Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So.. How do you counter a (good) Odin now?

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran

So.. How do you counter a (good) Odin now?

If you randomly pick a God that doesn't have a jump to escape, how do you escape a team with a good Odin?

I know, avoid his jump but it's nearly impossible all game long. Especially if he has blink.

I like the Odin buff but they should also add a relic that allows you to escape the ring. I hate moving along getting kills only to be trapped in the ring out of no where. Then a Zues comes up and throws his ult. Nothing you can do.

Maybe a combat blink with a 180 second cool down or longer?

Thoughts?

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 3 months registered
    They need to add combat blink back for sure.
    6 seconds cc is OP.
    People say position better or adjust to the new meta.
    The new meta of only playing gods with escapes.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    I agree. Very difficult joust teams with 3 CC heavy gods. When the goal of the other team is to burn beads so you have no way of escaping, the game becomes who chose better gods, not the better skill.

Senior Member Infamous TheLethalCorgi's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,262
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Well Odin was the worst warrior before.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 641
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I miss combat blink ;( I want it back!

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    There should be a physical version of Genji's Guard; it'd help against Odin, except an extra condition to the passive should be that you need to take a single instance of physical damage that deals 15% of your health before activating, so that it doesn't end up being burned on something like an in-hand attack. Other than that Odin should just get that extra second or two shaved off his ult's duration.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I think Odin is op now and I play him for easy wins to prove it sometimes, I'm not actually sure how to counter him myself. I would approve if they added combat blink back in.

From Odin's pov, if it's too difficult to cage my target enemy I'll wait till it's not difficult and this'll often lead to me not ulting much at all in some matches. If you know you're playing a god that Odin is going to focus, make an effort to stay in the back, behind your team making it a nightmare for Odin to get close to you. If Odin uses his leap on the wave or something and you know he can't cage you, rush in and punish him. Other than that, sanctuary can be useful when you get caged and sometimes even sprint is helpful in the cage to help keep your distance from Odin and dodge oncoming attacks.
    My top 5 favorite gods currently: Sun Wukong, Sylvanus, Ah Puch, Raijin, Hun Batz

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    IMO I feel the only real way to counter any kind of Odin would be to revert his ult.

At first no one without an escape could leave the ult.
    Then they made it so everyone on Odin's team but Odin himself and enemies with escapes could leave the ult.
    Then they made it so even Odin can leave his ult.

It's dumb. Having Odin being forced to choose between using his jump to fight or flight before or after his ult is what made the counter to Odin. If he jumped on you and ulted, he'd be forced to contest for his passive or die trying. It gave every god a fair fighting chance in this situation. If he used his ult first, then he had the opportunity to disengage to safety or further engage at the cost of his one escape.
    Now he can blow all his skills as he please and waltz out the ult at any given time, which makes gods like Artemis, Anubis, Hercules, Kumbha, and Nemesis (see how I'm just picking 1 god of each role) caged monkies while everyone pelts you to death with peanuts and rotten tomatoes. I mean, it was this way before, but now there's no possible compensation for it as everyone can smack you around while standng outside the cage.

What was Hi-Rez thinking making this change to Odin's ult while removing Combat Blink, an essential to gods with no escapes and/or lacking chase potential?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead HyperLightdemons's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I actually didn't escaped from Odin but to combat him with Ravana's skill that shoot a ball while being cc. Quickly move back while Odin's smash on the ground then during the Ravana's skill, quickly move back in and beat him up.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperLightdemons View Post
    I actually didn't escaped from Odin but to combat him with Ravana's skill that shoot a ball while being cc. Quickly move back while Odin's smash on the ground then during the Ravana's skill, quickly move back in and beat him up.
    Unless his teammates are outside the circle CCing and ulting you.