarlock's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 890
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter
    So pretty much Nocturne from League?
    BANANANANANANANANANANANAAAAAAA

ACIDTHEWARLOOOOOOCK