Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove Ao Kuang from this game.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Do you know how hard it is to create a god in Smite?
    Do you know?
    They work hard to create gods, question their kits.
    There is no way Ao Kuang is going to get deleted.
    Now then, have a good day.
    Just passing by...

Banned Honoured Splifflord LaFleur's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Sounds like Ao could use a hit to his 3's base damage then so his 3+SR+Poly combo doesn't bring a squishy down to execute range.
    That combo won't bring a squishy down to execute range, it will kill their whole family for the next five generations.

His damage output is outrageous and he's a hell of a lot safer than people think (the majority of people who claim he's easy to kill obviously don't know the various nuances of his abilities). Right now he deletes everything he runs into with minimal effort as long as you have a proper build and can play halfway decently.

Senior Member Prestigious EpicWinnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by lYury4Lozhl View Post
    So every game I see this god gets Boots of Magi, Polynomicon and Soul Reaver.

At level 12-13 he usually has both 2nd and 3rd ability maxed.

With those 3 items he has 220 magical power. That gives you 290 (+88) MP on 3rd ability which procs additional things:

basic dragon from his 2nd ability, which adds additional 95 (+66) MP, Polynomicon dealing 130 damage and additional 15% true damage from soul reaver. Also we have an additional 10% damage increase due to passive. And Everithing on one ability.

That's what we have if he gets only 3 items. Imagine RoT and SoD on him...

This guy needs some nerfs now...
    While I agree his damage may be a tad extreme when built/played properly, that is literally all that Ao Kuang has. Even with the increases to his health (Which I still question), you can sneeze on him as a hunter late game and he dies. Not only that, but the only REAL place for him is the jungle (Unless you're going for swag, then you stick him in the solo lane, CycloneSpin), where he has a losing matchup against most of the meta jungle picks (With the exception of Kali, who's probably the ONE god with a weaker early game)
    "I lost to it, so it must be broken" - Every complaint thread ever.

Concept for The Hydra, Greek Serpentine Monster:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ror-of-Lernaea

Concept for Yum Kaax, Mayan God of the Wild:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...od-of-the-Wild

Concept for Krishna, Dashvatara:
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...atar-of-Vishnu

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicWinnar View Post
    While I agree his damage may be a tad extreme when built/played properly, that is literally all that Ao Kuang has. Even with the increases to his health (Which I still question), you can sneeze on him as a hunter late game and he dies. Not only that, but the only REAL place for him is the jungle (Unless you're going for swag, then you stick him in the solo lane, CycloneSpin), where he has a losing matchup against most of the meta jungle picks (With the exception of Kali, who's probably the ONE god with a weaker early game)
    Except assassins counter hunters.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post
    Except assassins counter hunters.
    Except Ao Kuang doesn't have the lockdown of other assassins, which makes it a lot easier for said hunters to blow him up.

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Except Ao Kuang doesn't have the lockdown of other assassins, which makes it a lot easier for said hunters to blow him up.
    Fair enough. This time I was just being pedantic anyway.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post
    Fair enough. This time I was just being pedantic anyway.
    And one of the more popular hunters in this meta (Hou Yi) directly counters him with Mark of the Golden Crow

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,671
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    He doesn't need the lock down when he can just teleport in and do 90% of your HP bar with a stealth blink.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    The problem isn't Wild Storms, but Soul Reaver itself. Despite the 60 second CD, it just benefits too much without much downsides. The stats it gives is the same amount of magic power to Talon except instead of lifesteal, it's mana. Even then 15% of maximum health is pretty much a lot especially with Gods of little damage like Geb.

I've run SR Geb before and it's very effective on targets to want to hit since 15% HP is basically 300+ at late game.

Wild Storms by itself isn't very strong even if you can run burst Kuang without SR. The problem is SR allows his burst to happen which immediately which in return puts you in the threshold of the execute range. What makes it worse is that AK's execute is one of the most safest executes in the game.

Soul Reaver
    • +100 Magical Power
    • +300 Mana
    • PASSIVE - When a god takes damage from your abilities, they take 15% of their maximum Health in additional damage. If multiple gods are hit, the damage is applied to the one with the greatest maximum Health. This can only occur once every 60 seconds.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    i smell a huge "i wantz to defend that poor god" again, since some peeps (and not only here) can't admit that ao is the only god in the game atm, that kills you no matter what you are. full 325 prots with 3 k hp? lol you wot m8, 2+3 and noob ult (yes, i call and will call it like that, until its reworked)
    and boom, there he flies^^
    downside of loki? it takes him too much time to kill a tank with these stats. Ao not and he has blink/stealth (nope, not OP...DEFINETELY NOT OP, WHAT AM I THINKING EH?) a huge aoe BASIC (applies everything since its a spell/basic....hmmm why was that removed from sol again?) and if that isnt enuff, an easy to hit and literally unmissable ult. only his 2 takes some timing and thats it.