Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing the New Guides

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular

Introducing the New Guides

Long time ago we had a guides and gurus system for the forums to which they were around to help new Smite and current Smite players with knowledge in-game regarding Gods and items. We are revamping the system with users that have been noted to have good attitudes, activity, and knowledge.

Their job is to help players with improving their play style and make suggestions.

So here they are:
    • GongsunYiru,
    • HawkboyJr,
    • LuxInterior,
    • PapaRodin,
    • RainbowSplat

VVV Edit by KingScuba VVV

I'll be the main leader of these guides. The mod team handpicked these players.

As to the reasons why we picked these players, it's because we consider them good examples of a role model player. These five have constantly been friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable on a variety of topics.

Ideally, I hope that new forumers will see these guides, and will take their words a bit more seriously.

I'd also like to differentiate a guide and a guru.

A Guide is a player who has demonstrated positive personality traits and is willing to help players.

A Guru is a player who has demonstrated deep knowledge on a subject(s), and has provided helpful information to the community (I.e Flareb00t, Krett, ProfessorProxy, etc)

With that being said. I sincerely hope this starts a new trend, and that we find new guides in the future to add to the roster.

As a side note, the mod team and the guide team have been given access to images in their signatures, and we'll be guinea pigs to seeing if signatures work well in the forum or not.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 03-10-2016 at 05:35 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 1,767
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Welcome to no one other than 5 people, 2 of which barely comment on balance and only 1 of which is known for actual analyses being trusted. Nailed it.
    I mean the forums' coffin.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    If I won, your system would suck just the same, don't worry. Burying the forums is like a side hobby now.
    wtb new signature

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Oh man, knowledge too!?
    I don't like showing off what I know, it feels like bragging.
    But I'd still tell someone when they're wrong, but I prefer to stay out of arguments.

Well, I wouldn't really want the Guide title anyway, I feel like other people would be more deserving of it.
    Just passing by...

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Dang 7A.
    I can't be a guide with how thin-skinned peeps are =v

Allo Rainbow, Papa. The other 3 idrk, just that Gong seems more like the go-to man for cultural knowledge XD
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Azilo View Post
    Dang 7A.
    I can't be a guide with how thin-skinned peeps are =v

Allo Rainbow, Papa. The other 3 idrk, just that Gong seems more like the go-to man for cultural knowledge XD
    I would have said they needed honest feedback before they killed the forums but I was too slow for it
    wtb new signature

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,638
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Congrats I guess...
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

HiRez Staff Honoured HiRezPonPon's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    I didn't know providing a few users who are fairly active and have decent game knowledge some additional tools to better help new users "Killed the Forums."

My bad.

If you have any specific concerns you can message me Seventh and we can discuss it. Otherwise, spamming this thread with stating that the forums are dead is unproductive.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezPonPon View Post
    I didn't know providing a few users who are fairly active and have decent game knowledge some additional tools to better help new users "Killed the Forums."

My bad.

If you have any specific concerns you can message me Seventh and we can discuss it. Otherwise, spamming this thread with stating that the forums are dead is unproductive.
    My specific concern is who thought making the forums elitist in favor of exactly five people is a good idea, that's it. I have nothing to message you with anymore, but I guess the most I can do is shoot a few links here in a week or two to people only listening to guides?
    wtb new signature

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 858
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I don't mean to point daggers or anything, but Gongsun should deserve his own subcategory of the title, like "Lore Guide". I've never seen him provide advice on gameplay and more or less advice on Chinese lore and mythology.
    I'm pretty much trying to reclaim my lost ELO and sticking to a few gods rn. Mostly playing Cern and maybe Daji.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.