Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: So.. How do you counter a (good) Odin now?

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by TechPrince View Post
    Previous buffs to odin and now the removal of combat blink made him extremely strong. Most of the odins buy 20% cdr so 9/10 times atleast one of enemy gods will die in his ult.
    20% cdr isn't a lot. 40% is a lot; as in it's the maximum level of cdr you can have. It's also harder to get a kill in your ult than you seem to think; provided you're not in a teamfight.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    I would like to point out that blink nerfs were a double edged sword. While the removal of combat blink made his mage/hunter ganking stronger, the nerfs to regular blink being reduced to twice his ultimate's base cooldown also made the blink -> ult more situational than before and practically increased the functional cooldown of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechPrince View Post
    Previous buffs to odin and now the removal of combat blink made him extremely strong. Most of the odins buy 20% cdr so 9/10 times atleast one of enemy gods will die in his ult.
    20% CDR reduces the ultimate cooldown to 48 seconds, which isn't all that threatening. After all, it's still roughly 3 to 4 times your leap cooldown if you have one. Odin isn't very strong against gods with leaps, so in Ranked Conquest you can simply pick a god with a leap into the matchup (unless it's Odin support, in which case you'll want to counterpick him differently).
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    I could hug you right now.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    I think the problem is really comes to l2p now because Odin wasn't seen much in a lot of games. Few rare cases, but overall even a good Odin was hard to find. Since S3 allows him to be a lot more viable than he was, he's becoming a more common pick because people see how viable he is in this meta.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    I think the problem is really comes to l2p now because Odin wasn't seen much in a lot of games. Few rare cases, but overall even a good Odin was hard to find. Since S3 allows him to be a lot more viable than he was, he's becoming a more common pick because people see how viable he is in this meta.
    It amazes me how even now so many people still forget to use their spells 3->2->1 when up close, instead just leaping up, missing their damage, losing their escape and shield in the process.
    wtb new signature

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 3 months registered
    Odin players keep saying this.
    But every game I am in against or with an Odin he has no problem landing his ult multiple times.
    Sick of hearing 'l2p' from Odin players (especially a mod) as that is just a troll statement. Especially when Odin players are getting one button, easy mode, kill setups for their team every 40 seconds or so.
    Maybe you need to l2p if you had a hard time landing his ult with combat blink/blink as they used to be (see how offensive that feels?). The fact that he can walk out of his ult should have been enough of a buff. People say "80% of Gods have an escape on Odin."

So is that the new meta? Only play 80% of gods?

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I started playing Odin a lot before the end of season 2 and I did just fine with him, I made a lot of posts on the forums arguing that Odin was a great god and that he was underrated. He received so many buffs in the last update that he's over the point of balance in my eyes. His ult is now a completely new escape tool by itself, the movement speed on Odin is really really big and with no combat blink he's pretty ridiculous. One or two of those is probably fine but all of that together is just too much imo. Calling for a re-work is just stupid, one simple adjustment should put him in a great spot.

Honestly I think the l2p issue comes from the other end and that people don't realize what a beast he actually is if played well. A few things: His passive is charged for each enemy that dies in his cage which means Odin doesn't even have to deal damage as long as the enemy dies while in the cage, if you're using Odin properly it shouldn't be too hard to fill his passive.

His slow deals 190 (+60%) and has a 40% slow that lasts just shy of 3 seconds, this ability is used mainly for the slow which helps him stick to enemies in his cage, the damage that comes with it is a bonus, it's a solid ability and has good synergy with his kit. And Odin is not reliant on his enemies not having an escape from his ult, he remains very relevant even if the entire enemy team has an ability to escape.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    20% cdr isn't a lot. 40% is a lot; as in it's the maximum level of cdr you can have. It's also harder to get a kill in your ult than you seem to think; provided you're not in a teamfight.
    If Odin is not in a teamfight, you're playing him wrong.
    My top 5 favorite gods currently: Sun Wukong, Sylvanus, Ah Puch, Raijin, Hun Batz

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAmazeGoat View Post
    But every game I am in against or with an Odin he has no problem landing his ult multiple times.
    Sick of hearing 'l2p' from Odin players (especially a mod) as that is just a troll statement. Especially when Odin players are getting one button, easy mode, kill setups for their team every 40 seconds or so.
    Maybe you need to l2p if you had a hard time landing his ult with combat blink/blink as they used to be (see how offensive that feels?). The fact that he can walk out of his ult should have been enough of a buff. People say "80% of Gods have an escape on Odin."

It is a l2p issue, I mentioned back in S2 that he wasn't as big as a problem as he is now. The season gave him some buffs and with the actives to relics and CD nerf, it is a ripe meta for him to build on.

I'm a great Odin player, I don't blindly waste my wombo combo and shield most of the time.

His ult was easy to escape, it wasn't the problem of easy to land, but the issue that 99% of the Gods in this game could easily escape his ult. I've had literally an entire team even the ones with escapes build Combat Blink because of how much of a threat I was. After that, I was as useless as a bag of rice because I couldn't do anything utility wise end game.

It is a l2p issue, it's not a troll answer, it's a flat answer that people really need to start playing against Gods that were not mainstream.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 3 months registered
    It is a l2p issue, I mentioned back in S2 that he wasn't as big as a problem as he is now. The season gave him some buffs and with the actives to relics and CD nerf, it is a ripe meta for him to build on.

I'm a great Odin player, I don't blindly waste my wombo combo and shield most of the time.

His ult was easy to escape, it wasn't the problem of easy to land, but the issue that 99% of the Gods in this game could easily escape his ult. I've had literally an entire team even the ones with escapes build Combat Blink because of how much of a threat I was. After that, I was as useless as a bag of rice because I couldn't do anything utility wise end game.

