Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Season 3: What do you think of global ultimates?

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,382
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran

Season 3: What do you think of global ultimates?

Do you consider them unbalanced? Unfair?

Or they are OK?

If you wanna change them, how?

LOL started to get rid of some of them as they were considered easy, cheesy spells. Press one button, heal or dmg anyone or teleport from a far.

In Smite, We have Nu Wa, Neith, Xbla, You can consider Apollo, since he can travel as long as he got mana. If missed anyone, name them.

Don't freak out, it is not that op thread, qq for nerf. we are not judging, we are talking. We don't ask for anything yet till we get something outta the discussion, for a time I wanted to see your opinions and now when big changes are happening, it is a good time I think.

I feel like in the Smite which almost eveything is a skillshot, it can be against the nature of the game, the ultimate doesn't need to be so strong or weak, or can be countered or not, the nature of skill shot from a short or long distance has been ignored some how. For example, while they are not leaving their lane, they can gank, effect, get a kill or assissits w/o risking to lose farm or tower, while other gods need to move to do so.

If I wanted to fix:
    From all of them, I hate Xbla's more, it has no counter and it is global, It should be considered a hard cc and beads or magi should remove the darkness, it is kinda similar to Nocture, 1st phase of his ult, Purification could remove the effect as it was considered a hard cc. It also should have a long distance, not to be global or at least shouldn't gain him assists from across the map.

Nu Wa, it needs to have a long distance, not to be global, but it can reveal every enemy gods in game, even invisible ones for a longer duration. The revealing shouldn't give her assists. Aegis nerf is actually good for her, glad it happened.

Neith should have a long distance, it is like Cait from LOL, when she is aiming to charge, damage and distance can get stronger and longer, and when it locked and released then no running outta range from it.

I feel like Apollo needs more Mana drain on his ult on late ranks.

Well. It was my thread about them, what do you think? It is open to all opinions but the toxic ones :d

Thanks.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Depends on the definition, really there are only 2 global ults. Neith and nu wa. I have more of a problem with thanatos and thor ults. Being able to gank from half way across the map without warning is so strong. I at least get warning from Neith and nu wa.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 3,201
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Janus ult needs to be like 180 cooldown.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    You do get warnings from Thanatos and Thor. The sounds they make when they come to kill you. That's why when I see their asses in the air or indication that they are ulting via in-battle or wards. I wait for that sweet moment before they land.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious NecroPheonyx's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    Depends on the definition, really there are only 2 global ults. Neith and nu wa. I have more of a problem with thanatos and thor ults. Being able to gank from half way across the map without warning is so strong. I at least get warning from Neith and nu wa.
    Technically there is only two, but it's Xbalanque and Nu Wa. I think the ults should stay the same, their perfectly fine where they are.
    Last edited by NecroPheonyx; 02-18-2016 at 01:34 PM.
    Note to self, bring home bones of enemies for Cerberus to chew upon.

Hades for President!

Cerberus concept.

Join the The Smite Discord! Anyone is welcome:

https://discord.gg/DVySbuH

Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    Janus ult needs to be like 180 cooldown.
    Shoot, forgot about him lol.

I also suggest, there will be a limit to the allies who can use the portals, like 2 or 3.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    You do get warnings from Thanatos and Thor. The sounds they make when they come to kill you. That's why when I see their asses in the air or indication that they are ulting via in-battle or wards. I wait for that sweet moment before they land.
    Also their travel has a duration.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Did everyone here forget athena?

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    I have different opinions about different ultimates really.

Neiths Ultimate I am mostly fine with because you still need to have actual vision on the target, which in a way either demands good positioning, good warding or good teamplay. It is also purely single target and has some way of counterplay to it by being able to body block it.

Nu Was Ultimate I am actually okay with as well. You need to have communication and observation in order to actually get a kill with it. The only thing I really dislike about it is that the damage, thanks to Mage Itemization, can be very high lategame. The CD is okay, but I feel like this ability should have slightly higher base damage but no scaling. Or lower scaling.

Athenas Ultimate against demands communication and teamplay, has a high cooldown and at least the offensive nature of the ability can be countered by controlling the target.

Xbalanques Ultimate I am actually much less okay with than most. The chaos created by the darkness paired with the fact that there is no way to actually counter it is heavily underrated and has been the cause for a lot of lost (and won) teamfights for me. Especially in coordinated groups, the effect is massive. The chance of a stun is actually just a nice side benefit. When you describe a global 1.5 stun chance as "nice side benefit", you know that you are on something big. I heavily dislike how the rank progression of this ability works though. I hate ultimates that you don't want nor need to rank up past 1. Having the cooldown go down from 110 to 90 like some others while also giving it other benefits (scaling stun duration per rank perhaps) aside from just increasing movement speed are things that I would like a lot.

Apollo can bite my ass. His ultimate is stupid. He can be whereever he wants to be whenever he wants to be there or he can decide to not be there whenever he pleases. The only good thing about this is that it comes on a long cooldown. I would love to see a MUCH shorter maximum duration on this. That would also fix it for these infinite mana conquest MOTDs.

Janus Ultimate does way too much for a 90 second ultimate. CC immunity, insane damage from across the map, groupwide movement speed for quick rotations, initiations and escapes, the speed boost is free on the house as well. This ultimate needs a huge ass cooldown. And I really men huge ass cooldown. Starting by Starting at 120 to 150 seconds. I may be somewhat biased here because Janus is one of my if not the most hated god in the game on my part, so take this with a grain of salt, but really, this god and this ultimate are not okay.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 233
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Nuwa's is pretty underpowered. It doesn't do a ton of damage.

Xbal's doesn't damage, but it's perfect for engaging.