Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: High ping on EU servers

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 752
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Exclamation High ping on EU servers

Every day, every game at any given moment, i have pretty high ping. Yesterday i had 160, today i get 150. There is no one else on my network, i have no other devices connected to it, and there are no other programmes that might drain bandwidth running on my pc when i play. In the past (about a week before) highest ping i would encounter would be 80-90. Also this ping is only experienced during smite. Not in paladins, not in any other game, not while browsing etc. Finally, it is incredibly stable at the numbers given. E.g. Yesterday it wouldn't go any less than 158 nor any higher that 162. Today not less than 148 or higher than 152. What i am getting to is that i believe that the ping is server sided, because many of the people i randomly played with experienced the same thing. Also its stability is weird and the fact that i only encounter this in smite leads me to the same conclusion. Below is a speedtest i ran shortly after losing a game (smite still running in the back)

I would appreciate any kind of advice you could offer me. Thanks in advance

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead KillerCryptid's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    thank god I'm not the only one
    before the last patch my ping was standard at like 70 now the standard is at around 150 and the last match I played I had 600, idk what they did but they fucked up
    Go to Guardians: 1. Sylvanus, 2. Ymir 3. Geb
    Go to Mages: 1. Agni, 2. Vulcan, 3. Chronos
    Go to Warriors: 1. Odin 2. Tyr, 3. Hercules
    Go to Assassins: 1. Bakasura, 2. Awilix, 3. Thor
    Go to Hunters: 1. Chiron, 2. Medusa, 3. Cupid

Current goals: lvl. 1 mastery on all gods and lvl. 10 mastery on Sylvanus

Junior Member Cupidhead untoldzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Achievements:
    Actually is their server problem, they are not able to route well with some ip (mostly with static IP).

I'm investigating about that (and sending more info then i can to hirezluongo And HirezJulien, which i talk a lot through mail).
    seems the problem is routing to "ipplus" servers (server in london as i understood).

is not out fault guys, is smite client and routing faults.

as Hirez told me: platform and networking team are looking to resolve this (but they are blind actually).

Actually i have:
    1 match with 170..
    1 with 45..another with 150..then 170..then again 60.

nothing change in my connection (no program, no wifi, nothing and nothing changed from a match to another)
    the proof that is their problem is:
    tested with 4ISP and 6 different PC.

too many people with the same issues from many different parts of Europe.

Actually they suggest me to report any server issues with "rate server"...lets try.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Hey, I have similar issues with US ping. In the past when servers acted up like they do now I've used a third party software (WTFast) to deal with the problem. Unfortunately it only has a limted free trial period, so if anyone got any other nice fixes feel free to share.

(Last time they had similar trouble they managed to fix it after a few weeks if I recall correctly.)

I second the notion to hit "rate server" after bad ping games, hopefully it can assist with fixing the problem.

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 752
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Ok here i found the solution. After the patch my preffered region was changed to NA. so i was playing on NA servers or something. i changed it back to EU and it is now fine! Try it!

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by JotsartsiGR View Post
    Ok here i found the solution. After the patch my preffered region was changed to NA. so i was playing on NA servers or something. i changed it back to EU and it is now fine! Try it!
    While there indeed has been something which reset region for some reason (it seems to be tied to doing tutorial map and/or tutorial quests) I assure you that people are having issues who actually have EU prefered region.

Though it's still good to spread the word that peoples prefered region may have been reset of course. If you have any further insight on exatly what cause the region reset, feel free to post it in the other thread about it:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ica-%28bug-%29

Junior Member Cupidhead KnightofGemini's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    I made a reddit post about this issue, please feel free to write your problem there and hope we get a response https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comme...rvers_some_eu/

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I have same issue im running crazy, before last patch i had 70-90 ping and rare lags now i have constantly over 160 and every round is laggy especialy conquest cant play it anymore, im always sending rate server and now i sent message to hirez support FIX THIS I WANT TO PLAY!!!

EDIT:

Ok i was also playing on NA servers ping is lower now but lagg and frame drops are still there
    Last edited by ATsGOD; 03-08-2016 at 10:02 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    There is at least another thread for the same issue. Don't open new ones jesus christ.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    I have 300 Mbits/s optic , and 150 ping every days on every game ... it's juste insame