Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ideas for Nox

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    What Nox says in her VEG? "I'm perfect in every way." Don't touch my goth milf.

She's the scariest god in the game, which fits her lore - it states that Zeus fears her and yes, he does. As long we're talking about a single god. The only other mage which is more single-targeted than her is Ao Kuang, which is just an assassin who does magical damage. (Hunter-mages doesn't count, because they can change targets at any time.)

Scylla has nothing to do with it. Scylla is an area mage who can hurt many people at once and single out one by one in her ultimate. She can make Crush explode at any time, making it an area poke which Syphon Darkness absolutely isn't. Scylla can also lock many people at the same time, given levels. What Scylla can't do is preventing someone from counter-attacking her or using a CC-immune ultimate. That's why Nox, not Scylla, is the prime counter-caster. And why she gets more damage from her lock-circle combo than Scylla.

That's also the reason why Nox, not Scylla, is feared so much individually. She wants you dead, and she has the skills, oh, yes, you'll be dead. But she's not pentakill material.
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 02-18-2016 at 08:30 PM.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,505
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    What Nox says in her VEG? "I'm perfect in every way." Don't touch my goth milf.

She's the scariest god in the game, which fits her lore - it states that Zeus fears her and yes, he does. As long we're talking about a single god. The only other mage which is more single-targeted than her is Ao Kuang, which is just an assassin who does magical damage. (Hunter-mages doesn't count, because they can exchange targets at any time.)

Scylla has nothing to do it with. Scylla is an area mage who can hurt many people at once and single out one by one in her ultimate. She can make Crush explode at any time, making it an area poke which Syphon Darkness absolutely isn't. Scylla can also lock many people at the same time, given levels. What Scylla can't do is preventing someone from counter-attacking her or using a CC-immune ultimate. That's why Nox, not Scylla, is the prime counter-caster. And why she gets more damage from her lock-circle combo than Scylla.

That's also the reason why Nox, not Scylla, is feared so much individually. She wants you dead, and she has the skills, oh, yes, you'll be dead. But she's not pentakill material.
    I suppose if you look at it that way, I was a bit too scathing about Nox's kit. I still think her passive should get replaced, though, like an enemy that was locked gets affected by it for 3s. Her current passive is pretty generic and can get removed easily.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Tobasaurus's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    it was basically love at first sight when i got into smite, i said "that will be the god i mainly play." that was before the rework and after it i still like it even though i did have to face the fact that she was basically scylla now. The passive is quite brilliant, the 1 being a clear move is what i wanted since the rework, but i think having the root be like it is now when inside siphon darkness would be cool, and then basically having it act like piercing cold when outside it. I gotta say though, i really love riding in peoples ults and back to base without fear (unless my allies do something stupid and give them a double kill) so i would keep the 3 how it is. I don't like to think of nox as a scylla derivative either because she is just too damn cool of a personality. Nice idea, i really agree with that one other guy that back to antimage should be left to a new god, but what you have here is not bad in the slightest.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 816
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Eeek a necromancer, quick kill it with fire!

Oh and i like Nox, so leave her alone please

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    I must get in one last post before this thread closes.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts