Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How to build Kali?

Senior Member Honoured PrinceRaven's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Qin's Sais, between the power, attack speed and passive, increases Kali's DPS more than any other item in the game at any point in her build. So if your goal is burst (AKA killing someone in as few seconds as possible) you should buy Qin's.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGEl33t View Post
    Listen to PrinceRaven, he seems to know what he's talking about most of the time.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudAndAnnoying View Post
    -
    1) I said 100-200, that means it may be anywhere within that range.

2) Qin's is mitigated, do you not even know that much?

3) Even against a target with 4k HP, who will most likely have something around 200 protections, with qin's you wouldn't have any pen aside from your passive, and that means they'd have 140 protections, which is roughly 55% damage redux. That means that your 160 damage would turn into a measly 72 damage against a 4k HP target.

Against a typical lategame mage (60 protections without bov) with warlock's sash (2.4k hp) + your passive that's 30 protections (roughly 20% redux) that's 77 (rounded up) damage per qin's strike.

Now, let's just see the damage on a lategame mage without bov. (The qin's hits are lower than normal cause ra has no warlock's sash, don't mind that)

VS

That's a 115 damage increase per basic against your most realistic target with your strongest basic, and a 57 damage increase on your weak basics. Everything taken into account is a critical, if you don't like it just divide the numbers by 2 (crit multiplier) and reduce them by 40% (DB).

Kali has 1 strong basic and 2 weak basics. That means that it's 115 + 57 + 57 = 227.

With the most realistic qin's proc, which is 80 damage on a lategame mage with warlock's sash and your passive, it's 230.4 (230 cause rounded down).

That's 3 damage per basic at the expense of being able to hurt people that build defense (mages with bov instead of chronos pendant, guardians that build 200+ protections) and 5% attack speed.

The damage loss from getting qin's is close to insignificant, and you'll actually deal more damage if, for whatever reason, people build tons of health (extremely unlikely), but as you can see from actual math, something your post did not include, you're wrong, qin's isn't a core item on kali.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceRaven View Post
    Qin's Sais, between the power, attack speed and passive, increases Kali's DPS more than any other item in the game at any point in her build. So if your goal is burst (AKA killing someone in as few seconds as possible) you should buy Qin's.
    DPS (Damage Per Second) and burst damage are VERY, VERY different things. Also, care to prove that using math? Because if you don't prove your claims, I daud it.
    Last edited by Endag; 12-26-2015 at 03:45 AM.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Try/test these three builds - Warrior Tabi, Hastened Fatalis, Executioner, Qin's Sais, Deathbringer, & Rage (Secondary build)

2). Devours, Transcendence, Hastened Fatalis, O-bow, Deathbringer, & Titan's Bane (Most likely bad)

3). Warrior Tabi, Soul Eater, Hastened Fatalis, Executioner, Deathbringer, & Rage (Primary build)

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelvios View Post
    Try/test these three builds - Warrior Tabi, Hastened Fatalis, Executioner, Qin's Sais, Deathbringer, & Rage (Secondary build)

2). Devours, Transcendence, Hastened Fatalis, O-bow, Deathbringer, & Titan's Bane (Most likely bad)

3). Warrior Tabi, Soul Eater, Hastened Fatalis, Executioner, Deathbringer, & Rage (Primary build)
    #2 is terrible.

#3 is a defensive version of my build, so obviously less damage.

#1 deals 35ish (I tried it at one point when I was trying to figure out what item I should replace for qin's, but I don't remember the exact number) more damage on average compared to my qin's build without the infinite mana sustain and offers lower ability damage.

Edit: I just realized, zelvios suggested something smart for once! (It may not have been very bright but still)
    Last edited by Endag; 12-26-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Senior Member Honoured LoudAndAnnoying's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 3 months registered Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Endag View Post
    snip
    Rofl. Why do you talk? You just make an ass of yourself. Qin's is effected by your pen... So please enlighten me more on the use of guessing at numbers (cause this isn't math) assuming things that are false.
    They say the children are the future; when you look at a MOBA community, you know the future will be bleak.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudAndAnnoying View Post
    Rofl. Why do you talk?

You just make an ass of yourself. Qin's is effected by your pen... Yeah, that's what I said. Are you trying to imitiate a parrot or something?

So please enlighten me more on the use of guessing at numbers (cause this isn't math) assuming things that are false.
    If you're still trying to argue against me at this point without any mathematical evidence then here's no use talking to you, you're even worse than zelvios.

At least he was able to see that I proved your claim about qin's being core on kali wrong.

You still won't listen after being proven wrong with math. Go back to thinking that hades is a top tier joust god.
    Last edited by Endag; 12-26-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Senior Member Honoured LoudAndAnnoying's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 3 months registered Conversation Starter
    Here's some real math

Kali with War/Fatalis/Dev/Exe/DB/Rage has:
    205 power + 50 (from her incense buff)
    1.93 attack speed
    roughly 50% crit
    Gives us:

255 + 83 (base damage) = 338 X 1.93 (AS) = 652.34 (DPS) X 1.7 (damage multiplier from crits, assuming half hits crit) = 1108.978 (effective DPS, before armor reduction.

Kali with War/Fatalis/Dev/Exe/DB/Qin's (not even an optimal qin's build, just swapping a crit item)
    205 + 50 (power)
    2.08 (AS)
    20% crit
    Qin's procs
    Gives us:

255 + 83 = 338 (basic hit) X 2.08 (AS) = 703.04 (DPS) X 1.28 (crits) = 899.8912

Before Qin's damage. Qin's damage assuming 2k hp is:

80 X 2.08 = 166.4 X 1.5 (attack chain multiplier) = 249.6

Basic damage plus qin's damage:

899.8912 + 249.6 = 1149.4912

To recap, you can get 1108.978 DPS with rage, or 1149.4912. Same penetration. Qin's is better. That's not even an optimal qin's build, I gave crits every advantage, and they come up roughly even only then. Qin's would appear even better with rage but I'm to lazy to calculate it properly.

I don't know how someone can be so fucking stupid they make up numbers and then say they proved something mathematically... You pulled fictional fucking numbers out of your ass, and are somehow so fucking narcissistic you think you outsmarted me.
    They say the children are the future; when you look at a MOBA community, you know the future will be bleak.