Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLution for Sol's passive.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran

SOLution for Sol's passive.

So, we all know that Sol was op after her reliase, she had insane damage from her 2 that proced poly, her pasive gives her insane boost to her aa, her 3 was best escape in game since she had immuniti to any movement penalty, slow and also when activated her 3 cleance root. She was magical adc with high mobility and also high burs damage, so nerfs was needed...

In first pach after her release Hi-Rez remove root cleance from her 3, it was needed. But now they made a mistake that ruin their chances to make her balanced and make her to be what they design her for - to be magical adc. Istead of her 2 that deal too much damage they nerfed her passive - the only thing that make her magical adc. After that Sol became some strange semi-adc semi-burst mage.

In second patch they slightly nerf her 2 slow, it wasn't nessesary since she wasn't magical adc anymore, her 2 was her main and almost only damage now.

In S3 patch they remove on-hit effect prom her 2, so now ability, that still counts and works as a basic attack don't proc Polynomicon and Demonic grip. May be it was needed, may be it was stupid way to nerf her 2, because they didn't change her 2 mechanic and it still works as aa but somehow doesn't proc poly... problem is not this thing.

Sol's real problem that she made as aa oriented mage, but after nerf her passive she can't be aa oriented anymore, because her aa deal to low damage to be adc. Sol is third magical adc in game, other 2 is Chronos and Freya.

If you compare Chronos' aa damage to Sol's, you will see that his aa damage twice higher with same attack speed after he use his 2. Chronos also has stun, that helps him to land his aa and offencive ability that deal more damage than Sol's 2 after removing poly proc.

Comparing Sol with Freya in adc role is completely useless. Freya's 2+1 give her aa additional 40% scaling, so basicaly her aa deal some like half current Sol's 2 as bonus damage...

So, what is problem with Sol's passive right now?
    - her passive gives her % of current aa damage
    - in early game in-hand damage of mage's aa more than 20%(basic scaling) of mag power
    - in late game 20% of mag power twice higher than in-hand damage
    - % of current damage means she gets bonus that almost not depends of her mag power

So, her current passive give her aa high boost in early game, so she shreads towers faster than anyone in early game, and thats is problem. Also her passive gives her almost nothing in late game compared with Chronos, Freya, all hunters, that become much stronger in late game. So, adc its gods that much stronger in late game that in early... but Sol isn't.

I suggest:

Replase % of current aa damage in her passive to % of aa scaling with mag power. It will tune down her early game, but also give her massive boost of aa in late game, so Sol, designed to be aa oriented will become aa oriented as she should.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Senior Member Honoured crippler38's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    can you give a number? I mean it should be lower than chronos' by a bit just on the virtues that he can put his wheel on the wrong thing and his doesn't have an uptime that's basically the whole fight. And don't you say that sol's 1 doesn't fill it up super close to the top since it sooooo does unless I missed a nerf to that somewhere
    anyone can be wrong, nobody is right all the time

if you feel angry try to not blame others over yourself, and if you must don't bother them with it they'll do worse

Everything has counter play. Except Hi Rez, plz nerf.

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    She needs a complete rework.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by crippler38 View Post
    can you give a number? I mean it should be lower than chronos' by a bit just on the virtues that he can put his wheel on the wrong thing and his doesn't have an uptime that's basically the whole fight. And don't you say that sol's 1 doesn't fill it up super close to the top since it sooooo does unless I missed a nerf to that somewhere
    exact numbers its Hi-Rez job, if they change her passive like that they will change it with patches at least 2-3 times to make it fine in terms of balance anyway. but i think it should be some like 15-20% since Sol has no hard cc that easy to land, unlike Chronos, and her speed buff/fatalis is her only escape, unlike Chronos, who can still escape by his ult.

but again, exact numbers its Hi-Rez job.
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post
    She needs a complete rework.
    not nessisary, the passive is fine now and the 2 is still too much. Nerf the 2 abit more and just rework the ult, i would suggest something like a meltdown where she drops a huge explosion that damages all enemies around her getting stronger with how much higher her passive is stacked, at max passive it will push enemies additional damaging all that hit a wall. This is a stronger and more reliable ult then what she currently possesses.
    If at first you don't succeed, Try again later, then destroy the evidence that it was you who tried.

