Thread: Can't connect to game (after god select)

New Member Cupidhead AgeOfPwn42's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Can't connect to game (after god select)

This has been a long standing problem of mine, but recently it's been happening all too frequently.

I queue up for a game, regardless of gamemode, and everything goes fine until it's time to enter the loading screen. I get to the loading screen and end up waiting a long time with no player loading in until I get kicked back to the main menu. I exit Smite, relog and simply cannot reconnect to the game that is in progress.

This often results in me receiving a deserter penalty and it's very frustrating when I really just want to play a game of Smite.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    It might be your virus protection blocking smite.exe as malware. I had this problem with Malwarebytes, but after making an exception for the exe, it hasn't bugged since.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    unfortunately it is not working as i have the same problem but i have no antivirus and all firewall settings were allowed and no need for exceptions , any other suggestions ?

Senior Member Chosen Konfuzfanten's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    You are not the only one.
    This is NOT want you want to hear.
    I got this bugged in May or June last year. Been in email correspondence with Hirez support ever since. And i can tell you that im not ONE step closer to getting my problem fixed. I have tried it all, clean installation of SMITE on a total clean computer with nothing but Windows 7+SMITE. Still got the problem. My theory is that certain games use certain ports on your computer, your computer might be blocking those ports so every now and again you get unlucky and get a game that goes through a blocked port.
    Ohh a way to avoid the deserter penalty is this:
    When you get the bug and kicked back to the main menu:
    1) go straight into a custom game
    2) create game
    3) pick joust 1v1
    4) start lobby, pick a bot
    5) start the game
    6) load in, surrender as soon as the game start.
    7) presto you can now join games and you dont get deserter penalty. But you do lose your good will when the bugged game ends.
    8) and yes that means you can "play"/be in multiple games on the same account. Dont ask me how.