Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 69

Thread: The reason why developers frustrate players

  1. #11
    Senior Member Chosen Graysmog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Pyro Land
    Posts
    2,380
    10
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 991
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAeternalis View Post
    The dev team in smite legitimately knows nothing about the game.

    They've shown to be completely incapable of making a game balanced and fair to players.

    Smite simply needs another balance team - this game has had the worst balance of every moba ever since its release.
    *coughs* LoL *coughs*
    Art is merely an extension of our imagination. A true artist imagines more than they draw, write, or even play; art may cause a revolution, but imagination causes the uproar.

    ~Gray

    Sometimes I think God gave some people too many Lemons, as their just becoming way too pissy.

    Hundun, the Faceless Beast God Concept

  2. #12
    Banned Worshipper Blossipo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    350
    5
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 643
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    Rep Power
    0
    People who are frustrated about changes to the stats of gods, it's ridiculous. This is a very casual kiddie game, it's not comparable to something more serious. When I look at threads on here that complain about op gods I don't even read them, I assume they're 12 and out of sugar so they're becoming a bit whiny, needs mommy to buy them a candy bar.

    However those who look at the game as a whole and notice the big gameplay flaws I have no issue with. Basically what I suggest is for you to realize that the hi rez developers are milking you, making fools of you pretty much. You have no idea what this game would look like if hi rez didn't assume you were 12, which they do and which you make yourself look like with every post you make on here, despite the fact that most of you arein yours 20s.

    Look at the designs of the gods, look at the skins, do you think they've got 18+ people in mind when designing this game? No they assume you're 12, that is something I would take offense to if I were you, but you probably don't care, you love being perceived to be 12, or you have lots in common with 12 year olds.

    The developers are clever people and they're milking you real good, so enough bitching about them knowing nothing about the game, they're making the game for you, every move they make is strategically made to milk you a bit more on money.
    Last edited by Blossipo; 01-30-2016 at 01:33 AM.

  3. #13
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead IAmFromHOTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    87
    2
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    Bashing developers is never good. The only thing it achieves is making them stop reading the topic and ignoring whatever valid point you had.
    First of all devs don't actively read forums in any sense. You may get one or two that glance on forums but ultimately it is the community teams, that aren't programmers, that mediate (or are meant to) between players and project leaders. Devs have very little power in change when it comes to a game, they are literally worker bees who can program. Those IN CHARGE of decisions and what features will be added are almost always NEVER programmers, but this isn't always a bad thing.
    .
    Now as a game developer myself I am yet to see any enterprise (which HiRez is) change this model. There is often far too much politics and hierarchy in corporations, plus cowards unable to speak out, that prevents change. Lead designers and project managers tend to be the problem with changes and the ONLY feedback their interested in is from marketing or those high up (think directors / stakeholders) and ONLY when there is a PR disaster do other groups get taken into consideration. The point I am trying to make is yes devs shouldn't be blamed, those blaming devs likely are ignorant of software enterprise structures.
    .
    Saying all that, the direction, roadmap and goals of HiRez with respect to Smite are a joke and I am willing to bet in private devs actively working on the game would agree.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Hipsville 29 B.C.
    Posts
    3,383
    24
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmFromHOTS View Post
    First of all devs don't actively read forums in any sense. You may get one or two that glance on forums but ultimately it is the community teams, that aren't programmers, that mediate (or are meant to) between players and project leaders. Devs have very little power in change when it comes to a game, they are literally worker bees who can program. Those IN CHARGE of decisions and what features will be added are almost always NEVER programmers, but this isn't always a bad thing.
    .
    Now as a game developer myself I am yet to see any enterprise (which HiRez is) change this model. There is often far too much politics and hierarchy in corporations, plus cowards unable to speak out, that prevents change. Lead designers and project managers tend to be the problem with changes and the ONLY feedback their interested in is from marketing or those high up (think directors / stakeholders) and ONLY when there is a PR disaster do other groups get taken into consideration. The point I am trying to make is yes devs shouldn't be blamed, those blaming devs likely are ignorant of software enterprise structures.
    .
    Saying all that, the direction, roadmap and goals of HiRez with respect to Smite are a joke and I am willing to bet in private devs actively working on the game would agree.
    At least some of them actually do read and there's one active right now (CapsLock, which is the community and QA manager, but PonPon is always lurking). I think they like reddit because it auto-classifies the most read topics. And I know, programmers don't decide anything, that's for designers, answering to the higher ups. So even if a designer could agree that Kukulkan is bad, they would probably hear from the highers up that the numbers show him killing newbies left and right and making a god that kills newbies better is a way to lose them.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

  5. #15
    Senior Member Infamous Shaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,468
    22
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,494
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexEvilSnowman View Post
    C'mon people, flame at me.
    Burn baby burn, disco inferno!

  6. #16
    Senior Member Infamous Shaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,468
    22
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,494
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossipo View Post
    People who are frustrated about changes to the stats of gods, it's ridiculous. This is a very casual kiddie game, it's not comparable to something more serious. When I look at threads on here that complain about op gods I don't even read them, I assume they're 12 and out of sugar so they're becoming a bit whiny, needs mommy to buy them a candy bar.

    However those who look at the game as a whole and notice the big gameplay flaws I have no issue with. Basically what I suggest is for you to realize that the hi rez developers are milking you, making fools of you pretty much. You have no idea what this game would look like if hi rez didn't assume you were 12, which they do and which you make yourself look like with every post you make on here, despite the fact that most of you arein yours 20s.

    Look at the designs of the gods, look at the skins, do you think they've got 18+ people in mind when designing this game? No they assume you're 12, that is something I would take offense to if I were you, but you probably don't care, you love being perceived to be 12, or you have lots in common with 12 year olds.

