Thread: Alpha - Frequently asked questions

Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!

Answered: Alpha - Frequently asked questions

How do I get into the Alpha?

During our Alpha phase we will be distributing alpha access codes randomly to users. If you would like to opt in for a chance to join the Alpha Test, you can do so here.

I already have a Alpha/Beta key, how do I use it?

1. Turn on your PlayStation® 4, and log into your PlayStation® Network account.
    2. Enter the PlayStation® Store.
    3. In the left hand menu bar, scroll to the bottom and select “Redeem Codes.”
    4. Enter your Access Key, click Continue, then confirm your free download of SMITE.
    5. Have fun!

Why is Smite coming to the PS4?

SMITE has been popular on both PC and Xbox One and making the game available on PS4 has been frequently requested by the community. SMITE uses a “3rd Person” camera, while traditional MOBA games play with the "above the map" isometric camera angle. The difference between the two is MASSIVE. It makes SMITE ideal for a console controller.

Does the game offer tutorials for those new to Smite and MOBAs in general?

Yes, the game has tutorials and we also offer practice mode for each game type where you play against bots. You can also team up with a co-op buddy to take on bots together.

Will it be on the same patch schedule as the PC version?

During the Alpha and Beta periods we will typically be about 1 month behind the PC version. Once we launch we will be working to be as close as possible to the PC version, most likely staying 2- 3 weeks behind.

Will the friend referral system be on PlayStation?

The Friend Referral system will be in place during our Open Beta phase.

Have you considered cross-platform play?

While technically possible, it’s not in our current plans.

Will there be PlayStation exclusive skins?

Yes! We're introducing World's Collide Odin, Kuku 4, and C4codemon Ymir as exclusive Playstation skins. World's Collide Odin can be unlocked by linking your PC and PS4 accounts. Kuku 4 is unlocked for Playstation Plus users and C4codemon Ymir is a part of the Playstation Founder's Pack.

Will my data carry over from Alpha and Beta to Launch?

Yes, there will be no data wipe.

Will it be playable outside of the US?

Yes. Players will be able to choose to play on either Sony America or Sony Europe regions.

Will there be an account copy from my SMITE PC account to my PlayStation 4 account?

We are actively working with Sony to determine whether this will be possible.

Will I be able to link and copy my account from my SMITE Xbox account to my PlayStation account?

No, you will not be able to link or copy your SMITE account from Xbox to PlayStation.

Can I buy gems in Alpha?

In game purchases of Gems and the Founder’s Pack will start soon!

What is the Founders pack?

The Founder’s Pack unlocks all current and future gods, and also contains 400 Gems, the Exclusive Ares “Soldier of War” skin, and the Limited Ymir “C4codemon” skin, all for $29.99. It is available for a limited time to players who help test SMITE on PS4 during the alpha and beta. The Founder’s Pack will be discontinued shortly after the official PS4 launch, later this year.

What does it mean when Skins are "Limited", and "Exclusive"?

“Limited” means that it will never be used or sold again, so the only way to ever get the Limited Ymir “C4codemon” skin is to get the Founder’s Pack.

“Exclusive” means that the skin will never be sold directly, although it could be given out for promos, such as at an event, or potentially used in treasure chests at some point in the future.

How much does the Founders pack cost?

The Founder’s Pack is $29.99 / €29.99 / £20.99, which is the same price as the standalone Ultimate God Pack.

How do I get the Founders pack?

To purchase Gems and the Founder’s Pack, visit the “Store” from the SMITE home screen menu. You can then select either the Founder’s Pack or the Gems you wish to purchase.

When can I purchase the Founders pack?

The Founder's Pack will be available soon. Check out www.smitegame.com for updates.

What will happen if I already purchased gods on PlayStation with favor?

We are retroactively rewarding Favor spent on Gods for people who have purchased the Founder's Pack.

Can I purchase the Ultimate god Pack separately?

Eventually you will be able to buy the standalone Ultimate God Pack on Playstation, but since it’s included in the Founder’s Pack already, for the same price as the Ultimate God Pack, there’s no reason to offer it separately at this time.

How do Hi-Rez promo codes work?

If you are lucky enough to get a Hi-Rez promo code for a free item in SMITE on Playstation, you will be able to redeem these in the Marketplace as well. We give these codes away at events like PAX, or often through our Twitter and Facebook feeds. If you do get a Hi-Rez code, make sure it’s for the Playstation version of SMITE--Hi-Rez codes for the PC game won’t work in the PS4 version at this time. You can tell that a code is for Playstation if the first 3 characters are PS4.

Do I need PlayStation plus to download and play SMITE?

No! You can download and play SMITE without having PlayStation Plus.

Will I be able to transfer/copy ANY data from Xbox to PlayStation?

No, there will be no form of transfer/copy between the two platforms.

Do I need PlayStation Plus to play SMITE on PS4?

No, you do not need PS Plus to play SMITE.
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

Goodbye Smite forums <3

2. Best Answer - Posted by Dmantakae
    Can be found here -- http://www.smitegame.com/ps4-faq/
    Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Can be found here -- http://www.smitegame.com/ps4-faq/
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

Goodbye Smite forums <3