Thread: God Mechanic Idea Discussion

Senior Member Chosen Drago55577's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points

Lightbulb God Mechanic Idea Discussion

If this is the entirely wrong subforum, forgive me. A moderator can move it, if it is.

This is intended to be a larger thread for other people to give ideas and discuss them, rather than just discussing what I have to say. So I encourage everyone to post whatever ideas come to mind, I might add them to the OP if it's received favorably (If anyone even notices this thread.).
    So most of the ideas on this forum are related to gods, but instead of just talking about gods and their mechanics, why don't we just talk about game mechanics, and other cool things that could be put onto various different gods? A pool of ideas for users or developers to consider, or something like that. Plus, it can be pretty hard to draft the entire skillset for a god, while also having it balanced. So instead, just talking about abilities and mechanics, and the way they work, gives people much more room to talk about things.

That being said, I don't have much to suggest myself, but I hope the idea of this thread kicks off.

Now done with that, to what I was going to talk about.
    EDIT: I may have gone a bit too indepth with this.

Most god abilities right now are pretty much just that, straight up abilities or things that benefit their auto attacks (and/or abilities). What do you think of an ability kit, that rather than casting things, is a set of attacks that can be combo'd together. Most of these attacks would be basic attacks, with modifiers based on their position in the combo chain, but at certain parts in the combo chain, they would be a sort of ability instead.
    Think of it like this. Your 1 and 2 are "Light" and "Heavy" attacks, your 3 is a dash attack. A possible combo could be something like 1, 1, 2, with the first two being 0.6x damage, and the final being a 1.2x, very short ranged cone, to represent a cleaving attack. Now, if you extend it beyond "Basic" combos, things would get a bit more complex. Lets say you start with a "Light" combo, 1, 1, 2, 2 might be some sort of short ranged ability, which wouldn't be counted as a basic attack (Unless specific to that combo), which would trigger a "Cooldown timer", where if an attack isn't made within 2 seconds, all buttons used would have their abilities go on cool down, while still allowing basic combos. Could potentially be further extended into a final attack into the combo, which would put all buttons used onto cooldown as soon as the combo is finished. As for the "Dash attack", this would just be a normal dash ability, except that it can be used in combo chains, and may have different affects, range etc. It would go on CD as soon as it is used.

This is definitely open to tweaking or modification depending on the role of the god it is put on, and if it would be entirely combo based or not, but that's the idea. That got a bit long.

I'd love to hear your opinions on it, but most of all, post your own ideas and try and get a discussion going.
    Last edited by Drago55577; 03-11-2016 at 05:00 AM.
    Aim high. One day I will be HirezPonPon, I will wear his skin. Or you know, just be a moderator.
    A pretty amazing skin idea, SAW Scylla. Quite literally the best MOTD, Mayhem
    My Nox Rework, Anubis Rework, Nu Wa Orbital Terror, Hell Ymir Satori Komeiji is my waifu.
    When can we put gifs in our signature? http://puu.sh/jNNd9.gif
    Mode idea thread!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Raichulord's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Repped! Third Class 100 Experience Points Full Profile!
    So clear this up for me. So your talking about combo abilities? Or basic attacks?
    Hey whats up im a Rata and hades lover who loves smite.

Send me your Smite name one way or another so i can friend you on Smite!

Senior Member Chosen Drago55577's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Raichulord View Post
    So clear this up for me. So your talking about combo abilities? Or basic attacks?
    It's a bit of both. The abilities would be basic attacks, but combo'd together they would be different sorts of abilities and attacks. They would go on CD if used passed the basic attack combo, but still allowed to be pressed for the basics.
    Aim high. One day I will be HirezPonPon, I will wear his skin. Or you know, just be a moderator.
    A pretty amazing skin idea, SAW Scylla. Quite literally the best MOTD, Mayhem
    My Nox Rework, Anubis Rework, Nu Wa Orbital Terror, Hell Ymir Satori Komeiji is my waifu.
    When can we put gifs in our signature? http://puu.sh/jNNd9.gif
    Mode idea thread!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Raichulord's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Repped! Third Class 100 Experience Points Full Profile!
    So my thinking on this i think it would be cool if you used a couple abilities right in a row then they would create some sort of effect to the other player such as stun slow or tick damage
    Hey whats up im a Rata and hades lover who loves smite.

Send me your Smite name one way or another so i can friend you on Smite!

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Me and mrgreekzies actually made up a decently cool ability combo mechanism for my Larunda concept if anyone wishes to check that out.
    Anyway, I think this idea for a thread is kinda nice, even though it probably should be in the gameplay section as you mentioned.

Senior Member Chosen GodlySparta's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered Party Person 10000 Experience Points
    I have another form of CC I thought of but can't seem to put it in a god that can work with it. It's like a cripple but it only prevents enemies from strafing. I think HiRez should use what they've came up with and stop sticking to CC that work in other MOBAs as well. It should be unique in the way that you have to aim everything and there should be abilities that prevent you from doing that.