Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: So.. How do you counter a (good) Odin now?

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 3,599
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Odins ult needs to scale to 5/5.25/5.5/5.75/6 seconds of ring or maybe see a bit of a CD increase.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Looks like we can all agree that Odin needs a nerf on his ult. Every God should have a counter.

I play pretty well but can do anything when Odin traps you, runs out and allows his area gods to ult from the outside. At most I can only go immune for two seconds.

Senior Member Infamous TheLethalCorgi's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,262
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Nah it felt too short at 5 seconds.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Spread out.

Senior Member Honoured BigDingus's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    On one hand I see your point, but on the other hand there are so few gods that can't escape Odin's ult it almost makes sense that it's as good as it is for the few who can't. I mean, if your ult is countered by 80% of the gods in the game easily, it's a pretty lame ult. For the few times it sticks successfully, it should have a significant impact.

I do agree with adding combat blink back though. And I'm also not saying that playing against Odin's now isn't annoying on occasion, but I most play Assault, and rarely do I ever get a god against Odin that can't get out of the cage. Only those times when you're a healer going against him does it truly blow in Assault.

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    His ult is too situational, vast majority of gods can get out of it.

His 3 is one of the worst abilities in the game.

His birdbomb is highly telegraphed and easy to avoid if you have any escape at all.

Let's not nerf Odin, kk?
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,382
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    They need to rework his ult, Odin is balanced, but the ult is not, IDK why they gave him MS buff and ability to run away from his ult.

Odin ult needs to change and MS buff needs to be revert. Combat blink won't help you, since the CD on that ult is so low.

I gotta think of a new ult, or PapaRodin the mighty suggestion-er gotta help us with it.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexNemesis View Post
    They need to rework his ult, Odin is balanced, but the ult is not, IDK why they gave him MS buff and ability to run away from his ult.

Odin ult needs to change and MS buff needs to be revert. Combat blink won't help you, since the CD on that ult is so low.

I gotta think of a new ult, or PapaRodin the mighty suggestion-er gotta help us with it.
    You got to be joking, he finally got buffed from being destroyed in his ultimate and straightaway you want a rework? All they need to do is give blink the combat blink effect and there you go.

As an Odin player, we've been asking for buffs to have him not be ultimate feed.

He has one of the worst warrior scalings, and his passive is virtually useless because it requires him to get kills when his ultimate was up.
    Last edited by MiyobiKumagawa; 02-29-2016 at 08:40 AM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious xVIPx Superb's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 970
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Odin deserves to be op for a bit

Considering how long SWK and Bellona got away with it.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Odin is an interesting God, and his ult can very easily be countered by a Zeus, leaps, or CC. The ideal scenario for countering an Odin ult is to leap and get out that way, you can CC to slow down the incoming damage, or if you're an Anubis, you can ideally force people out of the ult or even kill Odin, as Anubis does a tremendous amount of damage if built properly. (Although the likelihood of picking up Anubis, especially in ranked, is unlikely as he is easily countered by most Gods.)

Nonetheless - Odin ult is easily countered by leaps, dashes, CC, or high amounts of damage and learning the approximate radius of his ult will tremendously help in learning to mentally calculate and approximate where his ult will land.
    Retired Competitive Jungler/ADC

Any analytical questions, feel free to ask me.