Thread: Set abilities concept

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran

Set abilities concept

Hello all. Thought I'd take a crack at Set, my first attempt at designing a god's abilities. He is known mostly as the god of chaos, dessert and storms. I tried to take the chaos into account for his abilities based on sand and make him into a CC based god, or as I like to say; a control god. (a bit like Nox?)

Set is designed to sow discord and confusion into the enemy whilst keeping at bay with a dodge passive and an escape.

FYI I'm not very good at balancing numbers for damage so I left that blank. Sorry!

************************************************** ************************************************** **************************

Passive (Sand in thy eyes) - Those hit by Set's abilities have a 25% chance to miss auto attacks against him, lasts 4 seconds. This effect cannot trigger more than once within 15 seconds.

1: Sand blast - Set's staff spits out sand in the enemy god's face, causing them to wonder aimlessly for 2 seconds. No damage.

2: Sand Tornado - Set flings a tornado of sand ahead doing # damage in a wave pattern.

3: Sand thrust - An explosion of sand launches Set and any enemy god caught backwards. Enemy gods caught take damage.

4: Lord of the desert - Set summons a wave of sand that he rides upon for the duration, growing each second. Enemies caught as the wave passes through them are blinded for 1 second. Those under direct impact take full damage, whilst those in the outer radius are stunned for 2 seconds. Ability lasts 4 seconds. After 4 seconds the wave dissipates.

Damage: Percentage increase of magical power per second.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Not bad but i think his first needs to damage also and yeah i know that you said you are not god with damage numbers but you should work on that

Senior Member Honoured ThePsychoBear01's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    This is the 50,000,000,000th Set concept I've seen that's nothing but sand.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePsychoBear01 View Post
    This is the 50,000,000,000th Set concept I've seen that's nothing but sand.
    There's that many? Holy shit. Seth must be a household name with that figure!

On another note; post a more believable figure. It makes you look ridiculous. Maybe post some constructive criticism too. I welcome it. For example; what do you think Seth could use in his kit to make him less.. sandy?

With that out the way let me explain in more detail why I went with sand..

Set /sɛt/ or Seth (/sɛθ/; also spelled Setesh, Sutekh, Setekh, or Suty) is a god of the desert, storms, disorder, violence and foreigners in ancient Egyptian religion. In Ancient Greek, the god's name is given as Sēth (Σήθ).
    I tried to have a consistiancy with his kit rather than abilities that didn't gel together if you know what I mean. So I blended the storms, discord and sand, which go together well, into his kit. For example sand + storm = a tornado of sand. The wave pattern is the disorder part as it doesn't follow a straight path. A more random pattern would probably of made this ability too unattractive.

His Sand Blast too represents the discord of having sand in your eyes. The enemy god's mind is in a state of chaos as they try to assess whats happening around them as they try to dislodge the sand, which hinders their view.

And so on. This god was designed to create chaos with sand and storms. I simply went with what seemed natural.

Senior Member Honoured ThePsychoBear01's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    There's that many? Holy shit. Seth must be a household name with that figure!

On another note; post a more believable figure. It makes you look ridiculous. Maybe post some constructive criticism too. I welcome it. For example; what do you think Seth could use in his kit to make him less.. sandy?

With that out the way let me explain in more detail why I went with sand..

I tried to have a consistiancy with his kit rather than abilities that didn't gel together if you know what I mean. So I blended the storms, discord and sand, which go together well, into his kit. For example sand + storm = a tornado of sand. The wave pattern is the disorder part as it doesn't follow a straight path. A more random pattern would probably of made this ability too unattractive.

His Sand Blast too represents the discord of having sand in your eyes. The enemy god's mind is in a state of chaos as they try to assess whats happening around them as they try to dislodge the sand, which hinders their view.

And so on. This god was designed to create chaos with sand and storms. I simply went with what seemed natural.
    Still, Set concepts with nothing but sand is a bit overdone.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Othomi's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    In the desert wind rules as main natural force of erosion/destruction. It does not have to be always sand in it Heat is also an option or switching between scorching heat and ice cold.
    "praised be thee Thoth, Lord of Hermopolis,
    who hath created himself,
    he was not born, the sole god" - ancient Egyptian praising poem

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I have a set that isnt based on sand...