Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Launcher Opt-In Beta

HiRez Staff Honoured HiRezPonPon's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter

New Launcher Opt-In Beta

Hello Everyone!

We are planning to update our Launching in the coming weeks. The Launcher is in a testing phase and we wanted to allow users a chance to opt-into testing this new Launcher. Be warned that this is a BETA and as such there may be technical issues. In light of this we will provide users an uninstall tool should anything go wrong.

With all that said here are the instructions to access the BETA Launcher.

Install Instructions:

1. Verify that all of your HiRez Games are properly installed and working. If there are any issues resolve these first before attempting to install the launcher.

2. Download and install the Beta Version of the Launcher Here : hirez.http.internapcdn.net/hirez/HiPatch/PatcherBeta_4.0.9.9.exe
    NOTE: You will need to have at least one HiRez Game installed on your machine for this to work.

3. Once installed the Launcher should automatically appear upon launching any HiRez Game. Please verify that everything is still functional. If issues exist, please post in this thread with the information listed below.

4. If you encounter an error, please us this link : hirez.http.internapcdn.net/hirez/HiPatch/PatcherRepairTool.exe
    This tool will automatically revert your launcher back to the latest live Launcher and restore functionality.

IMPORTANT: In this testing phase we are currently not offering any Support assistance should an issue occur with the new launcher. If an issue exists, please list the issue and use the tool to revert back to the Old Launcher.

If you have encountered a bug with the new launcher, please post in this thread the following information in this format.

Operating System :

List of HiRez Games Installed : ex. Smite, Smite PTS, Tribes(Steam), Paladins

Which game is not working properly :

Description of Problem :

Screenshots of the issue (if possible) :
    We thank you for testing out the new HiRez Launcher! Please post all feedback or bugs into this forum post so we can keep track of everything efficiently.

-PonPon
    Last edited by HiRezPonPon; 12-18-2015 at 03:10 PM.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Looks very good so far. I have Paladins installed, and the new launcher looks neat and starts up without a problem.

Edit: Just started downloading Smite, looks good as well and works so far ^^

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    Operating System : Windows 7

List of HiRez Games Installed : Smite, Smite PTS and Paladins.

Which game is not working properly : All of them aren't working.

Description of Problem : I simply can't install it. It unzips somewhere, I can't even change the folder, then I get a message (everything on screenshots).

Screenshots of the issue (if possible) : http://i.imgur.com/m90ctUc.png patcher, forgive me weird "W" symbols, http://i.imgur.com/98Hs5Rh.png when I click on anything and http://i.imgur.com/iRybaQf.png the message I get after unzipping.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Everything seems to be working fine. The only thing is that the launcher is off center when I launch it on my laptop, but when I try to move the launcher window it jerks to the middle of the screen and then lets me move it. So strange little action.

Also the Paladins launcher window is a bit bigger than the Smite ones.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead PenguinGodOfHug's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered Tagger Third Class 500 Experience Points
    I have windows 10.

I own SMITE, SMITE PTS, and Paladins, though I do not have a key to paladins.

I open up SMITE PTS, and it has a cool picture of Sol with a username and password thing for a second, then remembers the "remember me" and logs me in auto. It then shows practically the old starting screen but with a few details missing. I log out to see the cool image again, and the login screen looks very neat.

No bugs, I think. Looks pretty clean. I like the updated thing, but I won't really use it much due to the remember me. Doesn't seem all that necessary, bit cool.

EDIT: Cant play SMITE PTS. It says "Version Mismatch" at login.
    EDIT 2: SMITE normal instantly logs me in: No login screen (for game, not launcher).
    Last edited by PenguinGodOfHug; 12-18-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    Yours ever so sincerely,
    Mr. Sir. Master Lord Count Knight Barron Duke Von King ThePenguinGodOfHugs The First.

Greetings, good sir. Or madame. Would you care to read some of my concepts?

Fun-atos - Thanatos skin
    O-Demon - Odin skin
    Perseus - Slayer of Gorgons

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,151
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigan View Post
    Operating System : Windows 7

List of HiRez Games Installed : Smite, Smite PTS and Paladins.

Which game is not working properly : All of them aren't working.

Description of Problem : I simply can't install it. It unzips somewhere, I can't even change the folder, then I get a message (everything on screenshots).

Screenshots of the issue (if possible) : http://i.imgur.com/m90ctUc.png patcher, forgive me weird "W" symbols, http://i.imgur.com/98Hs5Rh.png when I click on anything and http://i.imgur.com/iRybaQf.png the message I get after unzipping.
    *shrug*

Same.

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinGodOfHug View Post
    EDIT: Cant play SMITE PTS. It says "Version Mismatch" at login.
    EDIT 2: SMITE normal instantly logs me in: No login screen (for game, not launcher).
    That's because the patch came out. When patches are out, PTS is 'turned off.'

Operating System: Windows 8.1
    List of HiRez games Installed: Smite, Smite PTS, Paladins
    Description of Problem: The launcher window is off centered (sticks to the upper left corner). Moving it, closing it and reopening it continues to have it off centered. There's a short... disconnect? On every start up it shows a login screen for second but then proceeds to sign in to the main launcher.
    Screenshot of the issue (if possible): Sorry, can't accurately get it =v But just put the launcher in the top left corner and there it is.

If I can leave feedback though: The new launcher has too much bare space.
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

New Member Cupidhead BlackOniLink's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The new launcher looks good so far, but i wish we could claim our daily reward through it, so we dont have to start the game first. At some Days this wouls save some time and when we are at daily rewards, why dont you make, a few changes there? 50 Gems a week is nice, but it would also be nice to gain some more and better rewards for a higher login streak, for example at 10 Days A 1 Day Booster or at 12 days additional 25 Gems and so on...

Junior Member Cupidhead itsmymillertime's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 606
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    List of HiRez Games Installed : ex. Smite, Smite PTS, Tribes(Steam), Paladins Smite

Which game is not working properly : None

Description of Problem : Launcher does not really support 1280x720 resolution

Screenshots of the issue (if possible) : http://imgur.com/cbGyYFG

New Member Cupidhead DespotJanko's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    This launcher is great, but does not show favor/lvl/gems on the current account. Kind of a step backwards to me. :/