Thread: Help with Mercury!

Junior Member Cupidhead TheReaperIsBack's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Help with Mercury!

I'm very new to SMITE and I recently purchased my first character being Mercury. I need some tips and help with him. Such as Builds how to Play him etc... The problem i have is how fast he can die ;-;

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 625
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Im no pro by any means, but I've had similiar problems, both in 3v3, conquest and Arena. And here are a few conclusions:

1) Movement Speed is AMAZING on Mercury, not only beucase of synergies with his passive, but with how he plays in general. Together with your 2 you can stack enough speed without sacrificing anything substancial to be able to outrun or chase anyone. Usually Boots+Winged Blade get you there.
    2) Always try to use your passive to deliver swift 2-strike kills. Aim Ult at squishies, kill them with 2 punches, run away. Good ult is pretty much uncounterable, because it can stick your Mercury to them even if they use Purification. Make sure your build allows for those 1k+ crits.
    3) Special Delivery is one of the most punishing abilities in the game. Unless you are certain you are fighting 1 god only at a time DON'T try connect with it. It leaves you a sitting duck for way too long. In any non-duel scenario use it to get close, but usually try not to.
    4) You are no bruiser. Maybe I'm mistaken here, but trying a defensive build results in very low damage. Therefore your strategy is to jump in to confirm a kill when you know you can escape. Made You Look is an excellent poke that can lead up to that.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    A Build I like to do every time: Golden Bow, Warrior Tabi, Deathbringer, Rage/Malice, Titan's Bane, Hastened Fatalis, Transcendence outside of conquest. In conquest get bumba's mask first to replace trans and skip transcendence unless you're ahead jungling. It works good for me when I use it.

Don't go in when tanks are nearby. Pick out targets with low defense (mages hunters or other assassins) then poke them (means doing damage from a distance repeatedly lowering their health) til you can dash in and beat them up with your 3 and 2.

His combo fighting is that way. Dash knockback with his 3, trigger his 2 more attack speed, then punch them to death and made you look (his 1) can crit to do lots of damage too.

Initiate with your ult to quickly kill squishy targets as long as you aren't tower diving too hard and can get out.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Bumbas boots sprint for start. Using sprint with a full passive will destroy camps early game

Senior Member Honoured PrinceRaven's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    The standard build is Bumba's Mask (assuming jungle), Warrior Tabi, Golden Bow, Deathbringer, Malice, Soul Eater, Titan's Bane. The idea is that you stack up his passive then use his mobility to get into the back-line and destroy squishy targets before dipping out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MTGEl33t View Post
    Listen to PrinceRaven, he seems to know what he's talking about most of the time.

Senior Member Honoured Denniswenger's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    The build I recommend is Warrior Tabi, Golden Bow, Frostbound, Titan's Bane, Soul Eater, Deathbringer. If needed Soul Eater can be swapped for a defense item.

Frostbound is really underrated on him. He needs the extra HP, also the slow is amazing on him, more so than on many other gods, this is because he can use his 1 to apply the slow effect when chasing an enemy.

Don't jump with Mercury, it stops his passive from charging. (I know he's got a funny jump)

Usually do not lvl up ult every time you can. Maxing 1 and 2 first is far more important.

When using the 3, try to throw them in to a wall so you can get a few free hits while they are in the air.

Because of his passive get's charged with ult and 3 your ideal combo is Ult right behind the enemy, some basics while they're stunned, 3 to a wall, some more basics when they are in the air. Most will be dead here, if not just use kep hitting and use 1 if they dashed away (applying slow with frostbound).

Beads on Mercury is a must. It gives you the ability to use the 3 both as initiating tool and escape later.

If you can afford it you can go sprint as second active, this will actually give Mercury more damage because of his passive.

When 1v1 dueling other gods you have to remember that your 3 can cancel a lot of abilities and should be used that way. For an example if fighting a Loki, use it right when Loki becomes invisible. The key to Merc is really to learn when to use his dash and when not to.

Activating his 2 does not give him more movement speed. I see so many Mercs using the 2 this way when chasing. Don't do that.

That's all I can think of right now.