Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 88

Thread: So.. How do you counter a (good) Odin now?

  1. #41
    Member Follower SuperAmazeGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    173
    1
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 3 months registered
    Rep Power
    4
    So he needs to have an inescapable ult for 20% of gods because he doesn't do enough damage for you?
    99% of people don't juke in his ultimate...because he leaves his ultimate now while his team rains down hell for 6 seconds covering the ring. So don't use season 2 arguments as an answer to how he plays now. With his ulti up every 40-50 secs it doesn't take long to fill stacks on his passive either.

    Like I said, name one other 6 second CC that is inescapable to 20% or so of gods.

    The ultimate absolutely is the main issue. He has the best kill set up for his team of just about any god atm. What , you want him to have better slows and burst damage too? I think as an Odin player , you may just be biased to what a large number of people have seen as problems with Odin this season.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Infamous TheLethalCorgi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    5,087
    18
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,262
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAmazeGoat View Post
    So he needs to have an inescapable ult for 20% of gods because he doesn't do enough damage for you?
    99% of people don't juke in his ultimate...because he leaves his ultimate now while his team rains down hell for 6 seconds covering the ring. So don't use season 2 arguments as an answer to how he plays now. With his ulti up every 40-50 secs it doesn't take long to fill stacks on his passive either.

    Like I said, name one other 6 second CC that is inescapable to 20% or so of gods.

    The ultimate absolutely is the main issue. He has the best kill set up for his team of just about any god atm. What , you want him to have better slows and burst damage too? I think as an Odin player , you may just be biased to what a large number of people have seen as problems with Odin this season.
    Ymirs wall

  3. #43
    Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Somewhere, Nowhere
    Posts
    8,400
    31
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAmazeGoat View Post
    So he needs to have an inescapable ult for 20% of gods because he doesn't do enough damage for you?
    99% of people don't juke in his ultimate...because he leaves his ultimate now while his team rains down hell for 6 seconds covering the ring. So don't use season 2 arguments as an answer to how he plays now. With his ulti up every 40-50 secs it doesn't take long to fill stacks on his passive either.

    Like I said, name one other 6 second CC that is inescapable to 20% or so of gods.

    The ultimate absolutely is the main issue. He has the best kill set up for his team of just about any god atm. What , you want him to have better slows and burst damage too? I think as an Odin player , you may just be biased to what a large number of people have seen as problems with Odin this season.
    Did you not read my list of pros and cons? You seem to focus on his ult to ignore the amount of cons he has.

    His ultimate is no different other than him leaving it as he should. It was never a problem and still isn't a problem.

    He has no utility outside his ultimate, his burst is tied to his sustain and escape, he has one of the worst base scaling of any warrior, and his passive is too ultimate reliant. Also most Gods would've bursted or ran around in circles even in a team oriented fight in his ultimate.
    Last edited by MiyobiKumagawa; 02-29-2016 at 07:23 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*


  4. #44
    Member Follower SuperAmazeGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    173
    1
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 3 months registered
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    Did you not read my list of pros and cons? You seem to focus on his ult to ignore the amount of cons he has.

    His ultimate is no different other than him leaving it as he should. It was never a problem and still isn't a problem.
    To the 20% of gods without any ability to escape the 6 seconds of CC it is absolutely an problem.
    You were also listing cons from season 2.

  5. #45
    Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Somewhere, Nowhere
    Posts
    8,400
    31
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAmazeGoat View Post
    To the 20% of gods without any ability to escape the 6 seconds of CC it is absolutely an problem.
    You were also listing cons from season 2.
    So basically we should give special attention to the 20% because they get countered by Odin? That means the same to every God that counters the 20%.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*


  6. #46
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAmazeGoat View Post
    So he needs to have an inescapable ult for 20% of gods because he doesn't do enough damage for you?
    99% of people don't juke in his ultimate...because he leaves his ultimate now while his team rains down hell for 6 seconds covering the ring. So don't use season 2 arguments as an answer to how he plays now. With his ulti up every 40-50 secs it doesn't take long to fill stacks on his passive either.

    Like I said, name one other 6 second CC that is inescapable to 20% or so of gods.

    The ultimate absolutely is the main issue. He has the best kill set up for his team of just about any god atm. What , you want him to have better slows and burst damage too? I think as an Odin player , you may just be biased to what a large number of people have seen as problems with Odin this season.
    1. There are these things called counters. Odin is just that to the 20%.

    2. Ymir's wall.

    3. Odin needs no changes. I play Odin about the same as most gods. Have you ever played Odin? Because it doesn't sound like you have.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


  7. #47
    Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Somewhere, Nowhere
    Posts
    8,400
    31
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    1. There are these things called counters. Odin is just that to the 20%.

    2. Ymir's wall.

    3. Odin needs no changes. I play Odin about the same as most gods. Have you ever played Odin? Because it doesn't sound like you have.
    For number 2 don't forget Cabroken. Then again his is an ultimate, close enough to Odin's cage though.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*


  8. #48
    Member Follower exiledsith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    155
    3
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Ppl seem to forget is he still supbar at everything. Solo , Jungle, Support thoose are the roles he can (mostly) fill but still he is very mediocre at every position with an extreemly binary and telegraphed gameplay. So no, he doesn't nerf at all. Spread out, buy aegis and learn to juke left and right like a madcow.

    And i srsly do suggest to everyone who wants him nerfed think twice what kind of gods roaming this game (cough amate,opellona,serq sol etcetcetc) who could TRULY use for a set of nerfs.

    What Odin does now is that he is a situational or combo pick . That is his role and he fills it well atm. Just because he was a walking joke last season doesn't mean he has to be D-- tier all the time.

  9. #49
    Member Follower SuperAmazeGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    173
    1
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 3 months registered
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    So basically we should give special attention to the 20% because they get countered by Odin? That means the same to every God that counters the 20%.
    6 seconds of being stuck in a circle that is conveniently sized to other gods ults like Zeus and Hou yi is easy mode.
    I thought you said that Odin changes made the game more 'strategic'. But in fact they make the Odin game "easy mode".
    Where before you had to wonder if they had used combat blink, or god forbid actually keep track of it on the 20% of gods that needed combat blink to escape your ult. Now you can set up guaranteed kills for your team on those same 20% of gods and not even risk having to box while stuck in your circle. So strategic.
    And yes, you certainly need to pay special attention to the 20% of gods that Odin counters, when that counter is a broken inescapable 6 second CC.

    Your argument = Inescapable 6 second CC ring that is best setup for team kills in game is not overpowered. Being able to escape every 2-3 minutes....broken OP.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Chosen Uwilltap3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,185
    17
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    The only problem I have with Odin is his ult having no counter for many gods. It's not the damage he does inside, it's the area effect teamates on the outside that are the problem.

    Say I choose someone without a leap, that shouldn't mean free kills the entire game for their team.

    One time I got trapped in his ring as Guan. I watched Odin and Hou Yi walk up and ult in the ring. I stood there and typed "lol" to my team as I died. This was repeated off and on for 10 minutes.

    It's impossible not to get caught in his rings all game.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •