Thread: Amatsu-Mikaboshi, The Figure of Darkness

Senior Member Chosen Pokechu212's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile!

Amatsu-Mikaboshi, The Figure of Darkness

Amatsu-Mikaboshi
    The Figure of Darkness

Japanese
    Warrior
    Physical
    Melee

Appearance
    I don't exactly have an image, but I can imagine him appearing primarily as the torso of a skeleton, floating from a dark cloud-type aura. His arms would consist of a system of loose tentacles, but, as he gains stacks on his passive, the tentacles will begin to tighten and become what resembles thick arm muscles. With this change, he himself will also grow in size and stature. This will be explained later.

EDIT: I originally didn't want to use this image due to it being from an official comic series, but it does do a decent job of visualizing what this guy would look like.

Lore
    Before the beginning, there was nothing but darkness. No stars shined, and no gods ruled over the Earth, for there was no Earth to rule over. There was all but one being - Amatsu-Mikaboshi, a force of pure darkness. He dominated the empty void, reigning over what made up the nothingness. Even he was not of any physical form.

In an instant, however, his rule over the abyss was shattered into mere bits upon what many say was the movement of In and Yo, which lead forth to the creation of all that existed. With this formation of life itself, Amatsu-Mikaboshi vanished.

The master of evil still existed, however. Although nobody - not even the gods themselves - could see him, Amatsu-Mikaboshi lived in the evil that was housed in every soul. He was not visible, but his presence was everywhere. People feared him, cultists worshiped him. Some even went to call him a sort of satanic deity. Amatsu-Mikaboshi feeds off of the darkness within each soul, and, when left alone to feast, chaos was sure to erupt from the darkness. Since the birth of life and all that is good, he has not stopped growing and feeding on the evil that lies beneath. Now, with a war brewing, Amatsu-Mikaboshi has come to hunt for the anger that remains within the gods themselves.

Abilities
    Passive: Hunger for Passion: Amatsu-Mikaboshi feeds off of the darkness and hatred of all that surround him. As Amatsu-Mikaboshi takes damage from enemies, he will gradually grow stronger based on how much damage he receives. Over time, he will gain protections and additional physical scaling on all of his abilities.

1 stack will be gained from attacks from enemy minions and jungle creeps, 2 stacks will be gained for basic attacks from enemy gods, and a variable amount of stacks will be received upon every instance of ability damage that deals a percentage of Amatsu-Mikaboshi's maximum health. These stacks will decrease over time while out of combat.

Protections per stack: 0.2
    Ability scaling per stack: 0.35%
    Stack depletion rate: 5 per 3 seconds
    Stack gain from ability damage: 1 * percentage of maximum health lost

Max stacks: 100

Amatsu-Mikaboshi is meant to be a slightly tanky warrior, and I feel that this passive definitely compliments that. It should allow him to survive in a teamfight, and it also gives him some survivability during the early laning phase of the game. He should have no problem poking the enemy laner without worrying about damage from minions. This passive also encourages front line presence in teamfights.

Note: As Amatsu-Mikaboshi gains stacks, his appearance will change as I described in the section above.
    First Ability: Feast: Amatsu-Mikaboshi's tentacles reach to the soul of the first enemy god they reach and rip it from their body, dealing damage, healing himself, and contributing to his passive. The enemy god continues to bleed, taking damage every tick for 5 seconds.

Ability: Line

Damage: 70/85/100/115/130 (+55%)
    Bleed Damage: 12/18/24/30/40 (+5%)
    Heal: 45/50/55/60/65% of damage received by enemy
    Hunger for Passion stacks: 8

Cooldown: 14s
    Cost: 65/70/75/80/85 mana

This guy can't spend his time sitting in front of gods and taking damage, so I thought that he could use another method of gaining stacks, as well as making up all of the lost health he may take while building stacks. The poke that this ability provides is nice, too.

