Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever created a game?

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran

Have you ever created a game?

Bored, late, and curious.
    All the traits needed for me to post anything.
    Alright, to the question at hand.
    Have you ever created a game?
    At this point my threads are pretty much just me being bored.

I've created 4 games actually.
    I think that's the number anyway.
    The first one was a first-person shooter that had you running around and doing nothing. (There was this arena that I spent like 5 days on)
    The second one was a 2D RPG, it was revolving around warring factions. A friend even stepped in to help me create it. I went through a dictionary and pretty much created my own language.
    The third one was a 3D third-person game that really served no purpose. It was basically a test.
    And the last one was a text adventure. With nearly 15,000 lines of code, and so many endings. Oh man, that stuff was a lot to write, not to mention linking the next frame of text to another.
    Just passing by...

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,066
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! First Class
    I am just studying java 2. I have done some small stuff for android, but i have never being even close to 15k lines lol.

I am a software engineer major. Not really interested in game development, but it could be fun.

Senior Member Prestigious xVIPx Superb's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 970
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    I've created replicas of:

Bomber Man

The Impossible Game

Asteroid Destroyer

Argario

Zelda

(With a group)

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Here's samples from my channel of what I play around with. Note that I design only the UI in these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7DZCM6QfdI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtBF9curd2Y

Stuff from my old channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ssw6oITps0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH5s6Fjq_8g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUmI5oQDQss

This one is my favorite that I made long time ago:

*Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Chosen ShoNuff Kay's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Veteran
    Miyobi this is beautiful, when will you release this?
    Mastery X Ravana

Thanatos is bae

Yeah I know What the tier lists and pros say.

Too bad I don't care.

You can run but you can't outrun Death!!!
    I'm coming for you Rama

Quote Originally Posted by KFire
    Not having mobility is better anyways because it means you have 4 skills designed to kick the ass of your opponents.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff Kay View Post
    Miyobi this is beautiful, when will you release this?
    When I feel I have the perfect product. I've spent literally 4 years trying to make the perfect game. I'm still progressing to do so.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    C++ is what I used.
    I tried out JavaScript, but I didn't like it that much.
    Just passing by...

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 684
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I used to play around with a Japanese program called Touhou Danmakufu, which lets you make bullet-hell shooters using C language. It certainly gives a ton of bang for the time to devote to learning the code, but I didn't have the time for it anymore and had to give up on it. Never uploaded my scripts on youtube, so here's a few examples.

Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    I've been working on a project by myself for about 2 years now. I'm still looking for a good engine to make it on, but I'm just about finished with the script. It is a game inspired by things such as, but not limited to, The Thing, Mafia, Lovecraft, and Dead Space. It is a combination of Survival, Horror, and Mystery. The player will be a part of a team sent to investigate a secret military research station in deep space because the research station has failed to send a periodical update. The station was presumed to be attacked by rebels so an armed response team was dispatched to investigate. Unfortunately, shortly after arrival, an asteroid shower disables the ship's Warp Drive and Heat/Radiation Shielding. The nearby star is also about to undergo a Nova event that will destroy your ship and the nearby Research facilities (whose shielding are also disabled) In a race against time, the player must either fix the ship's Warp Drive or the Shielding before the star explodes while also unraveling the mystery of the (seemingly) deserted station. Unbeknownst to the player, a mysterious alien parasite is infecting some of the crew, assimilating and gaining control over them. The infected are able to switch between a human from for disguise an an alien form for certain tasks. The parasite will be able to evolve into new strains over time gaining different abilities depending on the type. Some examples planned are a form that can create visual and auditory hallucinations and a form that has some form of control over fire and ice. The player must figure out who is Human and who is not or risk damning themselves, or even all of Humanity if they manage to escape. I have 9 different endings planned based on the choices the player makes and I am also working on figuring out the mechanics for a multiplayer version of this where 1 player is the Parasite. To conclude, consider this like Evolve, except the monster can turn you into a monster too. (btw, I've been working on this about 8 months before I even heard of Evolve, but It's kinda weird feeling to have a similar idea being a tipple A title.)

Anyone having any suggestions on a engine I can use to code this? I want to make it a 3d FPS and I don't care too much about graphics. I've been thinking about Unity (since I could just buy assets for things I'm not too particularly good at, like making models) but I'm not sure if there is a better one.
    *Insert witty remark here*

Astatine is my spirit element

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories

If we do not know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can not anticipate our future actions
    -anonymous American

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran
    I've "cheated" a few RPG VX Ace games using RPG maker or edited parts of game code, but never done something on my own. Due to lack of time (or that being the excuse I tell my self) I have yet to start working properly on an Unreal Engine 4 game that I have some concepts of.

To start off with something that is somewhat more simple, I will try making a UE4 FPS game that is fast paced and features some of the engine's assets. Basically a class based game where elementals fling spells at each other in the sky, featuring a long dash on cooldown, triple jumps and a map that is several platforms in the sky.
    Last edited by Aurasai; 03-07-2016 at 01:38 AM.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.