Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3v3 joust synergy

New Member Cupidhead azure archer's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered

3v3 joust synergy

i am sorry in advance for the long text dump...

i am relatively new to smite and find that 3v3 joust is my go to game mode but i cant seem to find a god that is both easy to learn and works well in joust. If someone could give me a shortlist of about 3 or 4 gods and what roles they accomplish i would be most appreciative. Thank you in advance

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The main thing is find a god that you like to use and find the most effective way to use them. I would probably suggest arena to get the hang of the god (personal preference to learning a god).

I'm kind of bias because I run mage's nearly all the time when I play with friends and the only time I don't is if I'm playing league and don't get my preferred role or if I am mastering gods on double XP.
    One I would suggest is Ah Puch, he is extremely annoying for the other team to deal with due to it being one lane and the area that his move combo covers, at the start of the game to if you are first in lane his combo can lock the other team out of lane if they cleared camps so they have to go the long way around to lane. But if they purely focus you due to your lack of mobility and squishyness then you could be in trouble. He Bo, his poke is great and wave clear is not that bad either and in joust his alt is quite easy to land.
    Kuku like Ah Puch his whirlwind is annoying because mid/late game they clear the full wave of minions with no problems and cause a lot of damage to the other team, Alt is easier to land in Joust just unfortunate if the other team is paying attentions and mobile they can avoid it easier than He Bo's alt. Also Isis but that's probably because she is my Main god to use.

If you are playing with friends you can also find a team combo that works for you and your friends. One me and friends run is Cupid, poseidon and XT for the triple alt possibility.

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    3v3 joust is changing in Season 3 making many teams much more viable because it will allow you to take out a jungle creep to shut the towers off. Keep that in mind.

In S2, the meta is simple; have a good clear and be able to turtle better than the other guy. As such, your team comp needs to either stop turtling or be better at it than the enemy. The typical comp is someone with wave clear, a burst damage toon that can wave clear while your primary clear is away, and then a control character. There are two primary ways to build a team comp.

1. Force them to go behind their tower, and have someone attack them there. Ah Puch is good at that with his Ult. He can force the enemy team to leave the comfort of their tower where the other two guys on your team can finish them off. The trick is getting those two into position without AP dying in the process. Usually when the other two guys break off, it is a signal to dive Ah Puch but you can use that to bait them into diving you. You can also have AP go behind them and push them forwards. Either way he needs to be able to survive it, so it takes skill. Another less loved option is Kukulan. He can force them to move around more, but the area he can do it in is smaller.

2. Pluck them from tower (by FAR the most common idea). This usually consists of having guys capable of moving folks around be your vanguard. Sobek is the obvious one, followed by Xing Tian and Ares. All three of them are able to move people out from under a tower and put some hurt on. Less good options are Fenrir - he works, but beads are a thing and stop his pluck very well so only works at low levels mostly. Another fun one is Geb\Bacchus and Awilix - it also works with Sobek, so people just prefer Sobek for this. If you have an excellent Tyr he can push people from under too, although it is crazy hard to do. Khepri does not work for this since his abduct is so slow, but he works for other things - like your damage tower diving and then getting pulled out with his ult.

Now, once you have them out from under tower you need to keep them there. Gods like Neith with her root and burst damage (bomb) is great for keeping them out long enough to secure a kill. Medusa Ult can do it - in fact, you don't need to pull them totally out from under tower, just enough to be able to hurt them without taking a ton of tower damage. Athena+Medusa does that nicely. Odin is another option that is great, the problem is that it only works if the opposing team has no escapes. Most people will have escapes...

If you go the Geb\Awilix route, Geb can use his rolling form to knock people from out of tower while Awilix has her ult on cool down (just go behind the tower so you knock them forwards). You lose a ton of XP this way, but it is hella fun.

You can also go the opposite, and do super turtle. Ymir is great for that, since he can put up a wall against Sobek and Xing Tian. If someone is dumb enough to dive you, he can freeze them under tower and then wall them in.

Another option is the "spam minions and tower dive" approach. It is hilarious, because it will force the enemy team to back a lot for mana, and if you catch them on rotation you can go for a tower dive since they will likely need to use skills to clear all the junk you are throwing at them. A good line up for that is Nu Wa spamming her soldiers (alternate with the natural wave so they can't use their clear) and then throwing her mist on them; either take damage from the mist, or let the soldiers hit your tower. Then have someone like Arachne or Bastet throw minions as well. Arachne will have more minions, but Bastet's are much better (I suggest her, her poke is too good). Either way works though. Besically, you want to punish the enemy team for going after summoned creeps. Ymir or someone else with a good control effect can let the minions do a little extra damage, but I prefer someone like Xing Tian here.

So, team synergy....

Force Out:
    Ah Puch + two high damage dealers. An ADC plus a damage oriented guardian or warrior. I suggest a guardian for the control aspect, a warrior if you want more damage.

Pluck Out:
    Sobek, Xing Tian, or Geb + Awilix or Neith + Mage of choice: Janus, Ah Puch, Anubis, literally anyone with a high burst and\or some form of CC to tear them apart.

Turtle it up
    Ymir (or even more LOL - Chaac)+Neith+Zhong Kui is super troll, but won't win unless the enemy team quits or is very bad.

Overwhelming Odds
    Nu Wa+Bastet+A guardian of some kind. You can also use Odin here, and have him drop his ring around the minions to keep them from getting killed. You then force the opposing team to either clear on summoned creeps, or jump INTO an Odin cage...most people elect to not do that, especially since there will be Nu Wa mist chipping away at them, and Nu Wa can just blow the minions up for huge damage...and now they are stuck with no heals or escape...

