Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: How can anyone claim this game is remotely balanced?

Senior Member Prestigious SweetSolanaceae's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by discofleshpot View Post
    I've never thought of doing this! What a great idea. Learn something new every day...
    yeah serqet is basically glued to you for 1 second and that's long enough for her butt to be sent to the middle of your team

the only issue is that if you're low doing this will do more worse than good
    "...suck the juicy bits..."

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 538
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 31 days registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSolanaceae View Post
    yeah serqet is basically glued to you for 1 second and that's long enough for her butt to be sent to the middle of your team

the only issue is that if you're low doing this will do more worse than good
    Sounds like a very interesting way to counter troll the trolls on your team, while also trolling yourself.
    Fun in Smite is:

Nemesis - Relentlessly slaying Guardians without mercy and with great prejudice.

GEB - Transformers are COOL.

Xbalanque - Just Pink Ward it.

SOL - This girl is on FIRE !

My IGN is Executioner and that link is my Smite Guru God page !

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinstin View Post
    I'm going to name off a list of gods and I challenge any of you to inform me as to how they're balanced when looking at the other ~50 gods in the game.

Isis
    Bellona
    Serqet
    Xing'Tian
    Sol
    Athena
    Janus
    Khepri
    XBlanc
    Zhong Kui

I could go on to name more gods... ~20ish in this game that are in every single game (or if its ranked banned every single game) and I doubt I'm the only person who is getting sick of seeing the same 5 gods vs the same 5 gods in just about every single match.

How is this not obvious? Its almost as if Hirez pays zero attention to the game as Isis has literally been a #1 pick for middle for the past 2 years with only Janus coming in close. How many mages are in the game though? Is hirez ever going to even try to balance this game?
    Isis - She's squishy. Easy to kill if you know what you're doing
    Bellona - One of the most balanced gods in the game. She's been through enough nerfs
    Khepri - Stop complaining. He's been nerfed enough + he isn't even that op anymore
    Xing Tian - They've reduced his damage enough. He's balanced now
    Sol - Just need to nerf his 2 & she's good
    Zhong Kui - Make him a tad more squishy/he's too tanky. Zhong Kui is a bruiser mage that devours your health
    Xbalanque - No, he's balanced. Plenty off other/better adcs
    Athena - Make her absorb less & nerf her damage. Then she'll be good
    Serqet - Make her poison do less damage
    Janus - Make his unstable vortex do less damage

.. Most of the gods you've named are pretty balanced.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 873
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Isis - I don't see anything imbalanced about her. Burst mage with hard cc. Just because she is amongst most played gods, doesn't make her op, there will always best gods, you can't make them all equal.

Bellona - Not even close being as powerful as people say she is. Main damage is easy to interrupt and lacks good escape other than ult.

Serqet - You do know that Thor and Awilix are in this game?

Xing Tian - Ult is easy to avoid, damage is bit meh but he works as bruiser pretty well.

Sol - She is still new they will tweak (read: nerf to the ground) her.

Athena - Top pick but not op. And what is this thing you said about her oneshotting you? 560 + 100% of her (non-existing) magical power oneshots you? How little hp do you have? It's a great ability but not that easy to get both hits off.

Janus - Mobility and utility. Damage cramped up to one ability that has weird pattern which makes hittingnit much harder. Another top pick, not op but wouldn't hurt if nerfed a little.

Khepri - People like you are the reason why he is walking ultimate now. Nerfed 5 times to make every other ability crap.

Xbalanque - Are you actually saying Xballer is op? Only thing Xbala has over top hunters is his ult.

Zhong Kui - Why ZK and not Hades? Both are magical warriors that do heavy area damage.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,100
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinstin View Post
    I'm going to name off a list of gods and I challenge any of you to inform me as to how they're balanced when looking at the other ~50 gods in the game.

Isis
    Bellona
    Serqet
    Xing'Tian
    Sol
    Athena
    Janus
    Khepri
    XBlanc
    Zhong Kui

I could go on to name more gods... ~20ish in this game that are in every single game (or if its ranked banned every single game) and I doubt I'm the only person who is getting sick of seeing the same 5 gods vs the same 5 gods in just about every single match.

How is this not obvious? Its almost as if Hirez pays zero attention to the game as Isis has literally been a #1 pick for middle for the past 2 years with only Janus coming in close. How many mages are in the game though? Is hirez ever going to even try to balance this game?
    Okay, let's see...

Isis: Virtually no mobility, 2 and ult are quite slow to set up. Very team dependant, with her supportive capabilities making up for her lack of killing power.

Bellona: No excuse. I really don't like her, she is a quintessential bruiser, and like most bruisers, over the line.