Note: Amatsu-Mikaboshi is rooted during this ability's execution.
    Second Ability: Corruption: Amatsu-Mikaboshi inflicts an enemy with a lethal shadow that deals damage and spreads from that enemy to each enemy around it. This can occur 3 times, the damage declining in power with each instance, until it deals 50% of the damage upon the final instance.

Ability: AoE
    Radius: 20

Damage: 90/115/140/165/200 (+80%)

Cooldown: 10s/11s/12s/13s/15s
    Cost: 50/55/60/65/70

This ability is meant to be Amatsu-Mikaboshi's primary method of waveclear, but it will also definitely be very useful during teamfights, particularly when the enemies have grouped up.
    Third Ability: Shadow Rush: Amatsu-Mikaboshi warps to a target enemy god. From there, his next basic attack will root the enemy deal additional damage based on how many stacks he has on Hunger for Passion.

Ability: Leap, Buff

Damage Buff: 40/50/60/70/80 (+40%)
    Root Duration: 1.5s

Cooldown: 16s
    Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana

This is my attempt at giving players a reason to build for basic attack damage, as well as adding some mobility to this god. Note that when I use the word "warp," I am referring to how Hades' "Death from Below" is technically a leap, and that this ability works in the same day. At first, I had a blink, but then I realized the nightmare that would come with a blink-ult.
    Ultimate: Apocalypse: After a short startup period of 2s, Amatsu-Mikaboshi releases the evils collected through Hunger for Passion. Every 0.125 ticks, at lease one pulse of energy is released from him and sent towards all enemy gods within a 50m radius, dealing damage and slowing them. This lasts until Amatsu-Mikaboshi runs out of stacks, or for a maximum of 8s.

He is CC immune for the duration of this ability, and the passive effects of Hunger for Passion do not disappear until the ability ends.

Ability: Aura

Damage per pulse: 20/25/30/35/40 (+10%)
    Slow: 40%

Cooldown: 100s
    Cost: 80/90/100/110/125 mana

I thought that I may as well give the stacks from Hunger for Passion another purpose, and this is it. I made sure to set the damage very low, just to ensure that Amatsu-Mikaboshi wouldn't deal thousands of health in damage to one target just because they couldn't escape for whatever reason. The time allotted for the ability also isn't enough to allow all of the stacks to be spent on one player, so there's that.

Note: Yes, I know that this is very similar to Zhong Kui's ultimate. Please, kill me now.
    Also, Amatsu-Mikaboshi is slowed by 10% during this ability, but may still move.
    Last edited by Pokechu212; 03-03-2016 at 05:46 AM.

Achievements:
    Bump, I probably should have mentioned this earlier but feedback would be appreciated

drinking with Ymir and the FG in the jungle
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 644
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Veteran
    not much for feedback but i did visit a forum that drew him out like this. And it would be a kick ass way to put him in smite.

"Take all the time you need. For if we never take time, how can we have time."

- Chen Stormstout

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by xblackfriday View Post
    not much for feedback but i did visit a forum that drew him out like this. And it would be a kick ass way to put him in smite.

Lol that's where I got the info for the lore from. Everything else talked about his marvel counterpart. It looks cool, but with the way his passive works and all, it would be a little weird.

Achievements:
    Bump of Justice

Achievements:
    Bump of Please

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I think his healing is a little too strong. 80% of his HP? Damn dude.

Even this "Damage/Healing per Tick: 10/20/30/40/50 (+10% of your physical power) " From Arachne's one heals her for quite a bit with just landing two AAs

Other then that, he seems cool. Nox needs a partner.
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Azilo View Post
    I think his healing is a little too strong. 80% of his HP? Damn dude.

Even this "Damage/Healing per Tick: 10/20/30/40/50 (+10% of your physical power) " From Arachne's one heals her for quite a bit with just landing two AAs

Other then that, he seems cool. Nox needs a partner.
    His heal doesn't recover 80% of his health, it recovers 80% of the damage he deals to an enemy. I still probably should lower it to 70 or something.