If you wanna see my God Concepts take a look here> God Concepts made by me

In game away from the forums I'm a healer main, this happened after support maining in season 1-2. Now I play adc, solo, support and jungle in conquest, but I'm still Forever a Healer.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhullar1 View Post
    not nessisary, the passive is fine now and the 2 is still too much. Nerf the 2 abit more and just rework the ult, i would suggest something like a meltdown where she drops a huge explosion that damages all enemies around her getting stronger with how much higher her passive is stacked, at max passive it will push enemies additional damaging all that hit a wall. This is a stronger and more reliable ult then what she currently possesses.
    Her problem is that she's got a really weird kit, and really weird kits are hard to properly balance by simply tweaking numbers a little.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post
    Her problem is that she's got a really weird kit, and really weird kits are hard to properly balance by simply tweaking numbers a little.
    yea thats why i gave my suggestion, the ult could incorporate better into her kit, the only things thats out of place is how her 1 has such a small range, with a huge AoE ult around her it would make it easier for her to use all her abilities in a nice manner, her 1 for a heal, her 2 for a snipe shot, her 3 for catching up then right before it goes onto aegis drop the meltdown ult i stated above in the middle of a team and ur golden.
    If at first you don't succeed, Try again later, then destroy the evidence that it was you who tried.

If you wanna see my God Concepts take a look here> God Concepts made by me

In game away from the forums I'm a healer main, this happened after support maining in season 1-2. Now I play adc, solo, support and jungle in conquest, but I'm still Forever a Healer.

Achievements:
    her passive is piece of shit now, because her aa damage bonus close to 0. Chronos' aa deal TWICE more damage with SAME attack speed, Freya... useless to compare. even AS Zeus right now is better in adc role than Sol, because after he place 3 charges he gets 90% bonus damage from his aa to that target, while Sol's passive gives her only 25%, regardless Zeus is ability oriented mage, while Sol is aa oriented.

her passive should give her more benefit for her aa since she has 1(one) offencive ability that was allfeady nerfed so she should follow up her 2 by her aa, but right now her aa is bullshit weak for magical adc.

ok, list of mage's regular abilities that deal same or more damage to single target than Sol's current 2:

Ah Puch's 2(3 copses) 580+85%
    Anubis' 1 - 570+240%
    Anubis' 3 - 340+140%
    Ao Kuang's 2 - 210+90%
    Aphrodite's 3 - 330+90%
    Chronos' 1 - 260+85%
    Hades' 3(with 1 detonate) - 285+120%
    He Bo's 1 - 290+80%
    He Bo's 3 - 280+85%
    Isis' 1(all 4 hits landed) - 460+160%
    Isis' 2(at max range) - 345+105%
    Janus 2 - 330+70%(without passive)
    Kukulkan's 3 - 250+75%
    Nox' 1 - 280+80%
    Nox' 2 - 370+100%
    Nu Wa's 1(with ticks) - 450+110%
    Nu Wa's 3(3 minions exploses) - 600+140%
    Poseidon's 3(all ticks) - 330+90%
    Ra's 1 - 330+70%(his 3 deal more than Sol's 2 too, but its hard to hold enemy inside for whole 6 sec duration)
    Scylla's 2 - 290+80%
    Vulcan's 1 - 240+80%
    Vulcan's 2 - theoreticaly infinite damage, 145+35% each shot, so 3 shots its 435+105%
    Zeus 1(bounce from sheild it will hit target at least twice) - 320+80% with 2 hits
    Zhong Kui's 1 - 300+75%

also Ymir's 2 - 370+70% and xing Tian's 1 190+60% + 12% of enemy hp(free Soul Reaver). they are guardians, but things getting even worst because of that...

so, we have 22 mages in Smite right now, including Sol, and 18 of them has at leas 1 regular ability that deal same or more damage than Sol's 2. but you know what? thay have at least one more offencive ability, unlike Sol...
    Last edited by BakaCircle9; 02-07-2016 at 01:13 AM.
    my YouTube channel

Achievements:
    Ah Puch's 2(3 copses) 580+85%
    -Whaaaat? Ah Puch does a lot of damage? Nawwww.

