Thread: Sub Commander Poseidon (skin)

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran

Sub Commander Poseidon (skin)

I usually only make god concepts but this time I got a pretty neat idea for a skin so I decided to share it

Sub Commander Poseidon

This picture is just one example of the many possible Submarine commander uniforms. I believe this is a Russian uniform.
    The most common ones are these black ones and then there are also blue and white ones.

Appearance:

Poseidon would be wearing some sort of a submarine commander uniform along with the hat that belongs to it. His staff would be replaced with a sleek black/white walking cane that wouldn't be quite as long as his current staff but still longer than a regular walking cane.
    His beard would be combed nicely and possibly have colors ranging from black to grey to white. Not necessarily in that order. Neatly done mustache as well. Sideburns optional.

Ability visuals:

Attacks:

Poseidon's attacks are converted into small torpedoes that have a subtle explosion animation when they hit.

Passive:

The passive gauge is replaced by a frame that resembles a submarine which then starts filling up with water, still from left to right (a bit illogical but meh)

1st Ability:
    "Full speed ahead!"
    "Brace for impact!"

Instead of launching a wave, Poseidon now sends out a semi-submerged submarine in a straight line, followed by a wake pattern.

2nd Ability:
    "Launch!"
    "Fire in the hole!"

Triples his normal basic attack, just like the basic skin. His staff also changes color. If an enemy is hit by more than 1 projectile, the explosion animation gets bigger and the sounds gets louder, creating a feel of a bigger impact.
    The movement speed increase is indicated by splashing water around his feet.

3rd Ability:
    "Whirlpool ahead!"
    "The current grows strong!"

Whirlpool now has darker water and instead of shark fins, now has small periscopes circling around.

4th Ability:
    "Take her up boys!"
    "Surface!"

Instead of a Kraken, A whole submarine now emerges from a pool of dark water, bow first and then followed by the rest of the hull.

Quotes:

(Might be added later. Any suggestions?)

What do you guys think?

Feel free to add me in SMITE

- [ Doing detailed God concept reviews on request (But only when I feel like it )] -

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhammer View Post
    I usually only make god concepts but this time I got a pretty neat idea for a skin so I decided to share it

Sub Commander Poseidon

This picture is just one example of the many possible Submarine commander uniforms. I believe this is a Russian uniform.
    The most common ones are these black ones and then there are also blue and white ones.

Appearance:

Poseidon would be wearing some sort of a submarine commander uniform along with the hat that belongs to it. His staff would be replaced with a sleek black/white walking cane that wouldn't be quite as long as his current staff but still longer than a regular walking cane.
    His beard would be combed nicely and possibly have colors ranging from black to grey to white. Not necessarily in that order. Neatly done mustache as well. Sideburns optional.

Ability visuals:

Attacks:

Poseidon's attacks are converted into small torpedoes that have a subtle explosion animation when they hit.

Passive:

The passive gauge is replaced by a frame that resembles a submarine which then starts filling up with water, still from left to right (a bit illogical but meh)

1st Ability:
    "Full speed ahead!"
    "Brace for impact!"

Instead of launching a wave, Poseidon now sends out a semi-submerged submarine in a straight line, followed by a wake pattern.

2nd Ability:
    "Launch!"
    "Fire in the hole!"

Triples his normal basic attack, just like the basic skin. His staff also changes color. If an enemy is hit by more than 1 projectile, the explosion animation gets bigger and the sounds gets louder, creating a feel of a bigger impact.
    The movement speed increase is indicated by splashing water around his feet.

3rd Ability:
    "Whirlpool ahead!"
    "The current grows strong!"

Whirlpool now has darker water and instead of shark fins, now has small periscopes circling around.

4th Ability:
    "Take her up boys!"
    "Surface!"

Instead of a Kraken, A whole submarine now emerges from a pool of dark water, bow first and then followed by the rest of the hull.

Quotes:

(Might be added later. Any suggestions?)

What do you guys think?

All righty! Time to pull a cloudhammer oh wait...

So for the quotes, here are my ideas:

Jokes:

Don't worry. As long as we don't sing thee Russian National Anthem, we'll be fine.

Do you know what I love about torpedoes? They solve every problem.

Yatatatatatatatata - KABOOM!!!!!!

Taunts:

Have you ever seen a shipwreck? You'd see one every day if you looked in the mirror.
    Personally, I think drowning is the worst way to go. You'll see why in a bit.

Direct Taunts:

Scylla - Not deep enough little girl. Not even close.
    Nu Horizons (Nu Wa) - Did you know people know more about the surface of the moon than the bottom of the ocean. That must be why no one thinks your cool.
    Vulcan - Hey, it's a good thing I found you! We have a leak in our hull. Can you fix it?
    Bacchus - Did I ever tell you *hic* of the time I fought a *hic* drunkard? He looked a *hic* bit like you.
    Last edited by SwirlixDen; 03-12-2016 at 01:27 PM.
    MY CONCEPT HUB

Diamonds: Bacchus, Bastet, Camazotz, Cupid, Sol

Achievements:
    "Time to pull a Cloudhammer" xD I'd love if that were a saying on these forums :3 (Preferably on times when posting a long comment/review)

Thanks for the suggestions SwirlixDen, I'll take those into consideration!
    Last edited by Cloudhammer; 03-10-2016 at 09:00 AM.
    Feel free to add me in SMITE

- [ Doing detailed God concept reviews on request (But only when I feel like it )] -

Senior Member Chosen Drago55577's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Shit I didn't read anything just to post a submarine popping up instead of a Kraken, but you already had it there. That amazing. I am in full support of this skin, and I hope to see it in full production by friday.

Shouldn't his attack buff launch torpedoes, though?

EDIT: I still can't stop laughing.
    Last edited by Drago55577; 03-11-2016 at 10:24 PM.
    Aim high. One day I will be HirezPonPon, I will wear his skin. Or you know, just be a moderator.
    A pretty amazing skin idea, SAW Scylla. Quite literally the best MOTD, Mayhem
    My Nox Rework, Anubis Rework, Nu Wa Orbital Terror, Hell Ymir Satori Komeiji is my waifu.
    When can we put gifs in our signature? http://puu.sh/jNNd9.gif
    Mode idea thread!

Achievements:
    The attack buff DOES launch torpedoes. Basic attack is a torpedo in this skin and the 2 triples that torpedo. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Achievements:
    The attack buff DOES launch torpedoes. Basic attack is a torpedo in this skin and the 2 triples that torpedo. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.
    This skin is just about the best thing we could ever get in Smite, then. A motherfucking Submarine ruining your day.
    Aim high. One day I will be HirezPonPon, I will wear his skin. Or you know, just be a moderator.
    My Nox Rework, Anubis Rework, Nu Wa Orbital Terror, Hell Ymir Satori Komeiji is my waifu.
    Mode idea thread!

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 876
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran

1st Ability:
    "Full speed ahead!"
    "Brace for impact!"

I would say a Lifeboat instead again a submarine.

Bytheway, very nice concept, bravo

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaoyu View Post
    I would say a Lifeboat instead again a submarine.

Bytheway, very nice concept, bravo
    No no, a submarine. Don't ruin the sheer badassery of this skin.
    Mode idea thread!

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 876
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drago55577 View Post
    No no, a submarine. Don't ruin the sheer badassery of this skin.
    The badass submarine is in the Ult already ^^

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaoyu View Post
    The badass submarine is in the Ult already ^^
    He is the commander of a Fleet of Submarines. Lets make his 1 two submarines!
    Mode idea thread!