Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So... is crit really out of the meta now?

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 735
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter Veteran 5000 Experience Points

So... is crit really out of the meta now?

I keep seeing people in my games forgo crit for AS and pen items, and was just told that crit is no longer viable because of the Rage nerf. Which... doesn't make much sense. The rage nerf wasn't THAT bad, I don't think, and how would nerfing one item completely invalidate crit as a source of lategame dps for ADCs?
    Yog-Sothoth spells its name how it damn well pleases. It's an Outer God, after all. I definitely didn't forget how to spell it when making my account.

Senior Member Prestigious SweetSolanaceae's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    I mean they pretty much forced more crit into the game by adding another option and changing some things.

I don't know why people ignore crit though, like I'm seeing AMC's build Qin's over crit and we all know how disgustingly good AMC is with DB + another crit item.
    "...suck the juicy bits..."

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 735
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSolanaceae View Post
    I mean they pretty much forced more crit into the game by adding another option and changing some things.

I don't know why people ignore crit though, like I'm seeing AMC's build Qin's over crit and we all know how disgustingly good AMC is with DB + another crit item.
    My thoughts exactly, but nobody seems to think it's worth buying anymore. I don't get it. I was told that rather than getting Crit on Rama, I should go full pen with Qin's because that does more DPS. I don't understand how completely avoiding crit increases your damage.
    Yog-Sothoth spells its name how it damn well pleases. It's an Outer God, after all. I definitely didn't forget how to spell it when making my account.

Senior Member Prestigious SweetSolanaceae's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by YogSoggoth View Post
    My thoughts exactly, but nobody seems to think it's worth buying anymore. I don't get it. I was told that rather than getting Crit on Rama, I should go full pen with Qin's because that does more DPS. I don't understand how completely avoiding crit increases your damage.
    It doesn't.

Lux did some math and showed that crit is superior to a now popular Qin's.

And it's worth buying still, if really behind maybe not, but that's about it.
    "...suck the juicy bits..."

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Im still going with the crit build
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    Trying new builds, I am trying builds over and over, to find the good ones, also season 3 brough diversity, one set of build won't work every game which is a great thing.

In the Crit matter, Crit helps your survivability stronger since you can deal a good amount of damage with fewer hits in a shorter time but crit w/o utility is not so good, as utility w/o crit is alsi not good.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Crit is still far superior, just build db + malice instead of db + rage, very baysic and simpou.

Banned Prestigious Fusionsamurai's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Qins is a great build. Both are viable and do shitloads of damage. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Neither is truely superior, and that is the glory. One hunter build doesn't work now. You'll see more diversity, as it should be.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    More ATK Speed, Pen and Power gives you more Tower Push than crit does since you can't crit them.

The crit build takes a lot of time and gold to come online. Rage + DB together goes for how much these days, 5800? Malice/Deathbringer for 6200?

For the same amount of gold and time spent, you can get 3 good ATK Speed/Power/Pen Items instead which also give you more reliable results.

I do think that this is more of a conquest thing though. In secondary game modes with higher gold income, crit is still very much present.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    For Assassins and Warriors, it also needs to be added that almost all of them who rely on basic attacks also have started building Stone Cutting Sword. Another expensive Item which gives more useful and reliable stats overall than crit while costing about the same.

Stone Cutting Sword is probably one of my favorite Items this patch because it helps a lot of gods that were not viable before while also being a huge "Fuck you" to hunters.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!