Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Building up Bacchus

Banned Honoured Splifflord LaFleur's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Denniswenger View Post
    Jeez, you are extremely rude.
    Tell me where you get the 10 pen from? Void stone reduces 15.
    So the pen you get from Obsidian Shard will be one more against hunters than what Void Stone gives.

To get complicated though. If you have a team mate with you that uses Spear of the Magus, then Void Stone will give you more pen. But as long as this is just you against a hunter Obsidian Shard will give more than Void Stone.

My first post in this thread was 2 lines, go back and read it again (and actually comprehend it this time) and you'll see where I'm getting the 25 pen from.

I'll even do the math for you just so you don't bumhole it up again.

33% of 48 is 16 so you'd reduce them to 32 prots. Whereas if you build properly like I do you reduce them to 23 prots. Guess who does more damage?

It gets even funnier when you attack a mage who doesn't have scaling prots (aka pretty much all of them). You reduce their prots to 20 with Obs Shard (lol wackass item) while the proper build would reduce them to 5. Yet again resulting in you doing more damage with flat pen.

Senior Member Honoured Denniswenger's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Splifflord LaFleur View Post
    My first post in this thread was 2 lines, go back and read it again (and actually comprehend it this time) and you'll see where I'm getting the 25 pen from.

I'll even do the math for you just so you don't bumhole it up again.

33% of 48 is 16 so you'd reduce them to 32 prots. Whereas if you build properly like I do you reduce them to 23 prots. Guess who does more damage?

It gets even funnier when you attack a mage who doesn't have scaling prots (aka pretty much all of them). You reduce their prots to 20 with Obs Shard (lol wackass item) while the proper build would reduce them to 5. Yet again resulting in you doing more damage with flat pen.
    Well, when on phone it is harder to keep up with the posts. Are you always this rude to people?

True, then you have more pen, didn't see that you included the pen boots. I wouldn't build pen boots on him and you probably shouldn't to be effective with him, so I didn't even see the pen boots.
    With that low protections they'll have the 10 extra pen on the boots will make a lot less of a difference than 15% cdr.

I still agree on Void Stone being better overall due to him taking down protections on all around him, but in most cases HIS damage will be higher with CDR boots and Obsidian Shard. With the build I said (which is not valid for conquest) you will kill a squishy in one combo regardless and also the tanks.

I did some calculations and your build (the one with Soul Reaver) will not kill a Neith in a single combo, even if she didn't build any HP or defense. So if we are talking about killing the squishies, your build is not it. Also with the Obsidian Bacchus will do a significant ammount of damage on characters actually building protections, while the void stone will give him no damage against them at all. And as you said, mages ususally have even lower protections, but they generally build more HP, so even there your combo will not finish them off.

Your build is probably still the better overall build on him. So don't get me wrong. But if you want to have fun and build a damage Bacchus that will kill the backline and do huge amounts of damage to the frontline my build is going to do it.
    Last edited by Denniswenger; 01-21-2016 at 02:15 AM.

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Civility. Continue without the arguments.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 539
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Lvl X Bacchus here with 1800~ worshipers.

I main'd him as a solo and as a support (worked mid sometimes as well).

Offensive

1. CDR boots
    2. Book of Thoth
    3. Breastplate of Valor
    4. Soul Reaver
    5. Rod of Tahuti
    6. Polynomicon

Off-Def

1. CDR boots
    2. Breastplate of Valor
    3. Hide of the Urchin
    4. Gem of Isolation
    5. Bulwark of Hope
    6. Ethereal Staff

Defensive

1. CDR Boots
    2. Sovereignty
    3. Heartward Amulet
    4. Mail of Renewal
    5. Winged Blade
    6. Ethereal Staff

Bacchus is the most powerful guardian.

1 = great defense + adds stun to 3
    2 = Incredible damage + great range
    3 = Good amount of damage + stun
    4 = Great range + great damage + great CC

At full damage, he 1 shots an adc.
    At off-def, he half-hps an adc.
    At full def, he does enough damage to be disruptive and has great sustain.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,061
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Splifflord LaFleur View Post
    Build this:

Pen Boots - BoV - Hide - Void Stone - E Staff - Mail of Renewal or Soul Reaver
    I really like this, seems very well rounded and strong. It is certainly a very versatile build.

If you can shot mages with that you wont die either. Soul rever before renvewal seems like an option.

1. CDR boots
    2. Book of Thoth
    3. Breastplate of Valor
    4. Soul Reaver
    5. Rod of Tahuti
    6. Polynomicon
    That also looks intimidating if team has spear wow.
    Rocking the boat