Kill Them Under Tower
    Ymir or Athena + Medusa + high burst mage like Janus or Kukulkan (his ult can actually hit with that setup...) or Scylla, etc. This is where Khepri comes into play - remember, his Abduct is not the best, but his ULT is huge here. Have someone dive them (or just the tower, whatever). You know you are not getting out, so Khepri hits you with his ult and you teleport out to him. Win\win - they get hurt...you live to fight more. It needs a modicum of coordination, but it works.

These are just a couple of ideas. Some of these will work better against others so you will have various amounts of success with it depending on the opposing team. Somewhat like rock-paper-scissors, except that it is never that clear cut because skill is a large factor. Ideally, you want a team that can do multiple versions of this and adjust tactics based on enemy team. I suggest trying Xing Tian\Awilix\Nu Wa - that combo can pretty much do all of those strats, but is unfortunately not the best at any of them so will take extra coordination.

One last bit of advice...don't be afraid to jungle. Clearing camps denies the opposing team XP and buffs. Mana is the big one, since most clears require mana, which will make the enemy recall to get some, and you want to force a man advantage in that fashion. It also lets your two middle characters get more XP while the jungle gets to keep up by clearing camps. The enemy team will be splitting XP, and there will be less of it to split. The slight level edge might help more than you think.

Remember, all of this changes once season 3 starts (late Feb for Xbox).
    Last edited by RandomToon; 01-25-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Sudor's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    WE have been running a Kumba-Isis + Hunter (Neith works really well) with success basically a lot of CC in the team to frustrate the enemy and good damage.
    It may well be doubted whether human ingenuity can construct an enigma... which human ingenuity may not, by proper application, resolve

Achievements:
    what is turtling? i have heard the term but do not know what it is

Achievements:
    also are there any easy to play gods that just stay behind the team yet still help with damage

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by azure archer View Post
    what is turtling? i have heard the term but do not know what it is
    It is staying under tower and never fighting unless you are under it. Like a turtle, you inflict little damage, but are yourself highly resistant to it.
    You can do it if you have a clear that can kill creeps before they enter tower range. Neith 1 and a couple of basics on a brute, Ah Puch 1,2 combo, Janus, Loki decoy, etc.
    Basically, try and frustrate the opponent to the point that they try and fight you under your own tower, or force them to try and pluck you out and just be good at avoiding it. Then you have the tower help you fight them, which can lead to them dying pretty quickly at low to medium levels. Keep in mind that with season 3, they can shut your towers off...

Quote Originally Posted by azure archer View Post
    also are there any easy to play gods that just stay behind the team yet still help with damage
    Yes. Any hunter and pretty much any mage with a ranged kit (so, not Ao Kuang....probably not Hades in this case...MAYBE not Freya, etc.).
    Last edited by RandomToon; 01-26-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 904
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomToon View Post
    It is staying under tower and never fighting unless you are under it. Like a turtle, you inflict little damage, but are yourself highly resistant to it.
    You can do it if you have a clear that can kill creeps before they enter tower range. Neith 1 and a couple of basics on a brute, Ah Puch 1,2 combo, Janus, Loki decoy, etc.
    Basically, try and frustrate the opponent to the point that they try and fight you under your own tower, or force them to try and pluck you out and just be good at avoiding it. Then you have the tower help you fight them, which can lead to them dying pretty quickly at low to medium levels. Keep in mind that with season 3, they can shut your towers off...

Yes. Any hunter and pretty much any mage with a ranged kit (so, not Ao Kuang....probably not Hades in this case...MAYBE not Freya, etc.).
    that depends on the Hades...most people seem to run him either pure offense, or pure defense. And, in some cases, yes that is a good idea. My friend and I tweaked a build that is actually a hybrid. if paired with an Aphrodite who knows what they are doing and is building right, with say something nice to round off the team (a hunter, warrior, or assassin), it works generally well. Unless you run across modders/hackers, then your screwed.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    that depends on the Hades...most people seem to run him either pure offense, or pure defense. And, in some cases, yes that is a good idea. My friend and I tweaked a build that is actually a hybrid. if paired with an Aphrodite who knows what they are doing and is building right, with say something nice to round off the team (a hunter, warrior, or assassin), it works generally well. Unless you run across modders/hackers, then your screwed.
    Yeah, the question was specifically someone who stays in back. Hades kind of had to rush up to use his clear, so was the only reason I did not suggest him. I love me some Hades though, he is fun as heck. One thing worth noting is that in 5v5, Hades ult gets him killed since people can just turn around and fight him. In 3v3 it is more likely you will survive since they have quite a bit less damage with fewer people that can hit you.
    Last edited by RandomToon; 01-26-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead G-Wiz's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 31 days registered
    The god you pick is really all in preference. If you pick a hunter/mage you want to make sure you have a high sustain because backing every 30 seconds due to low health hurts your team and yourself as well as your missing out on creeps.

Some good gods for sustain:

Ah Puch-Mage (his passive allows him to regen health and mana from the corpses he throws out)
    Chaac-Warrior (has a built in heal that can also slow the opposing team
    Hercules-Warrior (has a personal heal/buff that makes him tough to kill)
    Aphrodite-Mage (her 3 heals her and anyone she's linked with)
    Hel-Mage (Hel is the queen of sustain)

There are other gods with great sustain, but for those that don't have it built in, there's items for that.

Hunters-Transcendence
    Mages-Book of Thoth/Warlocks Sash

But don't play gods based upon how long they can live. Find one's that you like to play as and master them.
    Party Member-"Why does my Kephri Ult never work on Xbox?"
    Me-"It's a known bug, they're working on it..."

Favorite Gods

Nox Ah Puch Artemis Scylla Chiron

http://smite.guru/stats/xb/GuerrilaBiscuit/summary