    The developers are clever people and they're milking you real good, so enough bitching about them knowing nothing about the game, they're making the game for you, every move they make is strategically made to milk you a bit more on money.
    Main argument, the game doesn't look like giw I want it to look, anyone who likes it is 12, who gives a damn about balance when it doesn't look photorealistic.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Chosen EconomicSuicide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,350
    8
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfyre View Post
    People complain about alot of things. However i've played SMITE since beta and i have never had problems with hit boxes, I have never had any problems with people ever cheating. And again ALL MOBAS balance against their individual CONQUEST modes...

    You seem to complain just for the sake of complaining, you are also complaining about the MOTD which is just supposed to be a fun playable mode? And then assault...which is FULL RANDOM and is exactly the same as any other ARAM in the other games... I can't really take your posts seriously..

    The other modes are their for those of us that dont want to play Conquest, they dont have to be completely balanced to like playing them...
    Yeah right because some hit boxes aren't bigger than they appear and ne zhas hit box on his ultbis just perfect.

    And no, league banned select champions from the SRAM mode due to how cheeZe it was for fizz and Morgans to just do what they wanted. Tell me how fun is it for Loki to be able to be invisable the entire match with no real cool down. Or how fun it is for box to be constantly hard ccing a team. The modes aren't fun if you allow gods who would be broken to run rampant. In terms of assult, it can be random with rules to make it fair.

    Also are you saying a game mode doesn't have to be balanced to enjoy playing? Deep derp deep. Tell me how 1 sided games oftenly make a fun environment. It must be do much fun to get stomped or stump. Lost sheep eat glass because they are told

  8. #18
    Senior Member Infamous Shaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,468
    22
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,494
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfyre View Post

    You seem to complain just for the sake of complaining, you are also complaining about the MOTD which is just supposed to be a fun playable mode? And then assault...which is FULL RANDOM and is exactly the same as any other ARAM in the other games... I can't really take your posts seriously..

    The other modes are their for those of us that dont want to play Conquest, they dont have to be completely balanced to like playing them...
    While I do love playing assault, my problem with it is one hi-rez created themselves. There was a point in assault were it was still random but also structured. They had the formula right both teams for a guardian, mage, hunter, assassin/warrior, filler they mirrored each other with the roles but the player couldn't pick their god or their role, that was given at random. Then out of nowhere they stopped it.

    p
    Quote Originally Posted by EconomicSuicide View Post
    Also are you saying a game mode doesn't have to be balanced to enjoy playing? Deep derp deep. Tell me how 1 sided games oftenly make a fun environment. It must be do much fun to get stomped or stump. Lost sheep eat glass because they are told
    That's not what he is saying and you know it! You can't edit the numbers of any ability in this game, based on its effectiveness in any other mode and expect the change not to affect the god in conquest. They devs supposably balance around only conquest (and yet have hades a nerf because he was doing good in EVERY MODE), so all numbers and ability changes should be focused there, does this make some abilties broken in arena, yes. But to be fair, this is a base defense game, not a battle arena. If one person wants balance in a battle arena playing style, then they need to go play a battle atena focused game, not a base defense game.
    No matter what planet...
    No matter what galaxy...
    They always look up in wonder.
    Some fall to their knees in worship.
    Others hide behind walls and towers.
    But the thing they do best... is beg for mercy.
    It's just... adorable.

    Abandon hope all ye who reply to me!

  9. #19
    Senior Member Chosen EconomicSuicide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,350
    8
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    While I do love playing assault, my problem with it is one hi-rez created themselves. There was a point in assault were it was still random but also structured. They had the formula right both teams for a guardian, mage, hunter, assassin/warrior, filler they mirrored each other with the roles but the player couldn't pick their god or their role, that was given at random. Then out of nowhere they stopped it.

    p
    That's not what he is saying and you know it! You can't edit the numbers of any ability in this game, based on its effectiveness in any other mode and expect the change not to affect the god in conquest. They devs supposably balance around only conquest (and yet have hades a nerf because he was doing good in EVERY MODE), so all numbers and ability changes should be focused there, does this make some abilties broken in arena, yes. But to be fair, this is a base defense game, not a battle arena. If one person wants balance in a battle arena playing style, then they need to go play a battle atena focused game, not a base defense game.
    I hAve clearly stated all over the forums to ban select gods from select modes and then gives 3 bans for those modes per team. People don't read. Balancing doesn't only mean change numbers, you understand they removed items from assault that might give to big of an advantage? Why not the same thing with gods that can go invisable legit the entire game or others who can cc stun you the entire time.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Infamous Shaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6,468
    22
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,494
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by EconomicSuicide View Post
    I hAve clearly stated all over the forums to ban select gods from select modes and then gives 3 bans for those modes per team. People don't read. Balancing doesn't only mean change numbers, you understand they removed items from assault that might give to big of an advantage? Why not the same thing with gods that can go invisable legit the entire game or others who can cc stun you the entire time.
    There is a difference between not reading and purposely not really caring. I'm going to give it to you straight, and you can take it however you want to take it. Selective banning is not needed because the modes are not important, the modes are not important BECAUSE THEY AREN'T THE FOCUS OF THE FREAKING GAME! End of story, the fat lady is singing, Houston we have landed! Oh FYI, I was against them taking out items from any freaking mode, but hey you should be happy. You still have Arena and Assault in this game. Just like how I still have my favorite mode dom... oh wait, I don't still have domination...
    No matter what planet...
    No matter what galaxy...
    They always look up in wonder.
    Some fall to their knees in worship.
    Others hide behind walls and towers.
    But the thing they do best... is beg for mercy.
    It's just... adorable.

    Abandon hope all ye who reply to me!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •