Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why are guardians allowed to buy damage items?

New Member Cupidhead Frostbyte549's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 377

Why are guardians allowed to buy damage items?

I have ran into some occasions where guardians just become completely broken. Even though everyone was saying "Oh guardians are getting nerfed, all defense items are getting nerfed like crazy". No more tank meta. Bull shit. I have had many many matches lately where tanks do more damage than any mage on my team or the enemy team. 4 matches in a row last night where different people built Ymir damage. Ymir has insane fucking Utility in his kit. Why in the fuck should he be allowed to deal all that damage? Not only that but when he gets Spear of Deso, Tahuti, Pen boots, and thoth. And actually 1-shots me as rama...I am like "wut the fuck". I kept forgetting to take a screeny. But i got one finally after remembering.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=633362539

XD 1 fucking ability does 1082 damage? Umm that hits harder than scylla's 2. Max Rank.

That is utter bullshit for a guardian to be doing that much damage yet be tanky as fuck. He had 2 phys defense items and 4 pure dmg items. Making him practically unkillable for me. I had 100% pen just for him and yet still did nothing to him. I know how to play rama as I am a rank 10 with over 2k kills and 1.5k assists.

Solution : Remove damage items from guardians shop list.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbyte549 View Post
    Solution : Remove damage items from guardians shop list.
    No .

explain.

please explain why a tank should be allowed to deal more damage than a mage in one ability and be 3x tankier?

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbyte549 View Post
    explain.

please explain why a tank should be allowed to deal more damage than a mage in one ability and be 3x tankier?
    Explaination:
    IF Hi-Rez would do that than all Carrys,mages and assas aint allowed anymore to buy def and health items because they are not meant to be the tanks.

Its the same logic.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Actually its not. Have you ever seen an adc go full tank and actually do something? Have you ever seen a mage go full tank and actually do damage? Hell no dude. Yet when a tank has built-in defense and health that is superior to other roles, building damage makes them even more superior. Yet I still have to ask if you have even seen the SS that I took of ymir dealing 1082 damage in one ability. Not even that, but the ymir didn't have to go full damage and could just get the new spear and tahuti and will still deal a retarded amount of damage. All I'm saying is someone with that much utility and that much built in health and defense should not be allowed to deal that much damage. That is an extreme exploit IMO. Please understand that I was rama, about to finish my build. He could literally face tank me while I was hitting nearly every single basic on him. Yet he can just walk up to me, freeze and use his 2 and kill me? How is that even fair? Since when should a tank be allowed to out damage any adc? Never. The shit is broken and is getting out of control.

I'll add this in as well. https://youtu.be/G91EP7xzhOg?t=1395

Not much more to be said and I'm not the only one seeing it as well.
    Last edited by Frostbyte549; 02-28-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 876
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran
    Guardians aren't suppose to be killed in duel... Well, actually they get rekt in this game and it's stupid. In other mmo you're supposed to run if a tank come at you when you're alone...

And don't forget they removed Shield of Underworld. In S2 it was a really good way to rip apart hunters and sins.

You do understand that it didnt matter the engagement, the Ymir knew that he could easily kill me and I was a huge player for my team in terms of DPS. There were a few occasions where he would just ignore my teammates and go straight for me. Anyone with a brain bigger than an acorn would have known to kill the adc when they deal that much dmg.

Junior Member Cupidhead TheGeneralLuBu's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Then you should have sold Titan's Bane and got a magical defensive item. If he's going damage build then penetration wont help you much, but reducing 1000 damage certainly will.

Besides you had Odin on your team, executioner would have been better than Titan.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarou View Post
    Explaination:
    IF Hi-Rez would do that than all Carrys,mages and assas aint allowed anymore to buy def and health items because they are not meant to be the tanks.

Its the same logic.
    Agreed, I'm all for building tank for tanks when needed, but being a guardian isn't the safest option when they're left with little escape and no back-up in close quarters. Taking away dmg, well, you know the phrase 'fight fire with fire'? This would take away their fire.

It's all well and good suggesting they're broken (I don't think so), but that way of fixing it would only make it worse.
    I used to be on Lionhead Forums, and now I'm here (RIP old Fable).

I play guardians and mages on Arena.

Come and find me there sometime

Hunter Mage Guardian Assassin Warrior
    Apollo Aphrodite Sobek Awilix Guan Yu
    Ah Muzen Cab Chronos Khepri Bastet Tyr
    Neith Chang'e Athena - Osiris
    - Janus Bacchus - -

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,505
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Just give guardians high base damage and low scaling so they can't profit as well off of glass-cannon builds and retaining their innate defenses. This would force bruiser or tank builds to be better on them, and reduce the potency of getting items like Spear of Desolation or Tahuti.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.