Thread: Suggestion for a Purification Beads Nerf

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 803
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran

Suggestion for a Purification Beads Nerf

As you know, Purification Beads is likely the most common active to purchase. It's previously been nerfed because of its potency. However, it still remains to be the #1 purchased active. Of course, this is for good reason. Hard crowd control is also very strong, allowing even the most difficult abilities to hit with ease. This nerf isn't supposed to be seen as buffing crowd control, but obviously it will. It should, however, improve game play for any team going up against a beads heavy team.

Currently, there is such a mechanic that is called *Crowd Control Diminishing Returns*. This reduces the duration of sequential hard crowd control duration by -⅓ or -33% for a maximum of -⅔ or -66%. Abilities applied in succession are subject to this reduction if they are applied within 15s of each other.

I propose, however, that using any tier of Purification Beads will reset the user's crowd control diminishing returns state entirely. Thus, after the 1, 2, or 3s of CC immunity, a subsequent CC application will always be applied in full duration.

It's possible that this nerf could be extended to all abilities granting *full* CC immunity, but making this change specifically to Purification Beads should allow for more reliable crowd control (to those who can connect their abilities).

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I hope you're not serious. The game is far too much of a clusterfuck with the amount of CC that's in the game and nerfing beads will only make it worse. If anything, beads need a buff.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 538
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 31 days registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by EskwyreX View Post
    I hope you're not serious. The game is far too much of a clusterfuck with the amount of CC that's in the game and nerfing beads will only make it worse. If anything, beads need a buff.
    Agree, Beads needs buffed. Way to much hard cc in this game.
    Fun in Smite is:

Nemesis - Relentlessly slaying Guardians without mercy and with great prejudice.

GEB - Transformers are COOL.

Xbalanque - Just Pink Ward it.

SOL - This girl is on FIRE !

My IGN is Executioner and that link is my Smite Guru God page !

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Great suggestion. I would love to see either this or a reduction in the post-activation immunity duration. The item in itself is the most overpowered thing Smite contains right now, as it is core on 3, possibly 4 members of each team, which is roughly seven core beads a match, and if you like practical statistics, they're bought in 98% of all PVP matches.
    However, this cannot be done by itself. Other counters for CC need to surface, mainly the addition of a CCR stat item tree for both physical and magical gods, and a buff to Magi's Blessing.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 538
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 31 days registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Great suggestion. I would love to see either this or a reduction in the post-activation immunity duration. The item in itself is the most overpowered thing Smite contains right now, as it is core on 3, possibly 4 members of each team, which is roughly seven core beads a match, and if you like practical statistics, they're bought in 98% of all PVP matches.
    However, this cannot be done by itself. Other counters for CC need to surface, mainly the addition of a CCR stat item tree for both physical and magical gods, and a buff to Magi's Blessing.
    That immunity duration is op and also one of the only things that enables melee Gods to actually do there jerb (Nemesis perspective as always). A world without a way to protect Retribution (shield) or the 3 seconds of up time on a target that beads provides sounds like a very anti fun world for assassins.

Game does totally need more anti cc though.
    Fun in Smite is:

Nemesis - Relentlessly slaying Guardians without mercy and with great prejudice.

GEB - Transformers are COOL.

Xbalanque - Just Pink Ward it.

SOL - This girl is on FIRE !

My IGN is Executioner and that link is my Smite Guru God page !

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    I think that's because you're forced into buying Beads to counter the ridiculous amount of hard CC in game. If other CC counters were added, such as a CCR tree with other stats like pen/power etc were added then i'd be fine with a beads nerf. I am kind of tired of having to have beads in every single game on almost every single God.

Banned Honoured Splifflord LaFleur's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Nerf beads and you might as well remove mages from the game while you're at it

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    As you know, Purification Beads is likely the most common active to purchase.
    Ask yourself this, Why is it likely the most common active?

Greater Aegis used to be usable mid-CC (Bar knock-backs and knockups) but that part was removed. .

MAgi's blessing was nerfed a few times, most recently the bubble only respawning once every 90s instead of once every 60s. Magi's blessing also had a % CC reduction stat (like the reinforced greaves) but that's been gone for a while.

You can almost smell the schizophrenia in item design and balance phases with magi's blessing. anti-CC buff. remove anti-cc buff. nerf bubble even more.

Reinforced boots/greaves with the 30% reduction in CC times (Except knockbacks and knockups) is the only other CC-reduction item.

-------------------------

There is no other item, active, or other purchasable object that can get you out of a non-knockback form of CC after it has started.
    Last edited by re1wind; 01-09-2016 at 05:35 PM.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by re1wind View Post

There is no other item, active, or other purchasable object that can get you out of a non-knockback form of CC after it has started.
    You forgot to mention that even non hard cc can force a beads usage.
    Bell/Osi/Rav slow you with their respective slows and you are especially pseudo-rooted which is comboed with their other.

IF we remove beads or nerf it then CC will HAVE TO BE HEAVILY REDUCED TO AN UNPRECEDENTED DEGREE

I'm talking stuff like all cc that scales with levels being locked to their lowest level and staying that way or all cc duration above 1.3 second being cut lower.
    Last edited by KAKLAW; 01-13-2016 at 03:55 AM.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 803
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    How do you all feel now that beads is only 1s of CC immunity on a 160s cool down? All of you calling for buffs...

But seriously, as a relic, it should be 2s of CC immunity and 2s of CDR on a 140s CD. I still would like to see the CCDR state reset as well, but that would take a lot of programming resources.