Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Rez's Conquest Craze

Junior Member Cupidhead BloodySall's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 422
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    As a child, I was raped and enslaved. It made ​​me DotA. She captivated my brain made ​​me think only of her, forced to spend hours / days / weeks in it. I do not play DotA for several years. But my brain is still enslaved by it. Now, any game mode, different from DotA, is unacceptable to me. Only Conquest.
    PS: used a google translate, original message:
    В детстве меня поработили и изнасиловали. Это сделал со мной DotA. Она заполонила мой мозг, заставила думать только о ней, заставила проводить часы/дни/недели в ней. Я не играю в доту уже несколько лет. Но мой мозг по прежнему порабощён ею. Теперь, любой режим игры, отличный от DotA, неприёмлим для меня. Только Conquest.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,077
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    i love to play assault because conquest is dull for the first 15 mins and the meta is too bleh. some times i ike to play a god nobody lokes.
    If you want assault to be balanced, you're playing it wrong.

You're mine now. Ymir will love you and squeeze you and call you george.

Junior Member Cupidhead SuperHans's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    IMO they don't focus on Conquest enough.. They spend to much time doing pointless joust or arena tournaments which always come down to who can pick the most OP gods. They're not competitive and they need to stop trying. Smite is conquest it's what will make the game successful not arena or joust or whatever else.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpie08 View Post
    There are a few Arena and Assaults in the Top 5. It's not so much because HiRez doesn't want people to submit plays from other modes (even though it's done by Inuki), it's just that no one knows you can submit plays from other modes.

Well thats not correct at all :-P . Its because mostly it is just league games which get replay tags, hard to send in assault games when none of mine are ever recorded unless a pro drops in once in every 100 games

Junior Member Cupidhead RavenGlenn's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Achievements:
    For me, once there were other game modes besides Conquest I left and never looked back. I like the idea of conquest and the strategy involved...but the playerbase and how miserable they all are just makes me hate it. I'd much rather play something like Assault where people remember that we are playing a GAME.

Senior Member Honoured LokiWildfire's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 427
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGlenn View Post
    For me, once there were other game modes besides Conquest I left and never looked back. I like the idea of conquest and the strategy involved...but the playerbase and how miserable they all are just makes me hate it. I'd much rather play something like Assault where people remember that we are playing a GAME.
    I feel ya. Though I do like Arena quite a lot (call me a massmurderer, I like killing people instead of minions :v). And that is why I am enjoying Siege quite a lot myself. Has some of that Arena feel, some of the Conquest feel (but much faster in general). IMO is the a very nice middle ground (just wish the jungle was better and more diverse, with lots of change of jungler's duelling).

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    See, I tend to get better games and nicer teams in conquest. It's Assault and Arena where I'm getting all the jerks and ragers. I used to love those modes, but I hardly play them anymore.

Banned Honoured ExtremelyCasual's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperHans View Post
    IMO they don't focus on Conquest enough.. They spend to much time doing pointless joust or arena tournaments which always come down to who can pick the most OP gods. They're not competitive and they need to stop trying. Smite is conquest it's what will make the game successful not arena or joust or whatever else.
    ...Because picking the most OP gods definitely doesn't matter for any other game mode. Your point makes no sense.

@Teevell: I actually find that it's the reverse for me, personally. Most Arena players I know are rather friendly, and aren't prone to raging as much I've found. On the other hand, I always feel like there's a level of expectation in Conquest that makes me uncomfortable personally. I play Nu Wa frequently for Lane-type modes (Because as a Rank X Hel, people love hitting me with various objects) and find myself getting screamed at for not meeting someone's desires.

All in all, it's rather frustrating, to be frank.

It's for that reason that I rather miss the ability to participate in Arena Leagues. I actually do enjoy the raw combat of that particular mode, and teamwork there is actually quite simplistic if you've got proper people. Gods that are OP in arena mode, as I pointed out, are just as OP in any other game mode---I have just as many issues with Loki's, Artemis's, Zeus's, and Hun Batz's in Arena as I do in a Conquest.

I have to disagree with you SuperHans. The other game modes could be important if they were given more emphasis--and they are not pointless.

@LokiWildFire: I too enjoy Siege mode--it's actually a very nice blend. Also, I'm quite positive I've run into you before in some match or another...Do you play Anubis?

Junior Member Cupidhead SmiffnWessn's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 596
    Achievements:
    They took away Arena League right when I started playing again after a few months off. They say no one was playing it but I really think they just didn't give it enough of a chance.
    Yay...a NEITH avatar!!

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Conquest is the deepest in terms of strategy, and planning new strategies is the most interesting for conquest.
    My god balancing ideas #1 #2 OUTDATED
    My new item ideas
    My item balancing ideas