Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 143

Thread: Nemesis needs a nerf; Too much of a skilless god.

  1. #21
    Member Follower
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    241
    8
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,087
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    if you fight a nemisis build Winged Blade, yea it looks bad on some gods, but survival is your top priority and if your getting focused its bc your not doing anything to prevent it.

    Honestly tho if shes dashing into you thats your time to blow everything bc now she doesnt have an escape, if shes jungle well ward and shadow her better. If shes solo, like iv written in many post solo your a specially building to counter your lane no building to carry. Its driving me nuts how many people take gods with no sustain into solo, then build offensively and get completely murbered at the enemy god whos built like a tank to counter his opponent.
    Last edited by Redscyte; 05-19-2014 at 04:12 PM.

  2. #22
    Member Worshipper Blackwinged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tropical Country, Blessed by God
    Posts
    448
    7
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 778
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigaus View Post
    First, I never said that there wasn't a Cap; I said Slow combined together to get to a higher number, which basic math leads to 100%. does that mean that the get 0 movement speed? No, it means they hit the Ms floor and that's it.
    -
    Second, if you're not willing to back your shit up with facts and evidence, sit down. I could claim that there's a Cap on anything, or a formula for how lifesteal gets deminising returns the more you put onto it...It wouldn't be true, but I could claim it. And if we're talking about Dimishing returns in Smite, then we're not really talking about diminishing returns. You get diminishing returns with protection...Except that the more you get, the higher your effective HP is by orders of magnitude. You have diminishing returns on CC...Except that if you get hit by 3 or more Stuns/ect. it goes above the original cap....So claiming Slows has a diminishing return-- with no evidence on top of that-- is a moot point; It's Smite, there's no such thing as diminishing returns.
    Except you are wrong?
    If I hit someone with my Slow as Ao, and then Osiris comes in with his slow, we could reduce someone down to -100% speed
    There's no "-100%" speed. And even if you are talking about reaching minimum MS, both Ao's Squall and Osiris combo combined aren't enough to reach that cap. So you are doubly wrong! How wonderful!

    And "back my shit up?" My my, aren't you a little worked up? Not only you are completely wrong (Doubly!), but also stressed? My, relax a little. Here, enjoy. Just be competent and press "Ctrl + F" and search for "slows".

    Study and search a little more before you come to the forums and defecate by your mouth.

    QUICK EDIT: There's a formula for Lifesteal, btw. Guess what, you didn't know that either! So you are, again, wrong!
    Last edited by Blackwinged; 05-19-2014 at 04:53 PM.
    Can't upload my perfectly edited Winged Wand vs Iso signature.

    My take on Solar Sentinel update.
    Thoth, Ra's Counselor concept.

  3. #23
    Member Worshipper Gigaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    250
    8
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwinged View Post
    Except you are wrong?

    There's no "-100%" speed. And even if you are talking about reaching minimum MS, both Ao's Squall and Osiris combo combined aren't enough to reach that cap. So you are doubly wrong! How wonderful!

    And "back my shit up?" My my, aren't you a little worked up? Not only you are completely wrong (Doubly!), but also stressed? My, relax a little. Here, enjoy. Just be competent and press "Ctrl + F" and search for "slows".

    Study and search a little more before you come to the forums and defecate by your mouth.

    QUICK EDIT: There's a formula for Lifesteal, btw. Guess what, you didn't know that either! So you are, again, wrong!
    Squall: Ao Kuang fires a projectile breath attack that hits the first enemy in its path, doing 60/105/150/195/240 (+60% of your magical power) damage and slowing all enemies in the area around the impact by 30/35/40/45/50% for 3s.
    -
    Spirit Flail: Osiris imbues his flail with spiritual energy, striking in a 15 ft radius at the target ground location. Enemies hit take 80/130/180/230/280 (+60% of your physical power) damage, and Osiris gains 20% movement speed for 3s. If an enemy is under the effect of Sickle Strike, the target slow is increased to 50% and its duration to 4s.
    -
    50+50= 100.
    -
    hi, I wasn't talking about the diminishing returns when I said that.....I was talking about the pure numbers. You want to explain to me that 50%+50% =/= 100%?
    -

    -
    Also, please get over yourself? All I did was say ONE thing wrong....Whoops, that means the entire argument's wrong-- Gotta pack up and leave folk, I had a small clerical error in my statement; The Gottcha Police arrested me and threw me out of town!.....You came in here without citing your source and acting like a big man telling others their wrong and then immediately saying 'not gonna look it up'.....At best, you're a lazy prick who thinks he's above the rest of us, and we should just take you at your word; At worst, you're a troll looking to be a dick who should just be ignored....Thank you, for proving you're a prick and not a troll. Now please, get over yourself; Slows have diminishing returns, I was wrong on that.
    -
    Too fking bad we were talking about stacking, and Diminishing returns on the Stacking part of it like we 'see' with CC....As well as the fact there isn't a Cap on slows. Sorry, maybe you misunderstand what Cap means; It means that something can not go above a certain number. There's no Cap on slows; There's a Floor on Movement Speed though, which is different entirely. I can get up to 100% Slowing with stacking; It's a moot point though because it won't push MS blow 150. It's like saying Pen has a cap because you can no longer push defense below 0, not because there's an actual cap in the game....You wanna be a dick; How does your own dickery tasty?