Serqet: Really bad outside of conquest and maybe Clash. She's a good support, but a bad assassin. Unreliable kit that malfunctions as often as it does function. Luck dependant.

Xing Tian: There is no reason for a tank this sticky to have guaranteed free damage output. Remove the %HP DoT. He's a tank, he shouldn't have damage output.

Sol: Her 1 is pretty weak, her ult is pretty slow. Dependant on team for any reliability in her ult. Autoattacks aren't very strong, even at max heat. Her 2 is all her offense, her 3 is all her defense. If either are used, she's a sitting duck.

Athena: What the heck is wrong with Athena? Seriously, she's one of the best designed tanks in all MOBAs. Good initiation, good utility, hard to kill but doesn't rip squishies to shreds by herself. Hi-Rez can be very proud of Athena.

Janus: Bit of a one-trick pony with good squishykilling potential, but the brunt of his damage is quite unreliable. Carefully consider your position and he won't be nearly as much of a problem.

Khepri: Ult is broken, that is all.

Xbalanque: Good hunter. That's pretty much it. He's probably one of the safest hunters, due to having long range abilities and an amazing escape, but really, he's not a very big problem to deal with.

Zhong Kui: I don't like this guy, I hate bruisers in general, but lately I haven't seen him live up to bruiser standards anymore, which is a good thing.

The problem isn't so much those gods being overpowered as much as that the other gods are left in the dust. Currently most assassins don't make it into the game because they're just inexcusably squishy and they don't seem to kill any more efficiently than superglue tanks/bruisers like Bacchus, Xing Tian, Kumbhakarna or Chaac.

Also, if you're having problems with Conquest, try playing the other gamemodes. They usually have rather drastically different god loadouts. Janus for example doesn't function well in Arena.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
    He's a tank, he shouldn't have damage output.
    Then what he should have? Only the cc?

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 1,100
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Then what he should have? Only the cc?
    That is by and large a summation of 80% of what makes Athena work, so yeah. Xing Tian is very sticky, with two jumps, a knockup, a snare, a stun and a displacement. If you add too much damage on top of that, he becomes a better assassin than most assassins currently in the game. Which, to be honest, isn't much of a feat, but still...

I mean, it's fine for him to have acceptable base damage and some MP scaling so that if they're built for magic power, they can do damage, but it's not okay for a tank to deal damage based off of enemy stats.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
    That is by and large a summation of 80% of what makes Athena work, so yeah. Xing Tian is very sticky, with two jumps, a knockup, a snare, a stun and a displacement. If you add too much damage on top of that, he becomes a better assassin than most assassins currently in the game. Which, to be honest, isn't much of a feat, but still...

I mean, it's fine for him to have acceptable base damage and some MP scaling so that if they're built for magic power, they can do damage, but it's not okay for a tank to deal damage based off of enemy stats.
    Xing Tian is much more of a bruiser than anything else so he needs his (low-ish) damage. He has two jumps but both are in one ability. What is a snare? You mean root? He doesn't have a stun, and his displacement is small aoe and beadable.

Also, I don't underdstand why everyone keeps saying assassins are bad? Thor is still good on any team comp, Awilix is stronger than ever, Serqet is still solid pick. Kali and Merc are end game hyper carries.

Senior Member Prestigious SweetSolanaceae's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Party Person Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Xing Tian is much more of a bruiser than anything else so he needs his (low-ish) damage. He has two jumps but both are in one ability. What is a snare? You mean root? He doesn't have a stun, and his displacement is small aoe and beadable.

Also, I don't underdstand why everyone keeps saying assassins are bad? Thor is still good on any team comp, Awilix is stronger than ever, Serqet is still solid pick. Kali and Merc are end game hyper carries.
    to the last part

the issue with assassins is that certain guardians and gods completely ruin their job and make it where what they're supposed to do can't be accomplished unless you're like loki who can run past whoever is trying to stop you and still do your job

if you think about it kumbhakarna completely invalidates an assassin, so does athena, cabrakan, etc

hunters suffer from the same issue, guardians just stand in front of their allies and now a hunter can't do their job because the guardian can soak up the damage and not care

not that assassins and hunters entirely suck, it's just that overall as a class they get invalidated by a decent amount of gods unlike the other classes
    "...suck the juicy bits..."

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Calyptic's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The problem is other gods need a buff or rework. Not gods need a nerf. The only thing i have a problem with atm is Sols '2'. I actually find this game to be well balanced. If you make a list of balanced vs Op and Up gods 80% would be in balanced
    Last edited by Calyptic; 12-03-2015 at 04:56 AM.