Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Perseus, Slayer of Gorgons

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead PenguinGodOfHug's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 287
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered Tagger Third Class 500 Experience Points

Perseus, Slayer of Gorgons

This is a god concept for Perseus, who may I disclaim was not a god. However he was the son of Zeus, making him a Demi-God. Oh, also, this happens to be my first god concept! (Not concept altogether...)

Lore
    Perseus, son of Zeus, is a cunning warrior on the battlefield. He had heard legends of a Gorgon named Medusa terrorizing Greece, turning its people to stone in but a glance, and was no man to let this happen. He bravely fought on to tackle a mighty and legendary task: Behead Medusa.

Perseus took on the challenge, and crept behind Medusa one night. While Medusa was asleep Perseus raised his blade, ready to slay the beast. However he was startled by sudden movement as Medusa awoke and fought back. He was tripped and was going to die then and there; yet then his cunning plan struck him. He bare his shield over his face, in which was so shiny it reflected Medusa's stone curse right back at her, resulting in defeating the monster.

Perseus was a hero, for slaying such a mighty foe and proving his honor. Yet this was not the only time he were to do so. He had also rescued Andromeda from Cetus, and shall prove his worth yet again. However this time he takes to prove his worth on the battlefield, against even mightier enemies. This time, Perseus is fighting Gods.

Appearance
    Default: Perseus was no average Hero, yet looked quite like one. He was always doing mighty tasks and thus would always be prepared if yet another one were to come upon him. So thus, he would have been a generic warrior in appearance; Armor, Cape and Helmet as his clothes, and Shield and Sword in hand. His armor would be brown-y brass, so his Mastery skins would be easily differentiated from him, and his cape would go on his shoulders, being padded and red. His helmet would be flat, and would have a open front. And his shield would be "Oh my god that's shiny" shiny, along with his sword having a few dents and a red handle, along with some patterns of snakes engraved on the blade.

Recolor: Slayer of the Slithering: Perseus would have the same patterns and details, but his armor, shield, helmet and blade are silver, and his handle and cape are blue. (Of course, in ways which differentiates from the Blue in his Golden mastery skin, and Blue and White in his Diamond skin)

Role
    Assassin, Physical, Melee. I decided to make him an Assassin, based on how he crept up on Medusa. It may have went horribly wrong, but the way he tried to do so proves his fighting style; so thus, an assassin.

Pros: High Damage, Mobility.
    Cons: Low Health.
    Neutral: Survivability's low if played wrong, high if played right.

All Round Difficulty: Normal.

Pantheon: Greek

Starting Health: 385 (+82 Per Level Gained)
    Starting Mana: 250 (+38 Per Level Gained)

Abilities

Passive: Adrenaline: Perseus builds a stack every successful blow he deals in a row. If he is injured the stack goes to 0. Max stack is 5. This stack increases his movement speed by 10% for each stack.

Ability 1: Silent Roll: Physical, Dash Perseus rolls forward. At the end of the roll Perseus leaps up and strikes down with his sword. His ascent and descent is somewhat faster than his roll. This deals physical damage, and if it hits an enemy god during the roll he does deal damage to them, however his roll does not end. It deals more damage when he hits them with the sword rather than while rolling. His roll ends only when he strikes with his sword.

Ability 2: Courage of the Warrior: Self, Buff Perseus gains Courage and Assurance, and extra physical damage for 5 seconds. Basic attacks are also effected along with his abilities.

Ability 3: Sword Hurl: Physical, Projectile, Rooting. Perseus throws his sword to root the first enemy it contacts for 3 seconds, additionally, it deals physical damage. However if the sword does not come into contact with anything, his cooldown is only half of the usual for this attack, but punishes Perseus for missing by removing all buffs added to him for the time. (This does not include Jungle Buffs).

Ultimate: Shield of Perseus: I actually don't know. Perseus takes out his shield for 2 seconds, reflecting any damage dealt to him during this period back to the enemy who sent it at half damage. However it also reflects certain crowd control effects, like stuns. For instance Medusa's ultimate deals damage to her and turns her to stone while Xing Tian's ultimate is not reflected. Perseus cannot attack while his shield is up and has to be facing whatever is hitting him for it to work.

Some voicelines!

Joke: "What do you call Medusa's end? Stone cold irony." "How do you defeat a nest of Gorgons with no plan? Simple. You don't." "Knock Knock. Who's there? Perseus. Perseus who? Just let me in already! You know who I am..."

On Death: "I shall not die in vain..."

