Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How Would You Change Agni?

New Member Cupidhead Subzero008's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382

How Would You Change Agni?

What would YOU change about Agni, and why? Do you think he's balanced? Would you like some small quality-of-life change? If you would change anything at all about Agni, put it here.

Alternatively, use this survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G8HVS88

New Member Cupidhead Subzero008's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    I think he's just on the borderline of a bit too strong, mainly because of his dash. Here's the list of things that can stop it: Ring of Spears, Ice Wall, and Tectonic Rift (Pillars of Heaven and Shifting Sands can technically block him, but the chances of that happening are too low to be significant).There's not much counterplay options for a competent Agni mid laner.

I'd just remove the CC immunity on his dash. It'll still be the fastest dash in the game, and I doubt such a change would make him unviable or less fun to play.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Availa's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 74
    The width of the trail of fire he leaves behind on his dash should be increased. Even though damage isn't its purpose, it's difficult to get enemy gods with it. Its damage isn't exactly amazing either.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    He should be able to fire meteors at walls.
    My god balancing ideas #1 #2 OUTDATED
    My new item ideas
    My item balancing ideas

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I wouldn't change him a bit.

He's one of the most balanced gods in the game, if not THE most balanced.

Now, that may be biased coming from someone with an Agni avatar, but I stick to my point.
    ▲▲▼▼◄►◄► B A SELECT START

New Member Cupidhead Disasterology's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 343
    I think they should make his ult faster. It takes around 5 seconds for it to hit the ground and the enemies tend to get away. That's what I think should be done to improve Agni.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Not a fan of his 1 since it is basicly useless outside of the stun. Not sure what I would change about it.

Maybe build in some way to build up stacks for his passive?

Igniting the fumes could make his Dot passive be life instantly.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 575
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Agni The Improved God of Fire

Combustion: After using two abilites Agni is on fire granting him 10% dmg reduction.

Noxious Fumes: 70/140/210/280/350 dmg 50% magical power; Fumes spawn around Agni if he is on fire the fumes detontate causing Agni to burnout losing his passive. If used during Path of Flames the fumes will detonate and stop the dash.

Junior Member Cupidhead Onlycorndog's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    In my humble opinion, Agni doesn't have enough single target damage.
    [From here on I assume the player has build pure magical power and has reached the 900 maximum]
    Sure, his Flame Wave can deal 500+ damage (plus an extra 540 damage over 3 seconds from his passive) but it has an 11s cool-down without cool-down reduction.
    His Path of Flames is clearly more useful as an escape (or, more rarely, to chase down a fleeing enemy to secure a kill) than as damage.
    Noxious Fumes deals damage, sure, but it's only real use is to set up stuns from his other abilities.

However, his ultimate is clearly his most useful ability...
    Rain Fire can potentially deal 840 damage per meteor (plus that extra 540 damage over 3 seconds from his passive). It has no mana cost, and recharges every 20 seconds.

I believe that if Flame Wave did single target damage instead of in a line AoE, Agni would be more viable in 1 on 1 combat.
    However, where Agni stands now in the grand scheme of things, Agni ranks pretty low in my books because he has no reliable single target damage.
    His AoE damage is almost unrivaled (possibly only surpassed by Ao Kuang's Tornadoes) but his single target damage is almost non-existent.
    "It's not about finding the meaning of life, its about how each of us can give it one."
    -H.H Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Talking as an mostly Arena player here, I can't see Agni without CDR.

Using his Stun Combo to the max and getting as much Meteors as possible kinda defines his gameplay style for me. Also, you can't have enough escapes. I also like to combo his 1 with the Dash, since it can ignite it as well, something that not many people seem to capitalize.

At the end of the day though, it comes down to Agni only really having two damaging abilitys. If the Stun ignition or the fumes would deal more damage and/or slow, it would be a whole different story.