Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about Loki, I think he's balanced

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,106
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points

Smile Let's talk about Loki, I think he's balanced

Hello there fellow players!
    This thread is gonna be my second about why I think gods are balanced, I've been in the forums for a long time and have seen threads about Loki.
    Make some popcorn and grab a can of coke, since I'm gonna write about Loki- the sneakiest god in smite.
    Loki is fine in my opinion.
    He has tons of damagem but if he fails to kill, he's pretty much dead (Except if he has a combat blink, which every assassin can buy).
    Passive:
    20% bonus damage when hitting from behind.
    This passive is nice, gives him an additional damage with his sneak attacks.
    First ability- Vanish:
    This is loki, you go invis, and appear in another place, striking the enemy down.
    Loki recieves less damage though, but can be revealed in towers, as well as if you hit him you see the numbers.
    (BTW, you can hear him vanishing)
    This skill is fine, since he can be invis for 4 seconds and because of the reasons above ^
    Second ability- Decoy:
    Wait, what? k.
    Can block your attacks and movement though, but not much of a skill
    Minion wave clear mostly. Doesn't have another use but saying "Reinforcing the offense"
    Skill is fine.
    Third skill- Aimed strike:
    Bonus damage, a slow, a nice skill.
    Still fine.

Loki with skills 1 and 3 can burst down half of your hp, but Awilix, Serq, Ao (He's a magical assassin) and thanatos for example can do the same.
    THE ULT: ASSASINATE
    Teleport to a place, if you hit a god you stun him, and deal damage.
    But.....

But if you compare with other assassins, thor can stun + damage + has a larger range, Ao executes after the dragon call+wild storm+ basics combo, Awi ults after you are launched into the air, damage+stun+moving out of position, thanatos can execute or stun+dmg, Serq can move you out of position, grant her CC immunity and deal a nice amount of damage.

Another thing, Loki can easily kill you if you're alone, but if there's a Ymir nearby... Loki ults, LOKI IS FROZEN, "What a spoilsport. I was just kidding!"
    Have a nice day! Write your thought below

I'll edit and write below another thing, cuz of Season 3, Mantle of discord is a really good item VS loki, and also sash, loki doesnt like tanky mages, and the mantle will just keep him stunned while the team kills him.
    Also, stay near a guardian and allies so they can peel or kill him after you are killed.
    Remember:Loki uses his escape to attack.
    Last edited by Dadnaya; 04-15-2016 at 03:09 PM.
    What's the matter? Scared of a kid?
    Ao (Sir) Kuang is a restaurant critic
    Why are they balanced? Threads
    Ares
    Loki

Senior Member Infamous TheLethalCorgi's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,262
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    He's fine right bow

Senior Member Prestigious Najh98's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Loki just needs a rekit.

Senior Member Prestigious BobKetchup's Avatar
    In a Heinz Ketchup Bottle crying because I realized I misspelled ketchup in my location for 6 months
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 998
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person
    I think he has some potential to be somewhat broken with a crit build, With full pen he needs his 13 and 4 to get a kill and he cant box, with crit he can deal with 1v1s better when his abilities down and if he crits he doesnt need his whole kit for a kill, just 4 3 or 1 3 Also his teamfight is equivalent to a suicide bomber even with that build xD But his splitpush is very good.
    Half of what I say is a joke.
    http://niceme.me/
    Survivor Ullr is Billy Mays
    My Top Warriors: Bellona Ravana Amaterasu
    My Top Assassins: Fenrir Thor Mercury
    My Top 3 Guardians: Ares Xing Tian Sobek
    My Top 3 Mages: Hades Sol Zeus
    My Top 3 Hunters: Ullr Hou Yi Medusa

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    The Problem with Loki isn't that he is overpowered or underpowered, it's that everything about him is anti-fun to play against.

If you play against Loki, you are either a squishy, meaning that you are a free kill for him whenever it is convenient. If you play against Loki and you are not squishy, he will just ignore you forever and will take out the entire PVP aspect out of the game for you while he goes doing PVP somewhere else or just avoid everything you represent entirely.

There is no fun having to hide under the tower because he can easily kill you.
    There is no fun laning against nothing aside from a ghost who can clear your minions between your two towers.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Senior Member Chosen OtakuFreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 625
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    He's not balanced
    He's broken

He has no purpose and needs a new kit.
    Who is it that decides this ''worth''? Who has the right to decide such a thing? The light of dawn and curtain of nightfall, they bathe us all equally without discrimination - Humans, Giants, Fairies, Goddesses and Demons...

Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKetchup View Post
    I think he has some potential to be somewhat broken with a crit build, With full pen he needs his 13 and 4 to get a kill and he cant box, with crit he can deal with 1v1s better when his abilities down and if he crits he doesnt need his whole kit for a kill, just 4 3 or 1 3 Also his teamfight is equivalent to a suicide bomber even with that build xD But his splitpush is very good.
    I like to use the decoy as a shield and run around it until my stealth is back up

Senior Member Chosen OtakuFreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 625
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLethalCorgi View Post
    I like to use the decoy as a shield and run around it until my stealth is back up
    Oh stop it you.
    You silly.
    Who is it that decides this ''worth''? Who has the right to decide such a thing? The light of dawn and curtain of nightfall, they bathe us all equally without discrimination - Humans, Giants, Fairies, Goddesses and Demons...

Achievements:
    One thing I hate about him now is that he spins like a ballerina when you AA in stealth

Senior Member Prestigious SweetSolanaceae's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    he's pretty much one of if not the most balanced god in this game

issue?

his kit is anti-fun to where he doesn't feel fairly balanced which means they're balanced in the sense of being fair to both the player and the enemy

also his kit is a cookie cutter assassin that is far from lore accurate

i feel he needs a rework for other purposes tbh
    "...suck the juicy bits..."