Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: So.. How do you counter a (good) Odin now?

Senior Member Prestigious xVIPx Superb's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 970
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by zitagirl View Post
    arguing with someone, especially with Miyobi?
    Just because he is a mod doesn't mean people are not to engage in discussion with him, and that he is always right. And I'm sure he wants nobody to think this.

Unless you just mean specifically arguing and not discussion, then ignore me.

On the Plains of the Carpathian Basin (Hungary)
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by xVIPx Superb View Post
    Just because he is a mod doesn't mean people are not to engage in discussion with him, and that he is always right. And I'm sure he wants nobody to think this.

Unless you just mean specifically arguing and not discussion, then ignore me.
    I meant arguing, I'm fine with discussions. However, AlexNemesis tends to just arguing recently, and it's getting on my nerves to the point I can't really defend AlexNemesis.

I'm a gentle person, but if I see more of these endless arguments, I'm going to change from my good snake lady to the evil one. Medusa wants to make some new statues for her garden anyway.
    Genie of the Forum!

Half human though and free, so I only have semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmic power, but still magical nonetheless

Nu Wa and Medusa (or as I call them, snake ladies) are love and life <3

Senior Member Prestigious Fênrîr's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Veteran
    I meant arguing, I'm fine with discussions. However, AlexNemesis tends to just arguing recently, and it's getting on my nerves to the point I can't really defend AlexNemesis.

I'm a gentle person, but if I see more of these endless arguments, I'm going to change from my good snake lady to the evil one. Medusa wants to make some new statues for her garden anyway.
    Welcome to the Smite forums where people get offended by simply being quoted.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I happen to think Odin is over performing atm from my personal experiences and the stats from the guru. Smite.guru shows Odin with a 54% win ratio in ranked conquest and 55% average across all game modes. Only HiRez has the real numbers but I'm under the impression that he could use a slight nerf. I was arguing that Odin was balanced in season 2 and didn't need a buff, I still would've accepted a buff but what he got was pretty significant and I think they over did it.

I like the idea of giving our current blink the ability to activate in combat but perhaps give it a cd penalty afterwards? I could almost see this happening but I think just a small tweak to some of the buffs he got will be enough to put him in a much more balanced state while keeping him strong.
    My top 5 favorite gods currently: Sun Wukong, Sylvanus, Ah Puch, Raijin, Hun Batz

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Marc420's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    They would have to make Odin's ult have an actual cooldown for there to be counterplay, right now its always up when ever he goes in pretty much. Also he shouldn't be able to leave his cage without dropping it. Right now the way it works is completely unfair and not really fitting with the spirit of the ultimate, it is to force people to not run and fight Odin in melee, yet he can use it as an escape to get away. In League of Legends Jarvan has to drop his ult and let the enemy out if he wants to get out without using a dash ability.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    On one hand I like that Odin can exit through the walls but now he can drop it, walk put and his AOE buddy can walk up and ult whoever can't escape inside for easy kills. Many Gods don't have leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc420 View Post
    They would have to make Odin's ult have an actual cooldown for there to be counterplay, right now its always up when ever he goes in pretty much. Also he shouldn't be able to leave his cage without dropping it. Right now the way it works is completely unfair and not really fitting with the spirit of the ultimate, it is to force people to not run and fight Odin in melee, yet he can use it as an escape to get away. In League of Legends Jarvan has to drop his ult and let the enemy out if he wants to get out without using a dash ability.

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,382
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    Do you really argue again? Can't a day pass without me seeing you, AlexNemesis, arguing with someone, especially with Miyobi?

Look, I know we have our own share of biased opinions and such, but when almost everyone tells the same thing and even proove it (with stats and numbers at this case) you can't really say that they are all wrong without giving a proper constructive opinion back. I don't like Odin, but I know what he's capable of and how you can outplay him, unless he's very good, but that's when I deserve to be trapped in his ult.

Sure, he can be a bit OP now, because of all the changes we have got in Season 3 and people are not too used to him yet, only those who played more teamfight-oriented game modes. But in Conquest, he's not really a problem, even with his ult.

AlexNemesis, I'm still your friend, but your attitude can be very bad sometimes. I read the whole thread, even the Apollo one and your and some others attitude was just not good. Sometimes you have to accpet that you are wrong.
    Did anyone accepts they are wrong? Show me one also I argue with miyo cause he is good at it. No hard feelings, I have respect for him, arguement goes both ways, in the end ppl will judge from different views.

I don't need defending if I am wrong. Or even right

On the Plains of the Carpathian Basin (Hungary)
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexNemesis View Post
    Did anyone accepts they are wrong? Show me one also I argue with miyo cause he is good at it. No hard feelings, I have respect for him, arguement goes both ways, in the end ppl will judge from different views.

I don't need defending if I am wrong. Or even right
    I did a few times. Maybe you are right, but sometimes these arguments have no real point or just states facts that have been heard many times already in the same argument. sorry, I just don't like seeing people arguing each other and yours are one of these I don't like.

Whatever you say, I just tried to say my point of view on these. But I meant my last statement.
    Genie of the Forum!

Half human though and free, so I only have semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmic power, but still magical nonetheless

Nu Wa and Medusa (or as I call them, snake ladies) are love and life <3

Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sabwa View Post
    I happen to think Odin is over performing atm from my personal experiences and the stats from the guru. Smite.guru shows Odin with a 54% win ratio in ranked conquest and 55% average across all game modes. Only HiRez has the real numbers but I'm under the impression that he could use a slight nerf. I was arguing that Odin was balanced in season 2 and didn't need a buff, I still would've accepted a buff but what he got was pretty significant and I think they over did it.

I like the idea of giving our current blink the ability to activate in combat but perhaps give it a cd penalty afterwards? I could almost see this happening but I think just a small tweak to some of the buffs he got will be enough to put him in a much more balanced state while keeping him strong.
    Miyo is right partially, it is his ult actually wins the fights since counters are nerfed, combat blink also won't help, his kit is balanced, it is a risky combo, but his ult needs changes I say, to help him more than his teammates to hit their spells hella easier. nerf might effect him badly unless they nerf ult and help with the passive maybe.

Achievements:
    I did a few times. Maybe you are right, but sometimes these arguments have no real point or just states facts that have been heard many times already in the same argument. sorry, I just don't like seeing people arguing each other and yours are one of these I don't like.

Whatever you say, I just tried to say my point of view on these. But I meant my last statement.
    Actually this one is getting somewhere, shots are fired but we got it on the control, also I am a rude person, IK it, my real life effected me, effects me badly, I am counting my days for a death penalty , idk if I am joking or not. Lol