Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rama: The new Xbalanque?

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor

Question Rama: The new Xbalanque?

Fdot said something during one of the relegation matches, that really stuck with me, that Rama is sort of a new, slightly better Xbalanque in this season 3 meta. Anyone else feel this is the case?

Thoughts?
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    no rama is good but i dont know if better than xba. xba does have a cc immune jump or whatever. but rama can cripple him from ever using it.
    d6hdmgy.jpg"]http://orig14.deviantart.net/5657/f/2013/221/5/d/dbz_battle_of_gods_meme_by_thelastmanonearthart-d6hdmgy.jpg[/URL]

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Xbalanque 1/Rama 1: Rama's hits the entire wave. It's better clear, worse boxing. Xbalanque can use as many as he wants. Rama can use 5 before having to pick up new arrows. Rama also uses more mana per shot.

Xbalanque 2/Rama 2: Poke/waveclear versus a steroid. Xbalanque's is better early-game. Rama's is better late-game when his autos hit much harder than Xbalanque's darts.

Xbalanque 3/Rama 3: Xbalanque wins out on this one by quite a lot early. Rama's 3 is a cripple that requires he sacrifice his dash. It doesn't do as much damage as Xbalanque dash. It isn't cc immunity, just a single-target cripple. CC immunity is more valuable, no matter how you slice it. However, Rama does win on one aspect, and that's the main point of the ability: An escape. He has a shorter cooldown. Late-game, Rama wins out.

Ult: They're for different situations, but Xbalanque's offers more overall, I feel. It's the ultimate teamfight ult versus a kill secure ult. I'd go for this particular teamfight ult every time in every situation really. It's just that good.

Xbalanque will probably outbox Rama early and snowball faster. But in terms of their late-game utility, Rama is probably better off just for the fact that Rama gets a steroid without having to rack up five kills. He's a safer pick, as well.

Personally though I think Neith is the best adc this season though. Ability damage Neith is so strong.

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post
    Xbalanque 1/Rama 1: Rama's hits the entire wave. It's better clear, worse boxing. Xbalanque can use as many as he wants. Rama can use 5 before having to pick up new arrows. Rama also uses more mana per shot.

Xbalanque 2/Rama 2: Poke/waveclear versus a steroid. Xbalanque's is better early-game. Rama's is better late-game when his autos hit much harder than Xbalanque's darts.

Xbalanque 3/Rama 3: Xbalanque wins out on this one by quite a lot early. Rama's 3 is a cripple that requires he sacrifice his dash. It doesn't do as much damage as Xbalanque dash. It isn't cc immunity, just a single-target cripple. CC immunity is more valuable, no matter how you slice it. However, Rama does win on one aspect, and that's the main point of the ability: An escape. He has a shorter cooldown. Late-game, Rama wins out.

Ult: They're for different situations, but Xbalanque's offers more overall, I feel. It's the ultimate teamfight ult versus a kill secure ult. I'd go for this particular teamfight ult every time in every situation really. It's just that good.

Xbalanque will probably outbox Rama early and snowball faster. But in terms of their late-game utility, Rama is probably better off just for the fact that Rama gets a steroid without having to rack up five kills. He's a safer pick, as well.

Personally though I think Neith is the best adc this season though. Ability damage Neith is so strong.
    I'd personally argue the case for Hou Yi.

Mainly for his boxing, and his jungle control.
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicWinnar View Post
    I'd personally argue the case for Hou Yi.

Mainly for his boxing, and his jungle control.
    Yeah there have been a lot of Hou Yi players in the past few weeks.

Neith is definitely up there though.

Senior Member Honoured TyrIsOPBruh's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 647
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 1000 Experience Points
    I feel as if almost every hunter is viable, with the exceptions of amc, artemis, and cupid. Now those 3 hunters aren't bad and they all have their own strengths, but they just aren't worth looking at right now with xbal, rama, hou yi, neith, etc.
    It is my solemn duty to represent all Hurdlers on the Smite Forums!

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    @RippleApple

You left the fact out that Xbal does not need to lv up his ult like the other hunters need too.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarou View Post
    @RippleApple

You left the fact out that Xbal does not need to lv up his ult like the other hunters need too.
    Good point.

See this is the kind of thing that comes from my inexperience in playing adc. Not that I'm necessarily bad... I just feel like I'm bad every single time I miss a single basic and it's stressful so I rarely ever play that role.

I can analyze their kits and see how potent they are based on the numbers and how often I see them, but there are some things you just don't get unless you play them yourself. Thank you for pointing this out.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Yeah its kind of funny to hear your clan mates rage in intern games when i play Xbal. xD

It goes like :" How the FU** can you deal that much dmg already ?"
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I was literally thinking this ever since I mained xBal. Compared to him, he sacrifices some damage for utility. Whereas Rama is just 300+ basics and VEL.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.