Directed Taunt: Medusa: "I've slew you once, now allow me to repeat my actions once again, you monster!"
    Directed Taunt: Zeus: "I thought my father would be... Stronger. Especially for a God. But I am wrong - weakling!"
    Directed Taunt: Chiron: "It seems the teacher could learn a trick or two!"

Ward Placement: "Keep an eye on me, as long as that doesn't turn me to stone."

Intro: "More Evil? More Work!"

Death: "I... Have been defeated. Terrible."

Laugh: "Ahahahaha... Hurr."

Low Health: "No matter the challenge or challenger, I will push onward. " "Well, they were cunning. A last minute plan did me well, I must say."

And that is the concept so far! May I say I am not allowing copying of any sort, but anyone can of course do the same God . You can suggest adding things or changing things in the comments below, and I am active when it comes to updating this. If you like this please comment! Thank you, good sir.
    Last edited by PenguinGodOfHug; 11-26-2015 at 05:25 PM.
    Yours ever so sincerely,
    Mr. Sir. Master Lord Count Knight Barron Duke Von King ThePenguinGodOfHugs The First.

Greetings, good sir. Or madame. Would you care to read some of my concepts?

Fun-atos - Thanatos skin
    O-Demon - Odin skin
    Perseus - Slayer of Gorgons

New Member Cupidhead TheGunMagician's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 100 Experience Points
    A Perseus hero in Smite would be a great idea, and an opportunity for someone a bit more in the traditional line. One thing I might say is to mess about with either his role as an Assassin, or his move-set a little bit - just because his Ultimate is bonkers compared to them. I love the concept though. Best of luck!

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered Tagger Third Class 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMagician View Post
    A Perseus hero in Smite would be a great idea, and an opportunity for someone a bit more in the traditional line. One thing I might say is to mess about with either his role as an Assassin, or his move-set a little bit - just because his Ultimate is bonkers compared to them. I love the concept though. Best of luck!
    He is supposed to feel very generic and normal throughout his move-set. However if you are saying these moves are weak compared to his ultimate than I may edit them. And thank you for the comment!
    Yours ever so sincerely,
    Mr. Sir. Master Lord Count Knight Barron Duke Von King ThePenguinGodOfHugs The First.

Fun-atos - Thanatos skin
    O-Demon - Odin skin

New Member Cupidhead EnderSteve117's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    i think this is a good idea but he should be more help like example ( his Passive should be shared with his team mates) like any team mate near him will have his passive too only in that area if they move out or go to far the lose it

and i think that he has double damage when he fights Medusa and if his near Zeus both of them do double damage for a short time

when his near medusa he does double damage and is immune to her powers for 5 secs after that he can be killed

i would like to see him as more of a support god then go in and do damage (he can do damage when he needs too but his stronger if he works with his team

and that's what i think and yes its a good idea

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by EnderSteve117 View Post
    1. i think this is a good idea but he should be more help like example ( his Passive should be shared with his team mates) like any team mate near him will have his passive too only in that area if they move out or go to far the lose it

2. and i think that he has double damage when he fights Medusa and if his near Zeus both of them do double damage for a short time

when his near medusa he does double damage and is immune to her powers for 5 secs after that he can be killed

3. i would like to see him as more of a support god then go in and do damage (he can do damage when he needs too but his stronger if he works with his team

and that's what i think and yes its a good idea
    Okay, I am just going to number my arguments.

1. He is an assassin based character, meaning he is in it for himself. He is not a support based god. Also, SHARING up to 50% movement speed with allies in radius + yourself is just damn op, man.

2. Having a direct advantage when paired with/against gods is a thing never used in SMITE before and I doubt ever will be. It's a fair idea trying to make him resilient to Medusa, but just being so for them choosing Medusa would not be fair, along with his Ultimate would be enough to counter Medusa. Also, being double damage with Zeus is just... No. And, being an assassin he'll mainly be a lone fighter, making this idea not only Over Powered but also useless.

3. Already explained.

Still, I am glad to see you read and enjoyed the concept! Thanks for reading and supporting!

(Argument incoming: Then why's he an Assassin?): He is an Assassin due to his legendary fight with Medusa and how he took them on, using careful stealth rather than simply charging in.
    Last edited by PenguinGodOfHug; 11-23-2015 at 10:14 AM.
    Yours ever so sincerely,

Fun-atos - Thanatos skin
    O-Demon - Odin skin

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead EbonyWarrior01's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I don't want to offend you, but what should you do when you face a monster that can turn people to stone with just looking at them? Would you face her honorably in battle with a big chance of dying, or would you kill her stealthy while she's sleeping? What would you you do, I should kill her stealthy, because my chance of survival is bigger. But I respect your choice, I think that he would be a great warrior, I understand why you made him an assassin.
    Just somebody who likes to play smite and thinks about possible new gods and skins. Since I suck at drawing you will see google pictures if I want to make something clear. What I've done so far:

Sigurd, the Dragon Slayer - Warrior
    Erlang Shen, the Illustrious Sage - Warrior
    Atalanta, the Great Huntress - Hunter
    Pan, Master of Panic - Assassin
    Cerberus, the Watchdog of the Underworld - Assassin

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by EbonyWarrior01 View Post
    I don't want to offend you, but what should you do when you face a monster that can turn people to stone with just looking at them? Would you face her honorably in battle with a big chance of dying, or would you kill her stealthy while she's sleeping? What would you you do, I should kill her stealthy, because my chance of survival is bigger. But I respect your choice, I think that he would be a great warrior, I understand why you made him an assassin.
    I see what you mean, how most people would... Do what he did. But it was his cunning-ness to use his Shield that marked him as an Assassin. For most people would just sneak up on Medusa, he had a plan to kill.
    Yours ever so sincerely,

Fun-atos - Thanatos skin
    O-Demon - Odin skin

New Member Cupidhead garugakiller08's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 376
    there's a few things wrong with this otherwise amazing concept:
    firstly his ultimate is really a team fight ability, but considering that he's an assassin his ultimate should be a finisher for runaways, that could also double as an exit from tough situations;
    secondly, his third ability, although its fine, i think should be something like him throwing his sword to root the first hit enemy (either a minion or a god, and of course excluding the titan and the fire giant) for 2 or 3 seconds;
    lastly, his first ability is really similar to Apollo's and i think would be better to give him a small heal, maybe him drinking some water and recovering a portion of his health depending on the level of the ability, thus giving him some survivability and pairing up amazingly with the root previously mentioned so that as you run up to the enemy you would have health to spare in case he decides to fight back.

that concludes my examination to the idea, and i have to add that besides the stuff previously mentioned it's an amazing idea and i hope to see it in-game someday!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead EbonyWarrior01's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinGodOfHug View Post
    I see what you mean, how most people would... Do what he did. But it was his cunning-ness to use his Shield that marked him as an Assassin. For most people would just sneak up on Medusa, he had a plan to kill.
    You're right about that fact, he had indeed a plan to kill Medusa, most people should, I think, not think about how to kill her effectively (without sacrificing something.
    Just somebody who likes to play smite and thinks about possible new gods and skins. Since I suck at drawing you will see google pictures if I want to make something clear. What I've done so far:

Sigurd, the Dragon Slayer - Warrior
    Erlang Shen, the Illustrious Sage - Warrior
    Atalanta, the Great Huntress - Hunter
    Pan, Master of Panic - Assassin
    Cerberus, the Watchdog of the Underworld - Assassin

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by garugakiller08 View Post
    there's a few things wrong with this otherwise amazing concept:
    firstly his ultimate is really a team fight ability, but considering that he's an assassin his ultimate should be a finisher for runaways, that could also double as an exit from tough situations;
    secondly, his third ability, although its fine, i think should be something like him throwing his sword to root the first hit enemy (either a minion or a god, and of course excluding the titan and the fire giant) for 2 or 3 seconds;
    lastly, his first ability is really similar to Apollo's and i think would be better to give him a small heal, maybe him drinking some water and recovering a portion of his health depending on the level of the ability, thus giving him some survivability and pairing up amazingly with the root previously mentioned so that as you run up to the enemy you would have health to spare in case he decides to fight back.

that concludes my examination to the idea, and i have to add that besides the stuff previously mentioned it's an amazing idea and i hope to see it in-game someday!
    I would say his ultimate is an exit from tough situations indefinitely. Maybe if enemies are fleeing and not attacking this would be a flaw in his ultimate and thus strategy, valid point. If you're saying it needs a buff then thats kinda ridiculous though. I think he would use it to start his fights: An opener. Medusa's killing people? Jump in the way and finish them off! And that makes them an assassin, feeding on easy pray.

Your third ability concept is a great concept! I might actually put it into the thread concept.

Survivability, though useful, would render him a bit... Different. I like it, but assassins don't play this way. It may be similar to Apollo, but lets say it rolls slowly, then dunk upwards and slashes down really quickly. Thats different. Along with, it has no healing attributes and deals more damage. Additionally, it cant be that bad all in all, as Anhur and Fenrir have similar leaps, but you don't see anyone complaining.

Also, thank you for reading my god concept! This is my first god concept so I am glad so many people are enjoying it.
    Yours ever so sincerely,

Fun-atos - Thanatos skin
    O-Demon - Odin skin