Anubis' 1 - 570+240%
    Anubis' 3 - 340+140%
    One is a self-root, 3 requires you be in it the entire time.

Ao Kuang's 2 - 210+90%
    Line ability. Easy to dodge.

Aphrodite's 3 - 330+90%
    Hard to confirm. Need to hit a line ability (kiss) to actually confirm damage because of its slow delivery.

Chronos' 1 - 260+85%
    Tiny aoe.

Hades' 3(with 1 detonate) - 285+120%
    Gotta be right up against them.

He Bo's 1 - 290+80%
    Gotta be right up next to them.

He Bo's 3 - 280+85%
    Tiny aoe. Though it's instant so it's still strong. So once again, He Bo does a lot of damage? WHAAAAT? That's crazy! You're crazy!

Isis' 1(all 4 hits landed) - 460+160%
    Stun her out of it or don't stand perfectly still and you're fine, lol

Isis' 2(at max range) - 345+105%
    Don't walk into her balls. Slow.

Janus 2 - 330+70%(without passive)
    Whaaaaat? Janus does a lot more damage than he should? Nawwwww.

Kukulkan's 3 - 250+75%
    Huge delay on cast.

Nox' 1 - 280+80%
    Nox' 2 - 370+100%
    Single-target damage.

Nu Wa's 1(with ticks) - 450+110%
    Need to specifically chase down her fog and stand in it the entire time, so it's your own fault if you're dumb enough for this to happen to you.

Nu Wa's 3(3 minions exploses) - 600+140%
    Relying on minion AI.

Poseidon's 3(all ticks) - 330+90%
    *stands in a ticking damage aoe the entire time*
    *complains that it does too much damage*

Ra's 1 - 330+70%(his 3 deal more than Sol's 2 too, but its hard to hold enemy inside for whole 6 sec duration)
    Slow line ability and ticking aoe.

Scylla's 2 - 290+80%
    Delay, and horrible early-game damage.

Vulcan's 1 - 240+80%
    It also doubles as his escape. Sol can deal her damage without blowing her escape in the process.

Vulcan's 2 - theoreticaly infinite damage, 145+35% each shot, so 3 shots its 435+105%
    Certain gods counter Vulcan to keep him in check. Poseidon whirlpool, He Bo 3, Isis spirit ball... gods that sacrifice utility and sustain for more damage basically.

Zeus 1(bounce from sheild it will hit target at least twice) - 320+80% with 2 hits
    Blah blah what blah blah does a lot of damage blah.

Zhong Kui's 1 - 300+75%
    Small line ability. Needs to get close for it to do much of anything. Need to build stacks to get close. Kill him with basic attacks before he builds stacks. ADCs counter him in mid-lane, though don't tell anyone I told you that.

Achievements:
    it was answer for this

read red text. only thing that Sol's 2 do is damage and useles 1.5 sec slow. so i just give him a list of regular abilities that deal same or more damage.

a fact that ability can be countered or have a limits(like Anubis' 1 selfroot) doesn't change the fact that it deal more damage. Sol's 2 easy to counter too, anything betwin you and her is allready counter her 2, if you close to her you allready can easy avoid her 2 because it detonates on max range only. Nu Wa can summon her soldiers and they block Sol's 2, Ah Musen Cab can place his hive, Ah Puch can drop corpses, Sylvanus can place his plant, Bastet cats... all this objests blocks Sol's 2.
    my YouTube channel