It is a l2p issue, it's not a troll answer, it's a flat answer that people really need to start playing against Gods that were not mainstream.
    So combat blink letting people escape your ult every two minutes , when you can land your ult every 40 seconds was op?
    Learn to use your ult in the 120 seconds of cooldown on combat blink or whatever it was , i think it was even longer. You still get two free ults as long as you are paying attention. That took strategy and skill to land. Now it is an easy button, 6 second inescapable cc for your team to rain down death into every 40 secs or so. You act like Odin is always alone too, you forget he has 4 other teammates that can cc the hell out of you and let him land his ult all the freaking time. Name one other CC in the game that lasts 6 seconds and has absolutely no escape on say 20% or so of gods.

Every game I get in with a badmouth troll i hear 'l2p'.
    Every forum thread where someone says 'this needs a nerf' you have some troll come in and say 'l2p' instead of addressing the thread.
    Sad to hear it from a mod, especially when everybody seems to be in consensus that it is OP. That this is your argument..."l2p".

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    So combat blink letting people escape your ult every two minutes , when you can land your ult every 40 seconds was op?
    Learn to use your ult in the 120 seconds of cooldown on combat blink or whatever it was , i think it was even longer. You still get two free ults as long as you are paying attention. That took strategy and skill to land. Now it is an easy button, 6 second inescapable cc for your team to rain down death into every 40 secs or so. You act like Odin is always alone too, you forget he has 4 other teammates that can cc the hell out of you and let him land his ult all the freaking time. Name one other CC in the game that lasts 6 seconds and has absolutely no escape on say 20% or so of gods.

Every game I get in with a badmouth troll i hear 'l2p'.
    Every forum thread where someone says 'this needs a nerf' you have some troll come in and say 'l2p' instead of addressing the thread.
    Sad to hear it from a mod, especially when everybody seems to be in consensus that it is OP. That this is your argument..."l2p".
    I already listed my arguments. The ultimate wasn't the main issue, he had too many cons going for him to have been relevant. It's a l2p issue.

I know his strengths and weaknesses, last season wasn't up to par for him. In a competitive setting, he wasn't up to par compared to most Gods. Overall there were better picks over Odin. Even Guan Yu, one of the most undervalued Gods was picked in competitive play over Odin.

Unless you can give me something constructive and spit out information then I'll acknowledge Odin is a problem.

Odin has more cons than Anubis...Anubis the most immobile God in-game. Why? Well let's take a look shall we:

Pros:
    • High Burst
    • Team oriented ultimate
    • Early-mid to late-mid oriented
    • Counter to healing
    • Decent sustain

Cons:
    • Burst is connected to his sustain ability and escape
    • His 3 was laughable, the slow wasn't even noticeable and the ability barely did damage
    • Early game high mana consumption
    • Lowest scalings compared to most warriors
    • Less utility outside his ultimate (Chaac has more utility than Odin)
    • 99% of the Gods in the game can outjuke his ultimate back in S2 to the point that even Hel despite the anti-healing could dance around Odin in his own ultimate. Even Anubis was a fear factor against any Odins.
    • His passive stacks can't be built unless his ultimate is up which killing a God still takes a long measure of time to even get stacks.
    Let's compare Warriors slows as well why don't we?

Odin
    • Gungir's Might
      • Odin does a sweeping spear attack that hits twice dealing damage and slowing all enemies around him on the first hit.
      • Notes: This ability can deal up to 70/100/130/160/190 (+60% of your physical power) damage.
      • Damage Per Hit: 35/50/65/80/95 (+30% of your physical power)
      • Slow: 40%
      • Slow Duration: 2/2.2/2.4/2.6/2.8s
      • Ability Type: Area
      • Radius: 20
      • Cooldown: 10 seconds
      • Cost: 70 mana

Chaac
    1. Rain Dance
      • Chaac summons a rainstorm around his current location for 6s. While it rains, he regains Health, and enemies are caught in the mud and Slowed.
      • Notes: If his axe is out from Thunder Strike, a rainstorm will also spawn at that location.
      • Heals a total of 120/180/240/300/360 (+180% of your physical power).
      • 15/20/25/30/35%
      • Healing:10/15/20/25/30 (+15% of your physical power)every 0.5s
      • Ability Type: Aura
      • Radius: 20
      • Cooldown: 18 seconds
      • Cost: 75/80/85/90/95 mana

Osiris
    • Sickle Strike
      • Osiris throws his Sickle forward. It stops at the first enemy hit, dealing damage and slowing them. The Sickle remains for the duration of the slow.
      • Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+30% of your physical power)
      • Slow Duration: 3s
      • Slow: 20%
      • Ability Type: Line
      • Range: 55
      • Cooldown: 5 seconds
      • Cost: 30 mana

• Spirit Flail
      • Osiris imbues his flail with spiritual energy, striking at the target ground location. Enemies hit take damage, and Osiris gains movement speed. If an enemy is under the effect of Sickle Strike, the target slow is increased in power and duration. Notes:
      • Damage: 80/130/180/230/280 (+50% of your physical power)
      • Sickle Slow Increase: 40% for 3s.
      • Speed Buff: 20% for 3s.
      • Ability Type: Ground Target
      • Radius: 15
      • Cooldown: 10 seconds
      • Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 mana
    Last edited by MiyobiKumagawa; 02-29-2016 at 06:13 PM.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by sabwa View Post
    If Odin is not in a teamfight, you're playing him wrong.
    I never said Odin's never going to be in a teamfight; but the majority of a Conquest game is not teamfights, but laning. You won't always be in a teamfight, and so that's why I said what I said.

The point went over your head. Most gods can handle Odin's ult, so your chances of not having one of his counters is only 20%; and that's assuming you always fight Odins, which should not be happening.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts