Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: So.. How do you counter a (good) Odin now?

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,382
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    You got to be joking, he finally got buffed from being destroyed in his ultimate and straightaway you want a rework? All they need to do is give blink the combat blink effect and there you go.

As an Odin player, we've been asking for buffs to have him not be ultimate feed.

He has one of the worst warrior scalings, and his passive is virtually useless because it requires him to get kills when his ultimate was up.
    Odin is a set killer, I get more than 25 assists each game. That was when he was weak in your state, season 2. But people always want more. I set multi kills for my team, so why not getting some kills for myself.

Bringing Combat Blink as a counter to one ult in the game? Isn't that ridiculous? Also he doesn't need to kill for passive, those ppl needs to die in it. When you are picking Odin, ask a Zeus or Posiedon and Hou Yi to be on your team. You have your passive fully loaded on 2 team fights. lol

Buffing for Odin was the reason behind the greed for kill, He has a great poke and one of the best ults to set kills for teammates. He needed help but not on something w/o no counters. If it gonna stay that way, then anti heal must go.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexNemesis View Post
    Odin is a set killer, I get more than 25 assists each game. That was when he was weak in your state, season 2. But people always want more. I set multi kills for my team, so why not getting some kills for myself.

Bringing Combat Blink as a counter to one ult in the game? Isn't that ridiculous? Also he doesn't need to kill for passive, those ppl needs to die in it. When you are picking Odin, ask a Zeus or Posiedon and Hou Yi to be on your team. You have your passive fully loaded on 2 team fights. lol

Buffing for Odin was the reason behind the greed for kill, He has a great poke and one of the best ults to set kills for teammates. He needed help but not on something w/o no counters. If it gonna stay that way, then anti heal must go.
    Odin has more cons than Anubis...Anubis the most immobile God in-game. Why? Well let's take a look shall we:

Pros:
    • High Burst
    • Team oriented ultimate
    • Early-mid to late-mid oriented
    • Counter to healing
    • Decent sustain

Cons:
    • Burst is connected to his sustain ability and escape
    • His 3 was laughable, the slow wasn't even noticeable and the ability barely did damage
    • Early game high mana consumption
    • Lowest scalings compared to most warriors
    • Less utility outside his ultimate (Chaac has more utility than Odin)
    • 99% of the Gods in the game can outjuke his ultimate back in S2 to the point that even Hel despite the anti-healing could dance around Odin in his own ultimate. Even Anubis was a fear factor against any Odins.
    • His passive stacks can't be built unless his ultimate is up which killing a God still takes a long measure of time to even get stacks.

So not only did you want to destroy Ah Puch and Apollo, but Odin too? I don't know what your average of balance is other than taking down Gods that you find as anti-fun.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,478
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Let the Odin shine for some time he deserves that
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Honoured ThePsychoBear01's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    To put it simply, play Thor...
    Thor's checks Odin in everything simply because of his 1.

But you also got to be good at Thor.

Also other things come to mind like second guessing him, crippling him so he doesn't squish you, and move insanely erratically... all I've got.

Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    Odin has more cons than Anubis...Anubis the most immobile God in-game. Why? Well let's take a look shall we:

Pros:
    • High Burst
    • Team oriented ultimate
    • Early-mid to late-mid oriented
    • Counter to healing
    • Decent sustain

Cons:
    • Burst is connected to his sustain ability and escape
    • His 3 was laughable, the slow wasn't even noticeable and the ability barely did damage
    • Early game high mana consumption
    • Lowest scalings compared to most warriors
    • Less utility outside his ultimate (Chaac has more utility than Odin)
    • 99% of the Gods in the game can outjuke his ultimate back in S2 to the point that even Hel despite the anti-healing could dance around Odin in his own ultimate. Even Anubis was a fear factor against any Odins.
    • His passive stacks can't be built unless his ultimate is up which killing a God still takes a long measure of time to even get stacks.

So not only did you want to destroy Ah Puch and Apollo, but Odin too? I don't know what your average of balance is other than taking down Gods that you find as anti-fun.
    Destroy? You think they will be destroyed with a partial reworks? You think you are bringing some great stats to the table. I see the stuff from the gaming exprience, stats are good but they are not efficient, Odin with one push of button, put everyone in a box, and disables all the healings, if that is OK in your book then it goes to that simplicity that everyone is looking for. Odin needs utility on his kit but the ult doesn't fit the game now. It is too rewarding for one button, based on your statement, beads, aegis, combat blink, sprint, was ok. They were touched for being eay to use and abuse, same goes with the gods I mentioned. It is the matter of playing if you couldn't do good with a god doesn't he was bad, just like the stupid buff on Ullr, he is hard to play, I can't do shit, lets make him even stronger.

Senior Member Prestigious xVIPx Superb's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 970
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    If we balanced gods on "anti-fun" none of the gods we play would be fun.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by xVIPx Superb View Post
    If we balanced gods on "anti-fun" none of the gods we play would be fun.
    Very true, I just feels weird about ult, it seems too strong for meta.

Every time I feel like ppl are abusing cc or burst meta I get my Loki, builds full cdr and annoy the shit outta them and call it a day :d

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead TechPrince's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Previous buffs to odin and now the removal of combat blink made him extremely strong. Most of the odins buy 20% cdr so 9/10 times atleast one of enemy gods will die in his ult.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Adding Combat Blink back is the single worst balance change HiRez can do at this point besides adding old standing Aegis/Beads back. Blink needs a buff in charge time to three seconds, sure. But zero is overshooting it to the point of the ultimate noob crutch and with its current cooldown and (zero) price, LoL flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Let the Odin shine for some time he deserves that
    No god deserves to be OP.
    Except Odin isn't.
    wtb new signature

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    No god deserves to be OP.
    Except Odin isn't.
    I could hug you right now.