  4. #24
    Senior Member Chosen TigrisCallidus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,475
    8
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    7
    Yes one point wrong -> whole argument wrong = nemesis does not need a nerf, and you can close the threat

  5. #25
    Bug Connoisseur Prestigious Flareb00t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,593
    19
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    Rep Power
    50
    Right, now to blow the guy who thought slows stacked additively out of the water. Yes, you're right, you add up the total slow percentages. Then you put it into the Slow DR formula.

    100% slow is (100*100)/(100+60) = 62.5%. Frostbound is a terrible pickup on Nemesis, because it only improves the slow by another 10.11% from 45.45% to 55.56%.

    Create a support ticket here!

    Bug Reporting Forums

    If you have any questions about the game, feel free to PM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Chosen TigrisCallidus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,475
    8
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    7
    But 10% slow from 20% to 10% is much better then 20% slow from 100% to 80%, because one halfes the running speed the other only reduces it to 80% of the value before.

    But the real question is, when is this slow from 45% to 55% necessary/adds a benefit?

    It is a benefit, if you can (with the additional slow) walk behind the target and use autoattack, IF you could do this not without the slow.

    Or it is a benefit if the target cannot flee under the tower.

    Or if you can follow the target (because it slowed you) and could not without the additional slow.

    I think the decrease of distance traveled is still around 20% even if the slow is only 10% I will calculate it later

  7. #27
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Regalstrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    47
    2
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Watching people moan for "nerfs" is like seeing a 5 year old moaning about a toy. Nemesis is not overpowered, she is so easy to counter. If you don't know how to counter any God in Smite, you shouldn't even been moaning about "nerfs". You can beads, sprint and most of the God's in Smite has mobility to get away. If a Nemesis see someone have an active like meditation is guarantee a kill for her, because that guy is a moron. If you can't play your God and someone own you don't mean the God they playing is overpowered, it is you that cannot think logically of how to counter that God. Any God is overpowered if played correctly. It is not "skill" to land abilities, skill is when you use your abilities correctly. e.g. Team fight's and lane phases. Anyone can land abilities there no skill require for that. Then you can might as well nerf a God like Neith to miss her ultimate because that is no skill to land it. Think more logically before asking for "nerfs".

  8. #28
    Member Follower HexisCopiae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    232
    4
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalstrike View Post
    Watching people moan for "nerfs" is like seeing a 5 year old moaning about a toy. Nemesis is not overpowered, she is so easy to counter. If you don't know how to counter any God in Smite, you shouldn't even been moaning about "nerfs". You can beads, sprint and most of the God's in Smite has mobility to get away. If a Nemesis see someone have an active like meditation is guarantee a kill for her, because that guy is a moron. If you can't play your God and someone own you don't mean the God they playing is overpowered, it is you that cannot think logically of how to counter that God. Any God is overpowered if played correctly. It is not "skill" to land abilities, skill is when you use your abilities correctly. e.g. Team fight's and lane phases. Anyone can land abilities there no skill require for that. Then you can might as well nerf a God like Neith to miss her ultimate because that is no skill to land it. Think more logically before asking for "nerfs".
    As a word of advice Regalstrike, I suggest you abandon the Nemesis threads until future buffs/nerfs.

    The prominent people who spoke against her after the nerfs have begun disputing among themselves when no enemies remained...please leave it that way, as its more entertaining.

    Edit:
    Though it is funny how discussion of her ultimate has regressed to commenting on the slow debuff, a debuff that is countered easily...
    Last edited by HexisCopiae; 05-20-2014 at 10:57 AM.

  9. #29
    Bug Connoisseur Prestigious Flareb00t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,593
    19
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by HexisCopiae View Post
    As a word of advice Regalstrike, I suggest you abandon the Nemesis threads until future buffs/nerfs.

    The prominent people who spoke against her after the nerfs have begun disputing among themselves when no enemies remained...please leave it that way, as its more entertaining.

    Edit:
    Though it is funny how discussion of her ultimate has regressed to commenting on the slow debuff, a debuff that is countered easily...
    The slow may be countered. Slicing protections in two can't be.

    Create a support ticket here!

    Bug Reporting Forums

    If you have any questions about the game, feel free to PM.

  10. #30
    Member Follower HexisCopiae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    232
    4
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Flareb00t View Post
    The slow may be countered. Slicing protections in two can't be.
    Hence the point of me mentioning how its shifted to the slow debuff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •