Thread: Seth, Fiend God of Chaos!

Member Follower hydrogeneration's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 887
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Veteran 5000 Experience Points

Seth, Fiend God of Chaos!

Seth, Fiend God of Chaos. (Mage)

KIT

Passive: 'They can hear you scream' : Every time Seth uses an ability and hits an enemy god Seth summons a Typhonic beast that will accompany him for 20 sec attacking anyone who deals damage to Seth or stands in 35 feet radius from Seth. Only 1 beast can be summoned at a time. They will focus gods over minions. (kinda how artemis boar works except these minions will follow Seth and dont stun the opponent. Or Bastets cats but more vunerable.)

Ability 1: 'Invasion' : Seth Summons forth a Horde of red ghastly demons in a cone in front of him for 2 sec and all enemy's inside can get up to 3 hits for a total of 90/140/190/240/290 magical damage. Can be used while walking. Is a channeled ability and can be canceled.
    Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 seconds.

Ability 2: 'Heart Of Chaos' : Summons a Sandstorm around seth in 20 feet radius that will slow enemies and Seth gets Enraged gaining x amount of magical damage and movement speed. Seth will also glow Red.
    Cooldown: 17 seconds.

Ability 3: 'Chaotic Inferno' : Seth summons an eruption that starts from his body to the targeted location.
    dealing 30/50/70/90/110 magical damage to all enemies hit between Seth and the targeted location
    Cooldown: 7 seconds.

ULITMATE: 'The Was Scepter': Seth summons his Was scepter and throws it to the targeted location stunning only 1 enemy in 10 feet radius and summon a Desert storm around the scepters location and slowing enemys by 50% and silencing them in 40 feet radius. all enemys at the targeted location will be attacked by 2 Typhonic beasts. Once an enemy walks out of the targeted location the Typhonic beasts fade away.
    Cooldown: 120/110/100/90/80 seconds.
    Stun duration: 1 sec
    Duration: 10 sec

Influences and characteristics:

Seth is compared a lot with Satan (Cult of Set). And I really like the idea of Seth being a kind of demon/alien .First of all because nobody really knows what animal he depicts and he also used to be a good character (defending Ra against Apep the original evil God In Egypt's pantheon) like Satan (A fallen Angel) but then he went mad and killed Osiris etc. So he is like a fallen god ruling over the deserts with all his minions (The Seth animals or Typhonic beasts/Demons/Fiends). I also got bit influenced by the cartoon 'Papyrus', Blackheart and M. Bison from Marvel vs. Capcom.

Blackheart. Pallete swap this to red give him some golden egyptian armour and his typhonic beast head and you basicly have Seth how I would love to see him in Smite.

Seth ghastly demons that can be used for his 1st ability 'Invasion'.screenshot taken from the cartoon 'Papyrus'.

His walking animation depicts him hovering over the ground with his arms crossed and sand and dust floating behind him. Like M. Bison does in Street Fighter.

Seth Typhonic beast:
    Last edited by hydrogeneration; 03-08-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 517
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Bruh you missed most of set's most important qualities...he defends Ra. Hes not an evil god.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 737
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    not exactly "lore firendly"

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    A few things. The kit is not very lore friendly, as in battle, Set liked to get up close and personal, and there is no link to either protecting Ra or sewing chaos. For example, my chaotic kit for Set has a lot of randomness, and the ult ties back to his killing of Osiris. The kit seems more sand based than anything. Also, 20 yards on his 2 is massive. Did you mean 20 Feet? And his ult sounds like a combo of Bastet's ult and his 2.
    Praise the Sun!

We need this emote

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ScartheKing View Post
    Bruh you missed most of set's most important qualities...he defends Ra. Hes not an evil god.
    Bruh did you even read what I wrote....?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Londoge View Post
    A few things. The kit is not very lore friendly, as in battle, Set liked to get up close and personal, and there is no link to either protecting Ra or sewing chaos. For example, my chaotic kit for Set has a lot of randomness, and the ult ties back to his killing of Osiris. The kit seems more sand based than anything. Also, 20 yards on his 2 is massive. Did you mean 20 Feet? And his ult sounds like a combo of Bastet's ult and his 2.
    So your saying he needs an ability that has something to do with him protecting ra? Wtf thats just boring. They can write that in his lore but its just stupid to make that an ability. Also his 1 and 2 in this kit define 'Chaos' pretty much and yes i made his kit sand based because he is the god of desert what god are you talking about? :s

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,471
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter Veteran 25000 Experience Points
    You're all digging too deep. Not EVERY lore element needs to be incorporated into a god's kit, for some parts don't necessarily fit into the bigger parts. Set was known as a god of sands, storms, and chaos. Though he is not literally evil, in the world of Smite he might just go back to that or remain a quiet chaos behind Ra. The part of him protecting Ra doesn't need to be in his kit, it can sit in his lore.

The same could be said of them not utilizing Hercules's 12 labors, or Thor fighting Jormungandr as a cat, or Kukulkan eating people.

Not everyone's kit is going to be the same and there's no guarantee of what Hi-Rez will do with Set. This is just another interpretation and a good one.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Ok. If you are building him as the god of the desert that is a fine kit. I thought you were going for a chaos oriented build since you named him "fiend god of chaos." Also, I never said you had to put in something about protecting Ra (I personally do not see how that would fit the build) but there are other epic parts of Set's lore that would make awesome abilities (Set assassinating Osiris, his battles with Horus etc.)
    Praise the Sun!

We need this emote

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Londoge View Post
    Ok. If you are building him as the god of the desert that is a fine kit. I thought you were going for a chaos oriented build since you named him "fiend god of chaos." Also, I never said you had to put in something about protecting Ra (I personally do not see how that would fit the build) but there are other epic parts of Set's lore that would make awesome abilities (Set assassinating Osiris, his battles with Horus etc.)
    well if you play Seth vs Osiris and you kill Osiris you basicly did what you said or fight Horus if he will ever be released. assasinating Osiris is not an 'ability' it's something that happened. It's not like you can make an ability named 'the assasination of Osiris" and instakill Osiris that would be broken af or ' the battle with Horus' where you will randomly begin to battle Horus out of the blue wtf....

IF for example in the lore they would say Seth would be using a staff/spear to protect RA that would be a lore thing you could use in a build because you can then incorporate the staff he used in the lore into his kit. But not the event itself. and I did incorporate his 'was scepter" as a staff/spear ultimate.

+ I did only 2 sand abilitys (his ultimate and his 2) and I did 2 chaos like abilitys his 1 and 3 so basicly i did it 50/50. His 1 and 2 has nothing to do with the desert ALSO a sandstorm can be seen as 'chaotic' so what your saying is just bs man
    Last edited by hydrogeneration; 03-08-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ScartheKing View Post
    Ra is his father doesn't mean because he defends his father he isn't evil.