Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: An idea for a new Nu Wa ultimate

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class

An idea for a new Nu Wa ultimate

"What's wrong with Nu Wa's ultimate?", some of you may be asking. "It's only a finisher, doesn't do any real damage (at least earlier)." Well, lemme use some fiction to illustrate. Suppose you're a professor in Game Design College. Your test is asking your students to design an ultimate ability for a MOBA. John Doe McStrawman comes up with "press a button to damage all enemies". What's your score?

The currrent Nu Wa's ultimate is not only cheesy, but lame, lazy and a scrub-bait ("Oohhh nice, I want free kills!"). But yesterday I've had a better idea. I'm keeping spirit of it being global and a finisher. Just making it take some effort and look awesome while we're at it.

1) It starts by Nu Wa taking off, as she does now.

2) Instead of hurr-durr damaging everyone, beacons, in the form of stars, appear on top of every enemy player's current location, drawing a pretty constellation in Smite's sky.

3) Nu Wa then can choose any of them with M1 or just cancel with M2 and land where she started. Should she choose to move, she flies there very fast, reaching the other side of the map, if it's the case, in less than one second. I imagine woosh lines drawn in the sky.

3) When she's at a beacon, she can attack the ground with a round area targeter, about the size of second Rama's shot (but we can discuss that). She has limited reach in that and the enemy can kite - remember that the beacon doesn't move, it's placed on the enemy's position when she started. Nu Wa does that by taking the nearby beacon's star and throwing it at the ground.

4) Naturally, the attacks are stronger than her current ultimate. I imagine something around 1000 damage at level 20 for all 3.

5) If she cancels with M2 before 3 attacks, she may opt to move to another beacon. Cancelling twice lands her at her current location. Attacking or moving consumes one of her 3 charges. So she can move once and attack 3 times, move twice and attack twice, or move 3 times and not attack at all.

6) Nu Wa lands at a position nearby the current beacon, decided by the closest point to where she started at the limit of her attacking range. Unused beacons fall harmlessly to the ground, twinkle twinkle little star.

7) This is all time-limited. Not sure about the right numbers, but we can't allow her to be in astronaut mode for 20 seconds. Maybe something like 3s for each trip.

What do you think? Yes, it gives Snake Lady a real global presence, but at some considerable risk.

TL/DR: read the numbers yo lazy ass!
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 02-19-2016 at 08:49 AM.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Senior Member Honoured Denniswenger's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Yay, a mini-game!

Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Ooookay.... maybe if I called you scrubs and proposed to remove Sylvanus from the game because he's OP?

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    Ooookay.... maybe if I called you scrubs and proposed to remove Sylvanus from the game because he's OP?
    You're tempting me.

Senior Member Honoured Denniswenger's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    Don't push it.

But yeah, I kind of like the idea. I agree with her current ult being very boring. The only fun thing about it is that you can apply effects on all enemy gods, like Gem of Iso, Spear. Though there are in Smite too few items of this type so it kind of falls short.

Are your suggestion that she in conquest basically can go to any enemy on the map? There are no limit to how far it reaches?
    Can she go back to the starting point or will she have to land at an enemy?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Denniswenger View Post
    Don't push it.

But yeah, I kind of like the idea. I agree with her current ult being very boring. The only fun thing about it is that you can apply effects on all enemy gods, like Gem of Iso, Spear. Though there are in Smite too few items of this type so it kind of falls short.

Are your suggestion that she in conquest basically can go to any enemy on the map? There are no limit to how far it reaches?
    Can she go back to the starting point or will she have to land at an enemy?
    It can go anywhere on the map, but only on enemies and she can't return. She has to land near (not on) an enemy, going back a little in the direction where she came from.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    Don't try to fix what is not broken.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 991
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    Don't try to fix what is not broken.
    There's quite a big difference between fixing something and changing something, for better or for worse.

He's merely suggesting an alternate idea for the Ult, which while complex, seems like fun akin to Nezha's Ult.

Also, nobody likes a skill-less ability, in any game, no matter what. It's a nice idea, all in all.
    Art is merely an extension of our imagination. A true artist imagines more than they draw, write, or even play; art may cause a revolution, but imagination causes the uproar.

~Gray

Sometimes I think God gave some people too many Lemons, as their just becoming way too pissy.

Hundun, the Faceless Beast God Concept

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Give her Sol's ult, change it to fireballs instead of laser beams (she has a stun to combo it with so it would actually work on her).

Give Sol a new ult that actually works with her kit.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Graysmog View Post
    There's quite a big difference between fixing something and changing something, for better or for worse.

He's merely suggesting an alternate idea for the Ult, which while complex, seems like fun akin to Nezha's Ult.

Also, nobody likes a skill-less ability, in any game, no matter what. It's a nice idea, all in all.
    Nu Wa's Ultimate is not as skill-less as people make it to be. It requires timing and coordination to use to be effective and its not necessarily a damage-oriented ability, since it has its reveal potential. Changing an Ultimate that is perfectly effective, not bad in any way, and unique just because a few ignorants call a "skill-less" abilty is not a good thing. Nu Wa is to be left the way she is, thats how she is good.